Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I was trying to think why I liked this game and one thing I came up with was how There Is No Background. Everything is foreground. Its the opposite of the PSX era Final Fantasies I guess. There you had these beautiful pre-rendered maps with lots of pretty lights and colours you want to chase after but you can't. You have to follow signposts and Keep Off The Grass.

But in the Outer Wilds if you see a cool place you can go there. Right now and really fast. Just remember to hit the Match Velocity button or you'll only be there very briefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

Just for the sake of being completionist I investigated alternative methods of getting a plot essential item: In the Hanging City they suggested two methods for getting the Vessel working again - Repairing the current warp core and manufacturing a new one. I tried taking the broken Warp Core from the Vessel to the Black Hole Forge. It couldn't be plugged in anywhere and in any case, seems to be a junk item that can't be picked up again once you put it down. I also tried taking core pieces from the High Energy lab on Ember Twin but again they couldn't be plugged in anywhere despite looking much more compatible.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

grate deceiver posted:

lol, I think I just found an easter egg: once the sun starts to turn red giant, around the time of Interloper's apoapsis, there's a Voyager-looking probe passing near Giant's Deep.

Wow! I found this on my very first loop and then got really irritated when I couldn't ever find it again! I eventually decided that I'd accidentally caught up to my own launched Scout or something. Nice to know it was real.

Ending Spoilers: If you accidentally lose your scout by firing it into the Eye of the Universe, it does a little flyby in the New Universe scene!

Senethro fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 8, 2019

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I noticed a high frequency of leaving the simulation to immediately hear the supernova theme start.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I really want to go to the new universe with weird planets forming around tiny suns.