Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Just lol if you didn't mash your ship into wherever you needed to go inside brittle hollow. It may have been built of wood, but that thing is remarkably sturdy.

I tried doing this to get to the Black Hole Lab. I tried to do a fancy flip in the craft and land on the gravity plating near it. As one might imagine it did not work out well. I also tried to jump on top of the forge and ride it like a mechanical bull on its way to the top. :shepface:

E: VVVVVVV Well I'll be damned

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

The dev commentary speedrun reaction is a must watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIK2uceHow8

"Yeet ourselves into the vessel"

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Chev posted:

Eh, the game doesn't seem to regard information being sent back as the same level of breaking causality as concrete things being sent back do, for whatever reason likely linked to how their version of quantum mechanics works. This is verified by taking out the core and dying out of range of the supernova, which doesn't break reality but should as soon as the nova goes past the ash twin project like when you meet your other self.

It's like Douglas Adams said: bad news follows its own rules :colbert:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Maybe I'm just dumb but Obra Dinn felt way too hard, and didn't really provide the continuous flow of aha! moments Outer Wilds did. Still a beautiful game, to be sure.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Snake Maze posted:

In terms of narrative I think the game that felt the most similar to me was actually The Talos Principle.

Yeah, agreeing with this one. To go into too much detail as to why it's reminiscent of the vibe of outer wilds would be a spoiler though.

I kind of disagree with recommending the Obra Dinn, it's kind of a pain in the rear end at times, though it has a very interesting conceit and presentation.

It's a totally different kind of game but if you're interested in interacting with space anomalies and their various stories there is always stellaris. :v:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

For the curious, the music for a certain part of echoes of the eye is this, and cannot be found in the original soundtrack listing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-0vSC8jkLA
I like it anyway. Fits the vibe pretty well.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

Talorat posted:

Is that when you activate matrix mode

Yes, very much so!

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

dirby posted:

How did you find that video from 3 years ago with ~50 views and 0 likes? Did you already own the album or something?

I literally held my phone up to my computer speaker and used soundhound :v:. Was surprised it even found it, but it's also on spotify, so it must be in the shared media data libraries those apps use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

NRVNQSR posted:

Finally played the DLC a few days ago; obviously some issues, but overall it was great and a very worthy addition to the game.

[DLC ending spoilers] Was anyone actually cold enough to tell the prisoner "nah, our new universe is only for cool kids, you can't come"?

This is a long shot, but since it's been a few months now: Can anyone recommend any streamers/lpers who've done a blind playthrough of the full game with DLC included from the start? I'm very curious to see what that experience would be like.

Well admittedly he didn't do both in one continuous LP, but I enjoyed Vinny's run of the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXV8NyFKIOU
Might have to start watching his EotE one next:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLL3O2JwYt0