Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I am literally dead and have gainful employment. If my decaying remains can find a job, you can too. :v:

Serious talk, though: Write down a list of your skills. I don't even mean "things you think are employable" skills, but all skills that make you unique as an individual. You mention German and English language. Do you speak any others? Just to throw an option out there: My wife takes hindi lessons from a teacher on italki.com. You could set up a curriculum and start teaching German to overseas students, as an example. I don't know how good the market is for German language teaching on it, but I know it's good enough for people wanting to learn Hindi that my wife's teachers are raking in (USD) low six figures while living in India.

Think about other weird things you could do. You mentioned sketches and artwork. Are you a good artist? Are you good with kids? Does your country/state allow you to teach art lessons after school to children without a billion art and childcare certs?

Give things like that some thought. Maybe you have some neat combo that you can use to work around not having certs. I honestly don't know much of anything about German employment law so there isn't too much else I can really suggest. :smith:

Edit: Another example of what I mean re: neat skill combos -- I have a friend who brings in (brought in?) about $15K-20K a year doing custom repainting of faces/features on high-end dolls. She was big into doll collecting for a while, and once she realized that people would pay her to have fun with her own hobby, she supplemented her day job with it.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

- I'm also good at acting and voice stuff and would love to actually pursue voice acting but again, need some actual money for actual adult poo poo first

https://www.acx.com/help/narrators/200484550

There are a bunch of sites like these where you can take on narration jobs or you can post your samples + what you're willing to narrate. In the USA, there are some issues re: voice-acting unions understandably hating these sites (they undermine the guild and typically refuse to work with them), but you're in Germany anyway so not sure if/how that'd matter to you.

Not a real "job" or anything until you get popular/lucky, but I just wanted to let you know things like that exist. :)