Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should I be concerned or just let it go and try to sleep
This poll is closed.
yes 46 61.33%
no 29 38.67%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
to start off, no im not going to check to verify. I have enough things to worry about than searing my fragile mind with whatever thing I see out there.

im in my room currently. this door doesnt lock but i have a sock jammed under the door gap so I cant be snuck up on. this morning I was under the impression I had one other roommate, and a cat. but i think some third "being" might have taken residence here and its making all sorts of noise in the kitchen. I dont believe in ghosts but this thing has been making noise in the living room for some time now.

I already checked the rest of the house once, and the noise might have come from the metal chopsticks getting jammed in the washing machine. as I type this i hear more noises and its creeping me the hell out. im back in my room and im not going out of it again to check what is making the noises again, because this time its different.

the cat goes between scared and uncaring between these nosies. im using her as a barometer on how scared i should be. i dont have any weapons in the house but I do have an ATX PSU i can use to strike at whatever is making noise. though it seems liek this would be the type of entity that wouldnt be bothered by physical objects.

anyway help me out so i can leave my room goons. my roommate isnt answering her phone

e: the nosies are here again

buglord fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

im in ur house

here, call ur house and check

*voice on phone* see? i told u i was in ur house

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
this isnt funny, please dont try making jokes when my safety might be at stake

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Scary stuff OP

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
if you plug the PSU in its possible it might create an electro magnetic field powerful enough to send this thing back to the spirit realm or wherever it lives if that isn't just your house to begin with. Otherwise I recommend taking a fucktonne of acid. Weird thing about ghosts is although sometimes hallucinogens can help you see them, sometimes if you are already seeing them, taking lots of LSD or DMT can make them just disappear

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey OP

boo

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Probably just your mom

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Also if you are convinced someone is always sneaking up on you, an easy way to deal with that is constantly turn around 180 degrees and yell "GOT YOU MOTHERFUCKER" this sends a clear signal to anyone near by that if they try to sneak up on you, you will eventually, catch them. You will need to do this constantly though as otherwise they may spot your patterns and find a moment

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Call the Ghostbusters!

Even if it's not a ghost, I think they could scare off a normal squatter too.

But don't dilly dally; ghost tenancy laws are downright spooky

:ghost:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
have you tried talking to it

many ghosts are benign and will leave if asked politely

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

check your carbon monoxide detectors

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
i dont do drugs, so i cant take LSD. plus if I were to call the cops after taking LSD they'd arrest me or shoot me .

im gonna look for a weapon

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
just start playing creepy music to set the mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUHh9t7Tj0

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Sounds like your roommate got laid last night, OP, and their “friend” decided to stay over and make breakfast

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Eat the spirits rear end, op

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sneak out the window, circle around, and knock on the front door.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Do you have a spare bedsheet in your room? Put it on to make a ghost disguise.

If it's a ghost, you can tell him to get out, it's your haunting ground. If it's a run-of-the-mill intruder, they'll be so scared of you they'll leave immediately.

Only do this if you didn't already call the Ghostbusters.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
burn sage. like lots of it. an entire bushel of sage right in the middle of your living room.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

i found this in my school backpack? can i bless it with something? Id take your guys' suggestions but i cant leave my room.

buglord fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 3, 2019

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Check inventory

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Uh is that an arrowhead from an ancient burial ground cuz if it is your weapon might also be the source of your problem ghosts don't like it when you take their stuff.

Stay safe OP.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
ooooh so you stole a weapon from an ancient battleground

yeah you deserve this Āsrava, sorry op

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Uh is that an arrowhead from an ancient burial ground cuz if it is your weapon might also be the source of your problem ghosts don't like it when you take their stuff.

Stay safe OP.

the more correct term is biface since we don't know if it was used as a spear head or part of an atlatl or something. this is made of chert and im not sure if that makes it less holy than obsidian.

Hell Stink posted:

Check inventory

this isnt that kind of thread you gigantic idiot, if i die its my blood on your hands

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Do you have a pantry or closet near the living room?

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/nc-college-student-thought-ghost-was-in-her-apartment-finds-man-in-closet/914894292

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

lol thats some terrible male pattern baldness

my roommate called me back and she wasnt of much help and told me to man up

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
your gonna die

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it saying the n word?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

buglord posted:

this isnt that kind of thread you gigantic idiot, if i die its my blood on your hands

Oh I was just hoping you had something a little more helpful than knowledge of the Christian angelic hierarchy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
put on a blindfold, get your dick out, and enjoy whatever happens next.

that's pretty solid advice for most situations, really.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Why don't you just go see what it is anyway

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
go take a shower and put on some clean underwear, the last thing you want is for them to find you dead with a stank rear end.

also if its a horny ghost and they try to go down on you same situation.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
you got any religious items or symbols in your room, OP? :ohdear:

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

ulex minor posted:

you got any religious items or symbols in your room, OP? :ohdear:

Yeah, I tried this. OP is still in the panic phase and hasn't decided to do the first thing that any survival game teaches us and that's check your gosh darn inventory.

Is it raining OP? This is important.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Look, I've played all the Silent Hill games.

Find out if the ghost haunting your apartment is just mad because he was circumcised.

This will be your guide:
https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/circumcision-is-tearing-apart-the-silent-hill-wikia-maybe-avoid-it-for-now/

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 3, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

buglord posted:

the more correct term is biface since we don't know if it was used as a spear head or part of an atlatl or something. this is made of chert and im not sure if that makes it less holy than obsidian.

>Equip beyblade

>Open door

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

buglord posted:

i dont do drugs, so i cant take LSD.

That’s a tautology, you have just been checkmated by a ghost

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Consider holding a séance with your roommate and cat

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Show me how those big tits fart.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Kak posted:

Show me how those big tits fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Why don't you have a weapon op. A bat, pepper spray, taser, your Hanzo Steel?