Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should I be concerned or just let it go and try to sleep
This poll is closed.
yes 46 61.33%
no 29 38.67%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

This happened to me many years ago when I was a major alcoholic. There was always a little girl in my house always sitting or standing that I could only see in the corner of my eye. Sometimes she'd dart past me or make some noise to, I think try and get my attention.

It's just delirium, it'll go away eventually. Hope that helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
I'm not in your living room and I didn't put any boogers on your remote.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Tom Gorman posted:

This happened to me many years ago when I was a major alcoholic. There was always a little girl in my house always sitting or standing that I could only see in the corner of my eye. Sometimes she'd dart past me or make some noise to, I think try and get my attention.

It's just delirium, it'll go away eventually. Hope that helps!

gently caress sake is that where she ended up? amber alerts are bullshit

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP have you considered the possibility that you are the ghost and the other guy is the living person?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Whatever it is you gotta go down swinging. Come out of the room and invite that special someone to have sex with you and your spouse where applicable.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I was gonna say Slenderman, but there's no registered user on this forum that's ever had one of those in their living room.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Ghost arnt real OP. It was prob just a big rear end rat or something.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you haven’t already tried it you 100% should try to gently caress the ghost

Altair400
Apr 16, 2019

I CASTS THE SPELLS THAT MAKES THE PEOPLES FALL DOWN!
Turn your loving lights on, holy poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I really think you should contact the church, op.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Get wyze cameras, and record that poo poo to make sure.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Don't stare at the shadow people.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

If it's supernatural then get a shitload of salt, everyone knows malicious spiritual entities are almost universally weak to salt.

If it's just a sneaky dude, sneaky dudes are almost universally weak to heavy stuff braining them.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Probably just a raccoon or possum trapped in your apartment rummaging through your things.
They curl up and go docile when cornered in a strange environment and startled, so try that.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I think you got a 'doorman' op, you're gonna starve in your room unless you, like, order a pizza or something that should dissipate it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

food court bailiff posted:

If it's supernatural then get a shitload of salt, everyone knows malicious spiritual entities are almost universally weak to salt.

Slugs are weak to salt, it could be one of those :thunk:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Go towards the light.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Can you fight ghost with iron or was that an episode of supernatural?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

put on a blindfold, get your dick out, and enjoy whatever happens next.

that's pretty solid advice for most situations, really.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Edgar posted:

Can you fight ghost with iron or was that an episode of supernatural?

Kind of, you can defeat the Holy Ghost from the Bible using iron. I don't think it's God rummaging through OP's drawers, but it could be.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Go investigate dude, find out what tethers it to this mortal plane and report back for collaborative goon solutions

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't think anyone mentioned this yet.

Have you tried asking if it's a ghost? If there really is a ghost there they legally have to answer you.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone actually seen a ghost and or been haunted? That's some high and mighty poo poo thinking a ghost, from any time period, would want to show itself infront of a Goon whos only object within reach was a atx psu.

Ghost came to call you a nerd op

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I left the door open and a bird got into my house yesterday. It bounced against a window for about an hour, and then it bounced against a different window for another hour, and then it found its way back out the door which was still open. The end.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

fakeaccount posted:

I left the door open and a bird got into my house yesterday. It bounced against a window for about an hour, and then it bounced against a different window for another hour, and then it found its way back out the door which was still open. The end.

Try opening the window.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

buglord posted:

my roommate called me back and she wasnt of much help and told me to man up

Lol owned by your mom

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mooey Cow posted:

OP have you considered the possibility that you are the ghost and the other guy is the living person?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
So what's the deal here, Bug? If you die can I get your clothes and shoes?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I ended up peeing in a Gatorade bottle to avoid going to the restroom in the hallway. I have to go to work but I called in sick. Only one sick day left.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

buglord posted:

I ended up peeing in a Gatorade bottle to avoid going to the restroom in the hallway. I have to go to work but I called in sick. Only one sick day left.

We can only pray that it wasn't a lemon-lime flavored one. That's just an accident waiting to happen.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sucks you have to use up your sick time because of a ghost OP

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Oh no, mental illness. :smith:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope that "I wasn't able to make it into work because I was scared of a noise in my own home and locked myself in a room that I peed in" is a gentle wake up call that you're not mentally healthy and need some help, and I hope you are able get it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector op

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
no bc those things listen in on you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

buglord posted:

to start off, no im not going to check to verify. I have enough things to worry about than searing my fragile mind with whatever thing I see out there.

im in my room currently. this door doesnt lock but i have a sock jammed under the door gap so I cant be snuck up on. this morning I was under the impression I had one other roommate, and a cat. but i think some third "being" might have taken residence here and its making all sorts of noise in the kitchen. I dont believe in ghosts but this thing has been making noise in the living room for some time now.

I already checked the rest of the house once, and the noise might have come from the metal chopsticks getting jammed in the washing machine. as I type this i hear more noises and its creeping me the hell out. im back in my room and im not going out of it again to check what is making the noises again, because this time its different.

the cat goes between scared and uncaring between these nosies. im using her as a barometer on how scared i should be. i dont have any weapons in the house but I do have an ATX PSU i can use to strike at whatever is making noise. though it seems liek this would be the type of entity that wouldnt be bothered by physical objects.

anyway help me out so i can leave my room goons. my roommate isnt answering her phone

e: the nosies are here again

Get a camera, this is something a six year old trying to catch Santa Claus can figure out!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Is he/she/it still there? How many Gatorade bottles have you filled with piss so far?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
food stores running out lol
e: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pee on the ghost