Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
How fitting, Bog just got to the Fusion era and has reviewed Shoutmon, the Starmon Corp*, Cutemon & Dorulumon, and Ballistamon as of the start of this LP.

I know this game wasn't well received because it wasn't one of the RPGs and wasn't as good as Rumble Arena but it doesn't seem too bad at this point.

*He reviewed Starmon and ShootingStarmon when he reviewed the original Starmon but he split them into its own review for Fusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
To be fair, it was likely a budget game as well seeing as it was released late into the PlayStation's lifecycle so it probably wasn't as high a priority for Bandai at the time.

Plus it was riding on the 02-Tamers transition when Digimon was still in the mainstream so the company might not have been as worried about it succeeding compared to All Star Rumble which was released after Digimon had lost most of its mainstream presence do to Data Squad and Fusion being hosed over by two different networks making it a much greater gamble.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I believe Plesiomon was Gomamon's Ultimate (Mega) stage in early games before it transitioned to Vikemon with Tri though both work as Plesiomon transition well from Gomamon while Vikemon transitions well from Zudomon as I've always headcanon Gomamon being able to become both and just Digivolves into what is most advantageous at the moment.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
As I mentioned in the comments for Bogleech's review of Shoutmon, Xros Wars is unique among the anime by the fact the partner Digimon have considerable amount of characterization beyond being partners compared to past series (e.g. Shoutmon's ambition to become king to protect the weak, Ballistamon and Dorulumon's backstories, etc).

In fact apart from the subplot of Nene and Ewan/Yuu Amano, most of the character drama in this series is between Digimon.