Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
When? Today; Monday, June 3rd, 2019 at 1000PDT.

What to expect?
- People complaining that ${FEATURE_X} wasn't included.
- Usually new versions of iOS, WatchOS, and MacOS

Any new hardware else?
It's Apple, so maybe, although historically new hardware is announced in October.

Live stream location?

https://www.twitch.tv/appleevent
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

What to expect when you're expecting new Mac hardware:

Dick and poo poo. That is my prediction.

Tim will come out, thank everyone for showing up, crow about iPhone and iPad market share, tell iOS developers we have a wonderful set of tracks for you, show off iOS 13, Apple Arcade, WatchOS 6, brand new product is sock cozies for iPads, cue John Mayer / Sheryl Crow / whichever musician is on their top ten list and has nothing better to do today, keynote runs 30-45 minutes longer than it should, Tim comes out again and thanks everyone, cue muzak to fill auditorium, the end.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Tim will come out, thank everyone for showing up, crow about iPhone and iPad market share, tell iOS developers we have a wonderful set of tracks for you, show off iOS 13, Apple Arcade, WatchOS 6, brand new product is sock cozies for iPads, cue John Mayer / Sheryl Crow / whichever musician is on their top ten list and has nothing better to do today, keynote runs 30-45 minutes longer than it should, Tim comes out again and thanks everyone, cue muzak to fill auditorium, the end.

No spoilers please.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Binary Badger posted:

There'd better be a video with slow panning shots of iOS hardware while Jony Ive tells us that "to implement Dark Mode we had to go back to the basics of what it means to interact with your phone" or else I'm gonna flip a table.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

TIM APPLE YOU MOTHER FUCKER

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

The best ________ ever

eames
May 9, 2009

the posts in this thread so far give me an idea of what PTSD might feel like

e: https://twitter.com/SteveMoser/status/1135579015081857027

eames fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 3, 2019

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Looking forward to the usual bitching about a developer's conference keynote being about development and not all about new hardware/software

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

eames posted:

the posts in this thread so far give me an idea of what PTSD might feel like

The guys in the Apple II Enthusiasts groups have it even worse, but at least they came up with Uthernet cards to connect to modern networks and VidHD to hook up to current tech LCD displays.

It's in the middle of a semi-renaissance with five zillion Apple II emulators out and even a Raspberry Pi emulator, and some lunatics are still writing new games for it, but.. still.. DEAD.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 3, 2019

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

Looking forward to the usual bitching about a developer's conference keynote being about development and not all about new hardware/software

WWDC is usually about new software. :confused:

eames
May 9, 2009

the official apple WWDC stream was just blasting "uncensored" rap from beats 1 on twitch.tv of all places

2019 is weird

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ratbert90 posted:

WWDC is usually about new software. :confused:

*not enough new cool software OR the demos are boring and long

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

uh the logo just started animating

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

stop with the emojis for chrissake

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

you must be behind because now there;s a b&w video

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I can’t wait for group Animoji chat to be announced.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I hope they introduce new things to make my job harder

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

wait so apple espouses less screen time but celebrates spending nights coding ok cool

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

BUILD FAILED

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lol these scrubs haven't even opened build settings

eames
May 9, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

wait so apple espouses less screen time but celebrates spending nights coding ok cool

macOS doesn't have screen time so coding doesn't count, duh

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

here comes Timbo

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Here we go

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

DUB DUB

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

yeah no thanks to apple news

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

not the best keyboards in the world

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

nottt the beeest keeeyboards in the worldd

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

star track

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

not the best keyboards in the world

Yeah, after the 2nd gen butterfly keyboard they made them quiet. That's the biggest issue with the new ones. :colbert:

(Other than that dust can destroy them.)

eames
May 9, 2009

sending people to space with π = 3.1444444444159

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Have they even said what devices Apple TV+ will be for? Like... I assume they want people to have an Apple TV and not a Roku

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cook's faked enthusiasm is nowhere near as good as Steve's was

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Ready for Dark Mode and iPad OS

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Not good, who gives a poo poo about AppleTV shows

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

Not good, who gives a poo poo about AppleTV shows

that didn't take long

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

note: macOS listed last

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
Hahaha, they're bringing the Netflix auto preview to the home screen in tvOS. That won't be controversial at all.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Can we get Multi User support for iPad now? So my Apple TV+ Is not filled with my kids garbage shows?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

whoa xbox and ps4 controller support niiiice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

so like tvOS apps will run on iOS devices within the appleTV+ app? this poo poo is confusing