Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Lazyhound posted:

I like the ambient sound level monitoring.

They need to make that work with sound produced by EarPods/earbuds. Maybe a hearing test function that you can periodically use with selected headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I love that the AI revolution is being spurred on because everybody has a Huxleyan need to consume and create media.

(I legit enjoyed the Animoji thing even if I found it annoying because it's nice to see Apple finally aggressively position itself as the brand for queer people)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
iPad OS!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Apple TV only so far

Apple needed them on iOS(and now iPadOS) like 2 years ago. If I was an 11 year old Fortnite fiend having controller support on my phone would be huge. Instead I guess it's an excuse to have both an iPhone and a Switch.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
This took them years?!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

There *is* gaming controller support on those devices, just not using the PS4 or Xbox controllers.

That's a problem, because the standard is a $99 Steelseries dealie that was barely competitive with PS3/360 controllers. If they went out of their way to court companies like 8Bitdo that would be one thing but they haven't. Even though most iOS devices run hardware circles around the Switch the limiting factor to putting games on iOS is a robust controller ecosystem.

emdash posted:

thank god it's just a loving tower and not some fiddly bullshit

*Apple describes their own custom GPU box thing*

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

LOL the stand costs an extra thousand dollars.

Watch this guy run the gently caress off the stage after dropping those bombs.

There was an audible pall across the audience. Tim runs out "HOW ABOUT MAC OS!"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

Wacom stock can now be found in the Marianas Trench.

Good, gently caress the Moonies.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I had to learn different dashes last week. Did y'all know that a commonly used form of long dash necessary on official paperwork requires control-clicking and poo poo?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I legit love that apple just killed the market for Cintiqs.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Marzipan..............."We call it Project Catalyst"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Does the new cinimidisplay have a digitizer built in?

No, they brought the function to iPads instead.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Ah ok. Yeah, RIP Cintiqs on mac products.

I assume that Sidecar comes to the iPad Mini and regular iPad, which pushes the cost/benefit argument in favor of Macs for hobbyists/independent artists. Like, if I'm an aspiring designer or comics artist or whatever I might more readily consider a MacBook Air or MBP if I can add an iPad as a graphics tablet for $400 than something like a Surface Pro or cheaper Windows notebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Meanwhile no companion display for the iMac.

In hindsight it makes the weird height discrepancy between it and the Cinema/Thunderbolt displays seem deliberate.