Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eames
May 9, 2009

the posts in this thread so far give me an idea of what PTSD might feel like

e: https://twitter.com/SteveMoser/status/1135579015081857027

eames fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eames
May 9, 2009

the official apple WWDC stream was just blasting "uncensored" rap from beats 1 on twitch.tv of all places

2019 is weird

eames
May 9, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

wait so apple espouses less screen time but celebrates spending nights coding ok cool

macOS doesn't have screen time so coding doesn't count, duh

eames
May 9, 2009

sending people to space with π = 3.1444444444159

eames
May 9, 2009

Vintimus Prime posted:

Okay that year view with the kids, drat that’s awesome

Powered by Siri so you can be sure to find a few pictures of random landscape shots interwoven with those birthday pictures

eames
May 9, 2009

Mouse support please

eames
May 9, 2009

Clueless people asking to port forward 445/tcp to WAN is going to be a thing again :bravo:

eames
May 9, 2009

A tiny cheesegrater! Yay

Please be Ryzen powered

eames
May 9, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

Was that up to 300W TDP on the chip or for the whole system?

Chip, though I’m pretty sure the top end model will use twice that under all core turbo full load

Price for this will be nuts by PC standards, particularly when compared to next gen Ryzen.

Are these non standard PCIe GPUs? Haha, so close yet so far.

eames
May 9, 2009

We hate NVIDIA so much we’d rather make our own proprietary low volume FPGA accelerator than allow them into our system.

eames
May 9, 2009

WWDC Trypophobia Edition

eames
May 9, 2009

4K 120 Hz non-HDR model please

eames
May 9, 2009

5999 for an 8 core with 256GB SSD and a 560 lmao

eames
May 9, 2009

the thing probably weighs 20kg so you can’t use it with normal VESA arms

eames
May 9, 2009

i just realized that buying a bunch of mac minis are going to be more cost effective than a single mac pro for some workloads.
The $6000 of the base level MP would buy you five hexacore mac minis (=30 physical cores) with $500 budget for a KVM, switch, etc.

eames
May 9, 2009

I'm not mad about the pricing because the updated mac mini exists. The Mac Pro just isn't for consumers and that's fine by me. :shrug:

eames
May 9, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

Truth. The only real Mac Pro Required workload will be shoving around 8K video in realtime. Anything else could be front-ended with a Mac Mini or some other box of modest means and dumped out to a PC built with a beast threadripper and a shitload of RAM for rendering or whatever the hell it is you do, all for less money.

Haha, Apple knows.

Screenshot taken from a video of the WWDC demo setup where they recreated a "video studio workflow room" with ingest-, editing-, coloring-, rendering-stations, etc. All the work stations were Mac Pros and then they briefly panned to this in an unlit corner...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eames
May 9, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

That is absolutely hilarious.

another pretty ironic cameo in the background of this video :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8CGZEpmFq0&t=74s