Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Takeover XXV Results:
  • Matt Riddle defeated Roderick Strong by pinfall in a singles match.
  • The Street Profits defeated The Undisputed Era, The Forgotten Sons and Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch in a Ladder Match to win the vacant NXT Tag Team Titles.
  • Velveteen Dream (C) defeated Tyler Breeze to retain the NXT North American Championship.
  • Shayna Baszler (C) defeated Io Shirai clean via submission to retain her NXT Women's Championship. Io lost her poo poo and beat the gently caress out of Shayna post-match with a chair.
  • Adam Cole (BayBay) defeated Johnny Gargano (C) to become the new NXT Champion.

Raw Results:
  • Raw opened with Smackdown star Roman Reigns, who has only missed one Raw since being "drafted" to Smackdown a few weeks back. Shane McMahon came out soon after to cut a long promo about what he would do to Roman at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia. Roman shut him up and said Shane got by with help from others, but he would beat Shane at blood money and then two weeks later he would beat Drew at Stomping Grounds.
  • Drew came out to warn Roman he would destroy him at Stomping Grounds but for tonight he wasn't going to wait for his partners and would fight Roman right now. This was a distraction for the Revival to jump Roman from behind, and the Usos raced out to back up Roman, kicking off the six-man tag that was scheduled for later in the night.
  • Drew McIntyre and The Revival defeated Roman Reigns and the Usos in a 6-man-tag, the match most notable for the crowd doing a,"WE WANT ROMAN!" chant when he was on the apron. Postmatch, The Revival hit Roman with the Shatter Machine and then Drew hit him with the Claymore Kick. Shane then had them hold Roman up and hit him with the Spear, mocking his,"HOO-AAAHHH!" pose afterwards.
  • Matthew McConnaughey and Lance Armstrong were shown at ringside. The commentators refered to drugs cheat Lance Armstrong as one of the greatest cyclists of all time instead of a cheating piece of poo poo who financially ruined the journalist who tried to expose him.
  • MizTV featured Seth Rollins as a guest, asking what he thought about Brock allegedly cashing in his MITB briefcase tonight. Seth said it would be a relief if Brock did cash in, because he was tired of not being able to focus his mind on a single challenger. At that moment, a limo arrived and Brock and Paul stepped out with the (regular) briefcase prepared to cash in... then Brock said,"Nah" and they walked off backstage instead, apparently to make Seth wait just a little longer.
  • Lucha House Party came out for a tag team match up against <FILE NOT FOUND> and were "surprised" when literal White Supremacist Lars Sullivan came out to fight them. He beat them up but eventually they were able to turn the numbers against him, hitting a pretty cool Triple Dropkick to knock him out of the ring where he roared in a rage at the thought of minorities sticking up for themselves.
  • The IIconics made fun of Nikki Cross backstage for being a miniature puppy who was desparate for anybody to play with her. Alexa Bliss showed up and told them to gently caress off, and they left laughing, and she told Nikki that she didn't mind if Nikki wanted to be friends with Becky instead of her considering her past of screwing friends over. Nikki said she didn't care about the past and wanted to be friends with Alexa, who happily suggested being her second in her match against Peyton Royce.
  • Becky came out to a big pop and talked about the changes she wanted to make after all her recent accomplishments. She said she'd never been so content in her life, but she knew that was a problem because content fighters make mistakes. She singled out Lacey Evans for screwing her out of her Smackdown title, and promised she would do everything she could to exact revenge.
  • Lacey walked out and said she intended to take away Becky's remaining belt, saying Becky was the wrong woman to represent HER division. Charlotte came out and mocked Becky, reminding her she won the Smackdown title from Becky, and was embarassed when Becky pointed out she immediately lost it to Bayley.
  • Lacey and Charlotte went back and forth on the mic, Becky almost entirely forgotten though she was standing in the ring the entire time. Lacey hit Charlotte with a sneak attack and a ref asked Becky to leave the ring so the two could fight. Becky stood outside looking bemused as they fought. The crowd chanted,"WE WANT BECKY!" as Lacey and Charlotte had a really, really rough brawl.
  • Charlotte and Lacey had a tremendously awful match and finally Becky had enough and hauled Charlotte out of the ring to give Lacey the DQ win. Becky got in and knocked down Lacey, then posed with the belt over her. This was phenomenally awful.
  • Rey Mysterio came out and talked about his large son Dominic being in training to continue the family legacy in wrestling, and how proud that made him. To set a good example himself, he was here to do the right thing with the US Title he was too injured to defend. Before he could relinquish it though, Samoa Joe came out and told him he needed to tell the truth: he never beat Joe for the title, because Joe's shoulders weren't down when the pinfall was counted! Rey demanded he give him a moment, then admitted he was here to relinquish the US Title... to Samoa Joe. Joe was surprised but pleased as Rey lay the belt down between them for him to pick up, telling Joe he'd be back for another shot at it when he was healed. As he left the ring though, Joe jumped him and choked Rey out before taking his belt and posing happily with it.
  • BRAUN! came out for an arm-wrestling match with Bobby Lashley. Michael Cole pointed out that it has been a long time since there was an arm-wrestling match on Raw... gee I wonder loving why?
  • Pre-taped promos by Cesaro and Ricochet aired where they talked about how they were going to beat the other.
  • After playing the video posted on social media of Jinder temporarily winning the 24/7 title from R-Truth on a golf course only to lose it straight back, Carmela was shown backstage being followed by Drake Maverick. He told a miserable looking ECIII to follow Carmela since she would lead them to R-Truth.
  • BRAUN! won the arm-wrestling contest with Lashley, then shoved him, then Lashley threw chalk in his eyes and hit BRAUN!'s own finisher on him.
  • Nikki defeated Peyton Royce in a singles match. Alexa was at ringside and became livid after Billie Kay spilled Alexa's coffee and knocking her rear end first into the puddle in white jeans. Alexa attacked Billie and Peyton afterwards, and Nikki raised her arm and celebrated with her over "their" victory.
  • Seth came back out to the ring to complain that everybody was sick of Brock playing games. Brock's music played but he didn't come out, enraging Seth further at Brock using the briefcase in the same way it has been used by literally everybody else who has ever held it outside of maybe RVD. He dared Brock to prove he was still the most feared man on the planet and come out and cash in right now.
  • Baron Corbin came out instead.
  • Baron Corbin.
  • They got in each other's face and fought, and Corbin hit the End of Days on Seth. Brock immediately came out, kicking Seth in the balls when he tried to charge him. Brock suplexed Seth and took his shirt off as Heyman screamed for him to cash in now, but Brock snapped back,"Not now!" as he continued to beat the poo poo out of Seth and hit him with the F5 outside the ring.
  • Heyman continued to plead with Brock to cash in as he smashed Rollins with a chair, but Brock just told him,"FRIDAY!" (the blood money show in Saudi Arabia) before leaving the ring. He suddenly tore the briefcase from Heyman and went back to the ring, attacking Seth with the briefcase as the crowd chanted,"ONE MORE TIME!" before finally leaving.
  • Seth was strapped to a stretcher and taken out of the ring, with the crowd finally clapping to show their support for him. After the break, he was put into the back of an ambulance, joined by Becky Lynch, and taken to a "local medical facility".
  • A Very Special Episode of Firefly Funhouse aired, as a serious Bray said he needed to talk on a serious subject: EXERCISE! He put on a sweatband and joined new puppet Huskus the Pig Boy, a little german piggy who only wanted to eat chocolate (I feel ya, Huskus). Bray told "Huskus" that one day he would get his act together and have "the whole world in his hands", making a clear reference to Husky Harris becoming Bray Wyatt. A devil puppet of Vince McMahon showed up to fire them and Bray did a music exercise video of "the muscleman dance" to change his mind, with one brief pause in between where he looked directly into the camera and hissed at the audience to erase their minds.
  • Opinions are subjective but the Firefly Funhouse loving rules.
  • HHH came to the ring to talk about his match at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia. The crowd chanted,"NXT!" at him, but before he could speak Orton came out. They talked each other up but said they'd beat the other in their heatless, uninteresting match at the blood money show. Orton told HHH to get his balls back from Stephanie before the match, HHH said Orton never had any to begin with.
  • Baron Corbin was interviewed backstage, laughing because Brock had probably done enough damage to Seth to guarantee Baron would be the new Universal Champion when he fought Seth at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia.
  • Ricochet and Cesaro had a pretty good match (big surprise!) and Ricochet won it clean, upsetting Cesaro who attacked him from behind postmatch.
  • Cesaro grabbed a ladder from beneath the ring, then changes his mind and went for a table... only to discover that R-Truth had been hiding on it the entire night. Ricochet took out Truth and Carmela joined him to escape, only for the jobbers to race down to the ring to try and get the 24/7 title. Cedric Alexander took everybody out with a giant dive, and Truth found himself face to face with Drake Maverick at last. Carmela superkicked Maverick and she and Truth cheesed it with the jobbers in hot pursuit.
  • Undertaker came out for the "main event" of the evening. The crowd popped big for him and cheered and chanted his name.
  • Taker said he didn't want the loving, proud father at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia, he wanted GOLDBERG so he could destroy the legend. He ended the show by proclaiming,"Goldberg, YOU'RE NEXT!"

Smackdown Results:
  • WWE Champion Kofi Kingston came to the ring with Xavier Woods, and spoke emotionally about his recent week long trip to his birth country of Ghana. Dolph Ziggler came out to talk poo poo, saying he never denied Kofi's quality but still thought that HE should be the champion instead of Kofi. Kofi played video of Dolph quitting as US Champion and briefly "walking out" of WWE in 2017, and said the difference between them is that Kofi never quit, and THAT is why it's about him and not Dolph.
  • Kofi and Xavier defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a tag match. Postmatch, Dolph Ziggler superkicked Kingston from behind and then superkicked Xavier.
  • After a recap of Shane McMahon, Drew McIntyre and The Revival's assault on Roman Reigns, Shane appeared in a backstage promo saying that he'd proven Roman wasn't as good as him and he was coming to the ring to call him out to prove it once again.
  • Bayley came out for A Moment of Bliss with Alexa, who talked over her or ignored her in favor of her coffee. Bayley finally snapped and knocked the (clearly empty) coffee out of Alexa's hand, and Alexa warned her that she wasn't worthy of the belt. Carmella came out to stake her own claim to a title shot, and then Charlotte came out too because (as talented as I think she is) apparently WWE can't go more than an episode without putting her back into title shots.
  • Backstage, a horrified R-Truth explained to Carmella that his European Title was actually a 24/7 title, and he had to defend it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! He'd been using Carmella's phone to harass Shane McMahon to give his some relief. Shane called and told Truth that he was forgiving him for interrupting Shane McMahon Appreciation Night by booking him to defend the 24/7 title in a STANDARD match in the ring that was starting RIGHT NOW!
  • Truth showed up for a match with Elias, but the match was not a straight singles match but a Lumberjack match. Elias quickly won the 24/7 belt but then the lumberjacks turned on him, kicking off a brawl that Elias quickly snuck out of with the belt... only to crawl directly into R-Truth who chased him under the ring. The bell rang and Truth came out with the title, kicked his heels and then cheesed it out through the crowd as Drake Maverick dived through the air after him.
  • Aleister Black did a promo about how nobody had answered what he thought was a pretty clear open challenge to the WWE roster. He got angrier and angrier as he demanded somebody be a man and fight him, before stopping and smiling as he took control of himself.
  • Shane showed up with the Revival and replayed video of them beating up Roman last night and promised to do the same at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia. Roman came out, easily taking out the Revival, but somehow it caught him completely by surprise that Drew McIntyre was also lying in wait and caught him with a Claymore Kick as he ran to the ring. Drew hauled Roman into the ring and Shane speared him again and posed over his prone body.
  • Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville came to ringside to watch Carmella vs. Alexa vs. Charlotte in a triple threat to determine a new contender for Bayley's Smackdown Women's Championship. Alexa won by pinning Carmella, though Mandy and Sonya got involved towards the end. The commentators mentioned that now a Raw wrestler is fighting for the Smackdown title, as if the brand split means anything anymore.
  • Lars Sullivan came out for an in-ring interview and said people had called him a freak all his life but he was going to make.... Lucha House Party pay? By vivisecting them? This really didn't do the literal white supremacist any favors.
  • Andrade attacked Apollo Crews right at the start of their match, then Finn Balor ran out to attack Andrade who managed to get the best of him before clearing out of the ring with Zelina. Finn and Andrade are fighting at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia.
  • Goldberg came out to a big pop and loud chanting, which he seemed to appreciate even if he was already breathless just from striding to the ring. He thanked Taker for calling out the "legend" of Goldberg rather than the family man, and warned him that he was going to destroy him because he was next. The GONG! sounded and the lights went out, and Taker briefly appeared face to face with Goldberg as the crowd went nuts. The lights went out and Taker was gone, and Goldberg said it was on at the blood money show in Saudi Arabia.
  • Goldberg walked up the ramp, stopping to hug and high five little kids on the way.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

:gas: this company

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe sucks

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thank God for the Firefly Funhouse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Chernobyl finale made me cry :[

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

More R Truth and Firefly Funhouse

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey mods would it be okay if I started linking my Twitch channel so we can watch shows and poo poo on them together while I do awkward unfunny play-by-play and video games? Also I am deeply thinking of making my icon Rambling Rabbit with the sunglasses

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Matt Riddle defeated Roderick Strong by submission
nuh uh

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Raw is War

War is Hell

Raw is Hell

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao they're going to have corbin beat seth and then brock cashes in aren't they

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, but as of tomorrow:

It will have been 29 days since the Viking Raiders have appeared on RAW.
It will have been 21 days since Kairi Sane has appeared on Smackdown.

Great job with those callups, Vince. Jesus loving christ I dunno why, but this batch of callups pisses me off way more than usual in regards to their handling. Meanwhile WWE continues to put the spotlight on people like Lacey who should not be on TV in any shape or form right now after tonight.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Do you think Vince has any idea about the Moxley interview or does the concept of a podcast frighten and confuse him?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

They don't have time for them to be on TV, they have to fit all these wildcards in somehow!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wildcard bitches, yeehaw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

did everyone die

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey mods would it be okay if I started linking my Twitch channel so we can watch shows and poo poo on them together while I do awkward unfunny play-by-play and video games? Also I am deeply thinking of making my icon Rambling Rabbit with the sunglasses

Send me a PM and we'll discuss it there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
riddle pinned roderick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Need R-Truth to wind up in the funhouse somehow

Or better yet: Bray escapes by switching with R-Truth. We get R-Truth with puppets, and Bray is free to do....well, anything else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

riddle pinned roderick

Really? That was the one match I missed and I haven't gone back to properly watch it, so I got the details from the Observer and they had it listed as a submission, they got it wrong?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

excited to find out what happens my theory is aliens

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Really? That was the one match I missed and I haven't gone back to properly watch it, so I got the details from the Observer and they had it listed as a submission, they got it wrong?
yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks, re-reading it, they do say he won by pinfall in the body but still have the title listing it as a submission win. I'll correct it now.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a heads up, but as of tomorrow:

It will have been 29 days since the Viking Raiders have appeared on RAW.
It will have been 21 days since Kairi Sane has appeared on Smackdown.

Great job with those callups, Vince. Jesus loving christ I dunno why, but this batch of callups pisses me off way more than usual in regards to their handling. Meanwhile WWE continues to put the spotlight on people like Lacey who should not be on TV in any shape or form right now after tonight.

I thought I ready something the other day that about 50+ people haven't appeared on TV at all since the Wildcard rule started.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gotta sign more people though! Definitely not just so nobody else can have them!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

firefly funhouse is the best wwe product

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
When I opened this thread the only picture that loaded at first was the 24/7 pic and I briefly assumed that J-Ru had elected to only post the picture of the one champion that matters and now I think he should do that for real.

Also until I read the recap I had forgotten Baron Corbin was in the title match at WWE Blood Money.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao I could barely get through reading that, this raw was wwe.txt just awful apparently

Only thing that makes RoH worse is a wrestler isn't coming out to intimidate a fan because they were an rear end in a top hat to their girlfriend

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I didn't watch Raw (because why would anyone?), but how the hell is the title of this thread not, Friday Friday gonna cash in on Friday?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I only care about Cesaro's braces, R-Truth, and Firefly Funhouse. AMA

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

it's amazing that we all knew the Brock cash-in was going to be a bait and switch for Blood Money and somehow they still made it worse than we thought it would be

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Jerusalem posted:

Send me a PM and we'll discuss it there.

Sorry I can't PM you (no plat account and too broke to buy one). You can always talk to me on discord if you want.

In other stuff, are they desperately trying to make Shane the new Mr. McMahon? He's so bland that it's an impossible feat.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

GrimGypsy posted:

it's amazing that we all knew the Brock cash-in was going to be a bait and switch for Blood Money and somehow they still made it worse than we thought it would be

So what's the bait & switch for Blood Money gonna be? The suitcase gets confiscated at the airport and the cash-in can't happen because the briefcase needs to actually physically be there and it just can't be a written contract thing?

Or does the Saudi deal have provisions in it for an actual major title change on one of the shows?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY PUSHED

NO MAN IS EVER TRULY JOB-BING

I WIN THE BELT YOU NEVER COULD

AND WE WILL NEVER BE JOBBERS

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Even reading the recaps can be tiring. What's the point of HHH-Orton match for Friday? How did it even start back up?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This is the first Raw I've straight up skipped in awhile

*reads results*

Didn't miss anything

Avoided the Firefly Funhouse spoiler, I'll wait until the video is available

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Astro7x posted:

I thought I ready something the other day that about 50+ people haven't appeared on TV at all since the Wildcard rule started.

They might remember the feud for the tag titles, but until then Usos and Revival gotta keep feuding!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oh nevermind firefly funhouse is on youtube

holy poo poo, this week was amazing

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks, re-reading it, they do say he won by pinfall in the body but still have the title listing it as a submission win. I'll correct it now.
The cash reward is thanks enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stanfield posted:

When I opened this thread the only picture that loaded at first was the 24/7 pic and I briefly assumed that J-Ru had elected to only post the picture of the one champion that matters and now I think he should do that for .

Also until I read the recap I had forgotten Baron Corbin was in the title match at WWE Blood Money.

I forgot about this too.... if Corbin has a title shot against Seth, why would he put Seth in a position to get beaten by Brock?