Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have never found r-truth interesting. K-kwik on the other hand was cool and i played with him on that old wwe raw pc game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

How long has it been since the Raw tag team champions have appeared on TV?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
...There are Raw tag team champions?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Nikki and Alexa best face friends forever and keep that inevitable betrayal away.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

How long has it been since the Raw tag team champions have appeared on TV?

Without clicking back to page 1 I have no loving clue who even has them right now. Is it still Ryder and Hawkins?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think Brock is gonna cash in on Kofi.

As much as I hate everything with...well, everything else pretty much, I legitimately love the 24/7 Title and Firefly Funhouse.

After reading this post I want Brock to desperately try to use his mitb contract to get the 24/7 title but the ref never takes it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

Make Nikki and Alexa best face friends forever and keep that inevitable betrayal away.

Do the William Regal/Eugene face turn WWE, you know it makes sense

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whoever said "DON will just make WWE double down on being WWE" was loving right. It's TNA levels of awful right now. idk how they continue to push Evans after how bad she's been exposed as terrible especially combined with Charlotte who has been sloppy for a long time.
Actually I can't use the TNA comparison with the women's division because the Knockouts roster is way better.

I didn't know Street Profits won the titles though, good for them, Angelo Dawkins is loving great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RBX posted:

Does anybody have a reason yet why Baron Corbin keeps getting these matches

He tall, Vince like tall. Tall good. Short BAD!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's cool that WWE has an active roster of like 150 people but through the whole 8 hours of TV they stick to the same 10-15 wrestlers.

It's really amazing to me that they voluntarily make the show so bad. They have a massive roster but stick to a few wrestlers? That's bad, but maybe if they focus on the very best of their wrestlers it... oh it's people like Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans? That's bad, but Corbin can be fairly entertaining on his own so if th- oh they script him to the letter with awful, boring bullshit?

WCW had a bloated roster and while they paid very little attention to the non-main eventers, at least we got to see fun matches on the undercard of Nitro. RAW isn't just focused on their dumb main event bullshit (like Orton vs. HHH pt XXIV: Even Worse Country edition), it's exclusively devoted to it. WWE consistently makes the worst decisions possible. Money in the bank gives someone the opportunity for a title shot at the date and time of their choosing? Let's give it to Brock Lesnar, whose entirely role in the company is hold the title while doing nothing or become number one contender without doing anything. They seem to be slavishly devoted to ripping the silver lining off of every dark cloud.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

He tall, Vince like tall. Tall good. Short BAD!

I thought he was one of Triple H's

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
WWE liked that Godsmack song from the Greatest Royal Rumble so much, they brought it back as the theme of Super Showdown.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I was listening to WOR this morning and it was great listening to Bryan get heated about the Lacey/Charlotte match and Dave just agreeing with him on how bad it was.

Like it has to be in the running for worst TV match of the year at the very least.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Charlotte is a ok wrestler, the fact that she couldnt carry Lacey holy gently caress

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Charlotte is a ok wrestler, the fact that she couldnt carry Lacey holy gently caress

She couldn't carry Carmella when they had their feud.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm sure there have been many, but off the top of my head I can't recall watching a match worse than Charlotte/Lacey. It felt like they botched every move.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

rovert posted:

It's almost as if the WWE Performance Center doesn't train people in how to work very well. :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

I'm glad you have a good avatar again but the old one was still better :sigh:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Carmella couldn't carry Charlotte.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

bradzilla posted:

the heat death of the universe.

The Heat Death of the WWE Universe.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fart blood posted:

It's almost as if the WWE Performance Center doesn't train people in how to work very well. :thunk:

You are meant to believe Sara Del Rey is a super trainer for reasons.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the root of the problem is Vince loves calling up people before they are ready and in the case of some workers, giving them a rocket push despite being completely green at everything.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

rovert posted:

You are meant to believe Sara Del Rey is a super trainer for reasons.

Actually it’s norman smiley deserves the blame here.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

tao of lmao posted:

:golfclap:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

fart blood posted:

Huh? There are a ton of great workers who have been to the PC such as Ricochet, all of The Undisputed Era and Andrade.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fart blood posted:

I guess that makes sense since a lot of non-wwe people seem to have less fuckups. The women from Japan definitely don't have the same problems as Charlotte or Lacey Evans.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

The more rounded female wrestler's credit Norman. I've tried to clue up people up on that for years but some fans can't be told.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

The more rounded female wrestler's credit Norman. I've tried to clue up people up on that for years but some fans can't be told.

That's not why he said that to you rovert.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 4, 2019

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Tomahawk posted:

Huh? There are a ton of great workers who have been to the PC such as Ricochet, all of The Undisputed Era and Andrade.

Well done

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I honestly think that the biggest women’s wrestler success from the PC is Alexa Bliss.

The thing is, she is still only an okay wrestler, but she/they figured out her positives and they run with those. I am wondering if they go full fledged and turn her face...that would be a big challenge for her since she plays a heel so well.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

I don't know why people wouldn't believe it because its obvious from most social media from PC people that everyone loving loves The Big Wiggle

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I honestly think that the biggest women’s wrestler success from the PC is Alexa Bliss.

The thing is, she is still only an okay wrestler, but she/they figured out her positives and they run with those. I am wondering if they go full fledged and turn her face...that would be a big challenge for her since she plays a heel so well.

Bring back GLITTER GLITZ SPARKLE BLISS

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Tomahawk posted:

I appreciate this sarcasm very much, good sir.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

There's not a lot of guys where you can say WWE uses them to their maximum potential but Bliss comes at least close.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Don't worry, it's WWE we are talking about here. They'll have her turn on Nikki Cross in a few weeks because that's the only way they know how to book Alexa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If she's a face she can finally do all the cool moves she definitely knows but that heels don't do.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa is one of the best mic workers they have, shame her brain is a farm.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Don't worry, it's WWE we are talking about here. They'll have her turn on Nikki Cross in a few weeks because that's the only way they know how to book Alexa.

Alexa has never actually turned on her minions. They turn on her. Mickie was that she was just being used and wasn't going to get a title shot, Nia because she's fat etc.

At the moment this is the reverse of the usual thing they've doing because it's Nikki driving trying to make the friendship a thing.

That said I know this is WWE and that doesn't actually matter and they might just do it that way anyway.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I think the trainers for the WWE do a great job of teaching basics, getting people in shape, and finding a couple of wrestling moves that work for them

but these Baron Corbins and Lacey Evans of the WWE that didnt go to the indies you can tell they do not know how to work in a ring

you can practice any sport but until it is game time, you do not know if that person can really step up

the non-indie guys need like an extra 1000 matches to catch up

Bray Wyatt was never an indie guy right? 2nd generation and all that but he got to spend time on WWE main roster as husky, the old NXT, prob time in FCW, time in new NXT, and then time on WWE main roster and working the house show loop. How many years did it take Wyatt to "get good" and then he didnt even have a good WWE title run what a shame

it is like performance center people need to work outside of the nxt florida house show loop to get better, to be in front of different types and sizes of crowds, to work with different types of wrestlers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something I've noticed is that PC graduates seem to use knee strikes a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

This wouldn't be as big a problem if WWE booking was better than flaming trash because a good booker in their peak excentuates the positive and hides the negatives as best as they can. Like when Paul Heyman convinced the wrestling world that Public Enemy were actually good.