Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Today is a special day. June 4th 2018 marks the 14th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby Colorado.

Sit down kids and let me tell you a tale, about a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby Colorado. The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop. In the process this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop. Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail. Petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself. Denied.

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business. To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines. An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin. Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back. Over the course of a year and a half Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with three foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems guarded with bulletproof glass.

On June 4th 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.
He burst fourth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business. Over the course of the next several hours Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.

Swat teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives. Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it too fell to the dozers righteous fury.

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy. Marvin chose to take his life, the only life he took that day.

Today we celebrate Killdozer day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero. A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.

From notes left behind after his passing:
"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

When injustice becomes the law, resistance becomes duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Oh to live in simpler times in a simpler America where your neighborly problems can be resolved by armored bulldozer

:patriot::killdozer::patriot:

edit: Also your post needs to be updated to the year of our lord 2019 and this is the 15th year anniversary

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

godbless, god rest

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

memories

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DrPossum posted:

Oh to live in simpler times in a simpler America where your neighborly problems can be resolved by armored bulldozer

:patriot::killdozer::patriot:

edit: Also your post needs to be updated to the year of our lord 2019 and this is the 15th year anniversary

:effort:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Never forget.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Like all folk heroes the killdozer guy ended up being a huge shithead when you look into the story.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't let your dog poo poo in his yard.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

He went out of his way not to hurt anyone who wasn't associated with the city council screwjob and only shot at cops. The older I get the more I appreciate all that he did.

Cops will argue that he almost caused a bunch of deaths by shooting at some propane tanks, but just note that the only people who might have been harmed were more cops.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bong rips for killdozer RIP

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

DrManiac posted:

Like all folk heroes the killdozer guy ended up being a huge shithead when you look into the story.

You cant just throw that out there and not elaborate.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Deki posted:

quote:

The sheriff's department also noted that 11 of the 13 buildings Heemeyer bulldozed were occupied until moments before their destruction. At the town library, for example, a children's program was in progress when the incident began.[2][5]

Trying to bulldoze children in a library kinda tarnishes the 'folk hero' image a little.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

DrManiac posted:

In every superhero movie at some point the media starts slandering the hero before the hero proves everyone wrong and saves the day.

edit: same thing with Dorner

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the shining star for all rampage enthusiasts to admire. supposedly they wanted to discourage fans from collecting memorabilia so it was dismantled and scattered but that seems like foreshadowing for a sequel. The once and future killdozer

:killdozer:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

DrManiac posted:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Dude just wanted to sell mufflers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DrManiac posted:

Can't corner the dorner

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
2004 killdozer
2008 iron man

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Shut up Meg posted:

Trying to bulldoze children in a library kinda tarnishes the 'folk hero' image a little.

you just gonna believe what a cop tells you huh

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Deki posted:

He was offered $250k for the land that he purchased for $42k - an agreement which he initially accepted and then backed out of and demanded a million.

Still owns though.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

b-minus1 posted:

Dude just wanted to sell mufflers

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/06/09/killdozer-day-marvin-heemeyer/

quote:

The story of the batch plant also goes back to 1992, three years after Heemeyer had moved to the area. Heemeyer bought his two acres from the Resolution Trust Corp., the federal agency set up to handle the assets of failed savings and loan institutions. He bought the two acres for $42,000 but later agreed to sell it to the Docheff family, which wanted the property for a concrete batch plant, for $250,000. They agreed, but then he wanted $375,000 and at some later point wanted a deal worth approximately $1 million. All of this was well before the rezoning proposal hit town hall.

“I just think he set things up to the point where you would have to say no.'” said Susie Docheff in an interview with the Sky-Hi News. “He probably set you up to say no’ just so he could get mad at you.”

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
in 2019 goons can't even enjoy killdozer of all things without cataloging the ways its problematic smdh

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
are some buttholes gonna come into the killdozer thread on killdozer day and spout off some nonsense about how if you cant reach a business agreement with someone then youre in the right to cut off road and sewer access to try to financially ruin them instead? really?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Heemeyer was just trying to get money from a ridiculously rich family, the Docheffs.

If you read up on the Docheffs you might discover some fun stuff that shows just how lovely they are. John Docheff has basically spent his entire adult life beating women and getting a slap on the wrist for it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
F

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

fakeaccount posted:

Today is a special day. June 4th 2018 marks the 14th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby Colorado.

Fix your OP. It's 2019!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I've been to Granby, CO. In my opinion he should have been allowed o bulldoze the whole town, then been awarded a presidential medal of some kind. :patriot:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

DrManiac posted:

The problem with humans is the only people willing to fight the system are huge shitheads who are predisposed to violence anyway and they usually want to just burn everything down without any plans to build something better on the ashes. It's "Fight or Flight", not "Fight, Flight, or come up with a workable solution".

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Never forget. :salute:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hero of the working man.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

holy smokes that happened in 2004??

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

The problem with humans is the only people willing to fight the system are huge shitheads who are predisposed to violence anyway and they usually want to just burn everything down without any plans to build something better on the ashes. It's "Fight or Flight", not "Fight, Flight, or come up with a workable solution".

dude didnt really fight "the system" so much as his neighbors but his neighors seemed lovely too

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
countdown until someone posts donoteats klldozer vid

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Deki posted:

donoteat made a video in this thread

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 4, 2019

acems
May 8, 2019

maker posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DrManiac posted:

we regret to inform you that milkshake dozer is racist

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
ISIS was inspired by his engineering vision

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a19555/why-isis-is-building-mad-max-truck-bombs/

And the Kurds fighting them

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/sep/30/homemade-armoured-vehicles-isis-peshmerga

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

DrManiac posted:

hitler actually had a lot of good ideas

the first tanks were pretty much just armored tractors/bulldozers, we've just come full circle back to world war 1

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Viva la Killdozer.

lovely small town governance fucks people over in big ways everyday.

The Pom Wonderful company (Fiji water)has been trying to get permission to pump out my town's aquifer so they can resell it. It's being done under the guise of them needing the enhanced water rights so they can water their vineyards, but they've stated a desire to create massive on site holding tanks that are atypical for AG use and more in line with storing potable water for transport.

The company, along with other local corporate ag interests, formed a committee that was voted for by the county supervisors. Now, they all get to dictate what happens with the water. They basically put the foxes in charge of the hen house and there's not much anyone can do about it since it's now all tied up as a local government oversight committee.

Since this is in California, we don't have much water anyways. A few years ago, one of the towns an hour north of me literally ran out of water. Their wells went dry, and the only thing that came out was like a black sludge. They pumped so much water out of the ground that parts of the town started loving sinking due to subsidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

maker posted: