Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zengetsu
Nov 7, 2011
The Pokemon Snap Kiosk thing came to Magfest in DC's National Harbor last year, so there is at least one of them still kicking around. It's a giant pain in the dick to maintain apparently as well from what my friend who chatted with the guy who brought it said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

That concludes this quickie LP!
Star Fox Adventures is still being worked on, but I've got a couple more N64-based ideas to fill in the gaps. I'm going to stream a revisitation of Bomberman Hero next week, and I bought Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for another potential filler LP.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Three dancing Gravelers: Worth less points than a Pikachu on a Stump.

Oak is biased as all hell.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thank you for all the hot and yummy pictures

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This was a great LP, thank you! I love Snap and it's great to have all about it shown like this, even stuff I didn't know. And some really good pictures and some really good Oak quotes.

About Snap taking two to three hours: the fastest Any% run of Snap is 20 minutes, 35 seconds, while 100% is just 23 minutes, 33 seconds. This is a short game. A really good one though! Too bad we'll never get anything like this ever again.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
While I do have a soft spot for Snap, Hey you Pikachu, and the Stadium series; I also believe that it is important to understand the state of the Pokémon franchise at the time of this game's creation and why any sequel is unlikely.

First and foremost, it's important to remember that Pokémon was not expected to become the behemoth it is now. Generation two was expected to be the point that the franchise would die off, hence why seems was more like an extension of Generation one while subsequent generations were more independent especially five onward.

This is also why there was an impetus to experiment with 3D models despite sprites being the primary form of depicting Pokémon in the mainline series until X/Y as Nintendo wanted these games out before Pokémon's popularity dropped. Likewise the usages of models to depict Pokémon has lost most of he impact it had when the N64 games were first released, something Nintendo themselves have gone on record on, with Battle Revolution being the death knell of the Stadium series.

I suspect that rather than full sequels, both Snap and Stadium will continue to be integrated into the mainline games as was mentioned in the video.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I guess he isn't going to show it. If you keep taking pictures of Dugtrio, you can get 3 Dugtrio to show up.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

One thing I always liked about Pokemon compared to other collectable-monster series - or even general RPG monsters - is that they usually felt like they could actually exist in an ecosystem independently of the player and weren't just tokens for battles. I never got to play Snap as a kid, not having a Nintendo, but even just in concept I loved how it reinforces the whole idea that they have lives outside of game mechanics, and I hope they do explore that concept more in future.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That was a fun little LP, thanks for playing it.

As a kid, this was the second video game I ever looked up an online guide for (the first being Ocarina of Time for the water temple). Some of the things you have to do to get certain pokemon to appear were beyond childhood me's ability to intuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
this lp was good and good and brought me many nostalgia drugs.

thank you