Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
There have been some requests to resurrect the DJ thread, and since all of the past 4 threads (mixes, ask/tell, equipment, and electronic music) are all locked and archived, this is our new home, and hopefully the DJs of yore will come out of the woodwork to show us what is what, or maybe just strut.

Current Relevant Threads
DJ Discussion Thread: If you want to ask a question about DJ equipment, if you want to share a dope mix you heard, or you want to vent about that lovely gig you had, or brag about the amazing sunset beach set you did, this is your place.

Past/locked threads
DJ Mix Thread Vol 2
Old Ask/tell thread
DJ gear discussion

The majority of the old thread doesn't seem so useful anymore, as it's nearly a decade old, so we're salting the Earth. No rules, no masters (but don't be a dick, ok)

If you have any requests to be added to this OP, please PM me or post a reply if you cannot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Here's a mix production I did (not a live recording) to start this thread off. I wasn't able to go to Burning Man last year, so I created this with great care for my fire spinning camp to play in my steed. It's house, and more specifically what I would call desert house, which isn't necessarily a real genre but it is descriptive and fits the feel.

Link: https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/awaken/

code:
#. Track - Artist
1. Bazaar - Elfenberg
2. Wind of Freedom - Rapossa
3. Napauken -Shkoon & Fruiterama
4. Persephone (Hrag Mikkel Remix) - Caravaca & Landikhan
5. The Ocean of Samsara - Rapossa
6. Nabia - Be Svendsen
7. Kuzzura (San Miguel Remix) - Yohoros
8. Lotus - Elfenberg
9. Inside the Legend - Raidho
10. Caravan (Hrag Mikkel Remix) - Rapossa
11. Tibesti - HouseWork
12. Desire - Rasi Z
13. Tudan (San Miguel Remix) - Fulltone & Safism
14. Hizab - Ali Kuru
15. Vedanta - Fake Mood
16. Lullaby - Armen Miran & Hraach
17. Miracle D’Hwange (Armen Miran Remix) - Amentia
18. Burned the Strings - Hraach
19. Reaching Rujum - Timboletti
20. Tupin - Made in TLV
21. Jafar - Elfenberg
22. Nani Jan - Armen Miran
23. Bimma - Rampa
24. Toucan - Amentia

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Nice mix, more downtempo almost psychill than house I would say but the second half was more my groove; the Fake Mood and Made In TLV tracks were standouts. Great progression throughout. Thanks for starting a new thread!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Noice, thanks for reviving the thread mitztronic (bc I was gonna but I got too high and forgot about it).

HERE is a short mix I recorded at home to test my video camera. It's mostly bass House with some breaks, completely improvised across four decks.

Chew.TV, the hosting/streaming platform I uploaded that mix to, some friends seem to like it as they post weekly streams with apparently little issue. Maybe it's a 'paid account' thing but I had a bad time uploading that pre-recorded mix. It took like a month to go from 'pending' to viewable, and the other mix I uploaded a week before this one is still pending. Their support didn't seem to want to shed any light on the situation either.

Should I make the move to Twitch, does it even work for DJ streams and hosting? YouTube and Facebook are pretty much out of the question as their copyright detection algorithms are top-notch. That being said...

HERE is a playlist of my series of 'OPERATIONS' mixes: four-deck pre-planned sets mostly of D&B, running the gamut of subgenres. For some reason, these mixes have not given me much trouble with the copyright algorithm, barring one or two examples. Then again I haven't listened to them in a while.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
Nice to see the mix thread revival, I used to be really anxious about posting my mixes but gently caress it, here's a stream I played on last Friday as a fill in for a friend of mine for my birthday. First hour is me, all drum and bass.

Two XDJs because I didn't bother to check the crossfader when the third deck wasn't putting out sound through the master. Set wasn't planned and there's one or two trainwrecks, but overall a solid set. Enjoy!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Going live on FAT32 Studios' Chew.TV stream in just over an hour. I'll be the doughy guy in the Colt shirt, spinning minimal 2-step D&B. Tune in, or don't.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oi, let's keep this thread alive yeah?

I'll be going live with some Drum & Bass and Jungle on The TDotLove stream tonight from 8-10PM Eastern time. My music library is cleared of all backlog so I've got some fresh artillery to send, in support of local superstars Tru Troopa, Jess Done, TDotLove head honcho and badman chef Tranzit, with MCs Zee and Decoy (!!!) on the mic. Tune in and request a Rush song or something, I dunno.

Needless to say, also since I've cleared up that massive (~3,000 track) backlog in my library, and I've got a pretty set of CDJ2000NXS2s to play around with, I'll be putting together OPERATIONS vol. 17 in the next few days. Stay tuned, or don't.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 16, 2019

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Throwing this out there. I've usually planned out my mixes in advance, but been feeling a lot more natural and a lot more fun to just set to record and go at it. Threw this one together to listen to on a flight heading out tomorrow, it's all manner of house from future house, bass house, and g-house

https://www.mixcloud.com/rick-anthony/2019-end-of-year-mix/

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Mister Speaker posted:

Oi, let's keep this thread alive yeah?

I was out of the game for a while (over a year, except one house party), while changing my career. Much more time now, so here is something I've been working on with the music I collected over the past year. Sorry I kind of abandoned the thread almost immediately, I started a new job. :)

I was offered to be a pilot for mixcloud select, which is their new revenue generating model. I wasn't expecting to have many people sign up, but for anyone wondering, you end up with about 18%. Most of the money goes to artists (65%)

https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/bloom

1. Simon Vuarambon - Alcyon
2. Marsh - Estes
3. Newman (I Love) - After the Storm
4. Somelee - Lazoor
5. Bona Fide, M.O.S. - Volga
6. Watt The Fox - Dunes
7. Sous Sol - Blurred Strings
8. Newman (I Love) - When the Leaves Fall
9. Facundo Mohrr - After You
10. Djuma Soundsystem, Western - Kawahagi (Fake Mood Remix)
11. Spencer Brown, Qrion - Sapporo
12. Marsh, Wassu - Like You
13. Khen - Closing Doors
14. Dee Montero - Pangaea (Futura Dub)
15. Lazarusman, Tim Engelhardt - This Life
16. Spencer Brown, Qiron - Safeway Sushi
17. Donatello - Tears (Enamour Remix)
18. Yotto - Walls (Joris Voorn Mix)
19. Genius Of Time - Peace Bird
20. Fluida - Indian Kicks
21. Fluida - (I Am) Human

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 9, 2019

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I've been putting in some work in Toronto's D&B scene lately and a couple of the local dons are noticing it, which is definitely a good feeling. This Sunday we've got a special edition of Church, with Benny Page touching down at OneLoft alongside some of the most talented DJs in the city (and also me).

I couldn't sleep at all last night so, figuring I'd do something productive, I put together a short mix as promo for the show. This one is significantly less planned than my usual work, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering I only put together the tracklist like two hours ago.

Embers of Light & Schematic - Foolish For You
Random Movement, Dave Owen & Jaybee - Embers & Ashes
London Elektricity - Never Trust A Hippy
Cnof - Sincere Joy
Artificial Intelligence - Break My Soul (ft. Steo)
Smote - Made By Soul
Murdock - Lay Down (ft. Sunday Rose)
mSdoS & Subsid - Everyday In My Life
Marcus Tee & Skinley - Breaker
Random Movement - The Lost Walk (Who Was I?)
Bladerunner - All My Love
Horace Andy - Natural Mystic (Saxxon remix)
Data 3 - Nikola
Toronto Is Broken - Care For You
Skantia - UV Rays

Last Saturday we had Brockie & MC Det rock the house so I put together a promo mix for that too. I had more time to play around with track selection so this one not only has more tracks packed into a half-hour mix, the transitions are tighter and I was able to utilize more tunes from local producers like NC17, Hungry T, RMS and Schematic.

Schematic - Full Windsor
Changer - Blessing The Vibe
Treex - Fever
Hungry T - From Toronto With Love
The Vanguard Project - Is This Love (ft. Lucy Kitchen) (Dexcell remix)
Zombie Cats - Far From Us (ft. Sarah Pelicano)
Dub Elements - She Was A Robot
RMS & Konkreet - Gunshot
NC-17 & Nusense - Come Test
S.P.Y & Shadow Child - Rudeboy Step
Mako Come Down (Pusher Me)
Myth & NC-17 - Big Boy Sounds
Document One - Throwback
Edit - So True
Bredren - Get Physical
London Electricity - Empty Seat At The Table (ft. Whiney)
Four Points - This Rat
Fred V - Storm (ft. Rothwell)
Camo & Krooked - Heat Of The Moment (Bensley remix)
Misanthrop - Atlas

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Here's a little test mix I rolled up yesterday morning on like two hours of sleep (I really need to do something about that) and abruptly decided, since I'm trying to cut my teeth on videography, what better way to familiarize myself with my cameras and editing software than to take video?

I've got enough gear to shoot some high-quality 4K from at least two angles, but space is tight in my home studio and time is tight with my schedule, so this above test mix is just the Sony Action Cam on my head shooting in 1080p. I actually do have two 4K angles of the above mix I did for Brockie & MC Det, but I missed a setting on one of the cameras related to aspect ratio, so what I saw in the monitor is not actually what the recording looks like, it cropped out one of my decks. Looking at wall mounts etc. to get a better angle of the whole setup.

Tracklist:

Drumsound & Bassline Smith - I Need Somebody (Digital remix)
Whiney & Keeno - Spheres (Polaris remix)
IMANU & Audio - Mirage
Royalston - Hasselblad
PLTX - 808 Games
Makoto - Show Me How You Feel (ft. Lorna King)
Smote - Power Of Nature
Nelver - 2 Questions
Alix Perez - Over You
Monty - Intoxication
Kasra & Enei - Easing
Cnof - Hold You Forever
Villem & McLeod - Let It Breath (ft. Leo Wood)
Anile & DRS - Constant Reminder

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Brockie & Det mix video is now up and it's in better quality than the last one, with two camera angles. Still pretty amateur - I'm enjoying the learning experience that is this foray into videography, but I missed some things like (what must be) an aspect ratio setting on my recorder, which is why the leftmost deck is cropped out of the shot. I want to do cooler things with picture-in-picture as these go on, too.

Here it is.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Was my birthday yesterday, which of course means we couldn't have a party and see our friends, right?

WRONG.

We hosted a party over zoom and twitch. I did a 2 hour set. It was awesome, took a lot of prep work but once all the technical details were solve it was smooth. gently caress SARS-CoV-2, you won't dictate how we live.

Mix here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/salvation-live-on-wawona-stream-3312020/

quote:

1 The Great Escape - Volen Sentir
2 In Memoriam (Tim Green Remix) - Ben Bohmer
3 Lavender Bloom - Amonita
4 Woodland Oracle - Fulltone
5 Nazca - Jonas Rathsman
6 Persian Rug (Facundo Mohrr Remix) - Nebula (AR)
7 Mamba - Khen
8 The Biggest Heart - Roy Rosenfeld
9 As the Day Rises - Newman (I Love)
10 The Dream - DSF
11 Chaka - Sebjak, Fahlberg, Sebjak, Fahlberg
12 Shadows - Dee Montero, Newman (I Love)
13 Moon Walk - Shai T
14 Arpu - Eli Nissan
15 Written in the Language of Dreams - Newman (I Love)
16 Chakra - Dee Montero
17 Dashboard Angels - Greg Chin
18 Infinite Density - Nhii
19 Out Of A Dream - Khen
20 Orange (Matias Chilano Remix) - Simos Tagias, Golan Zocher
21 Back In Nefenro (Navar Remix) - Hermanez
22 Creme - Sebastien Leger, Roy Rosenfeld
23 The Cry of the Wind - Newman (I Love)

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
17 minutes of some old darkside/jungle tunes straight from vinyl to an overdubbed Barry White tape. Other 17 are not mine. Tracklist on SCloud. Last 30 on the first volume on the Lover's Club podcast also by me. Don't fret about the quality, worst tape I could find and no digital help at all. :)

https://soundcloud.com/nosexjusttalk/lovers-club-podcast-2-dj-ramos-liquid-finger-in-danger-dudes-vol-1

Bizzy B & Peshay - Itch It Up Mi Selector (Brain Records 1993)
Dee Jay Crystl - Meditation (Dee Jay Recordings 1993)
Joint Project - Dark In Da Jungle (Soapbar 1993)
Tango & Ratty - The Killer (Tango & Ratty 1993)
Scott & Keith - Deranged Part II (Reinforced 1993)
Tango & Dom - My Mind Is Going (Double Vision 1992)
Nookie - Shining In Da Darkness (Reinforced 1993)
Citadel of Kaos - Space Cakes (Boombastic Plastic 1992)
Ramos, Supreme & Sunset Regime - Crowd Control (Slipmatt Remix) (Hectic 1994)
Orca - 4AM (Lucky Spin 1993)

Keep it rollin'

Mike Cartwright fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 23, 2020

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Doing occasional streams on twitch, generally unplanned whenever I feel like it. I'm recording some of them and putting them here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/playlists/streams/

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

mitztronic posted:

Doing occasional streams on twitch, generally unplanned whenever I feel like it. I'm recording some of them and putting them here:

https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/playlists/streams/

Wanted to say thank you for these, been listening to them as you’ve dropped them over the last couple weeks!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This was crap, but we're learning!!!

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 13, 2020

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
EDIT: OK, this whole thing was a bit embarrassing but it was a good learning experience. I should have dug into the video switcher a bit more because the issue with this stream was that the inputs on the switcher were set (in the software, in a really hidden pane I wasn't seeing via CMD+, 'Preferences') to mic instead of line. YIKES. Rookie mistake! No amount of attenuation can unfuck that distortion. I'm gonna leave it up anyway because some of the mixes are actually OK and it's a good reminder that I'm a dummy. Will probably broadcast these in Mixcloud going forward. Additionally I'll definitely look into actually using OBS instead of straight-to-browser as that affords more video and audio options.

EDIT: Going again with some 140.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hd_uijsAt4

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 13, 2020

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Live with some more liquid D&B over on Mixcloud.

https://www.mixcloud.com/live/zed_operations/

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
https://soundcloud.com/rmtapes/m2m-test/

Spring rap tape, mostly old Memphis stuff.

all about the money
royal famlee - im a thug
mc hit - blue lights
nod - gently caress da world
guice - murder on they minds
gimi sum dungeon - i shot a man
kevinthecreep - fat stacks
gangsta boo - smoke one
gimi sum dungeon - north memphis nigga
lady j - its the 90s
shawty pimp - trapped inside
three 6 mafia - be a witness
2 nes - breakin bitches
psk 13 - headin for my trunk
dj cutlass - pass the weed

Might print up some physical tapes with this and another WIP mix in a months time. Was fun the last time

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Just ended a livestream, fresh off da press:

https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/mitztronic-on-wawona-stream-52920/

genre: house, deep house, melodic house, trance house hyrbid music

code:
1. Vehicle Cosmique - Gab Rhome
2. Sand Waves (Newman (I Love) Extended Remix) - Max & Nim
3. Lost In Mind (Volen Sentir Extended Vision) - Malou, Ben Bohmer
4. Lost Cosmonaut - Artfaq
5. Yang - Launa Fen
6. Dream Sonika - NuKreative
7. Night Whispers - Valdovinos
8. Epika - Guy Mantzur, Roy Rosenfeld
9. Inspiration (Richard Earnshaw's Inner Spirit Extended Mix) - Vince Watson, Quart
10. No Drama feat. Nadav Dagon - Roy Rosenfeld, Nadav Dagon
11. People, Be Nice (Eli Nissan Everlast Remix) - Luka Sambe
12. Red Sun (Subconscious Tales Remix) - Vitaly Shturm
13. Where Is Home - Guy Mantzur, Khen
14. The Cult (Enamour's Free Love Mix) - Rue
15. Artemis (Luciano Scheffer Remix) - Carla Cimino
16. Brachistochrone - Jiminy Hop
17. Understand (Gorge Remix) - Rony Seikaly
18. Rescue Me - Cid Inc.
19. Yini Feat. Toshi (Serge Devant Remix) - Fabio Aurea, Toshi
20. OSM (Lauhaus & Mario Franca Remix) - Sergio Parrado
21. Dope - Butch
22. Cascabel - Alejandro Mosso
23. Jala - K Loveski, Ewan Rill
24. Mina (BLOND:ISH Poolside Mix) - Oluhle, Kapibara, West & Hill

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
XPost from the D&B thread:

CHURCH X STAMINA are doing the six-hour coast-to-coast thing again today (every Sunday!) and yours truly is on opening duties. Some liquid vibes for your afternoon, starting at 4PM EST (1PM PST). Lock in!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Oh hey this is great!

I do (generally) biweekly mixes of underground Middle Eastern and sometimes South Asian electronic/synth/indie artists https://www.mixcloud.com/Cola_al_Karz/
I don't get a ton of listeners yet, but I've had a pretty great response and have been able to talk to musicians all over the world which is really a lot of fun.
Here's my latest mix that I just uploaded last weekend
https://www.mixcloud.com/Cola_al_Karz/iliktronik-vol-20-al-a3shroon/

Track list:
Bedouin Burger - Ya Man Hawa (Single 2020) 00:06
Ghost of Myself - In Qirmiz (Ethereal 2018) 2:52
Edyth - Cold Brew (Xian 2020) 9:35
[machine.condition] - Condition Monitor (BAD SECTOR 2020) 11:57
HajzLon - بِزر prod.Asifeh (Sesh 2013) 14:31
Fawzi - Ma6a6 مطاط (Single 2020) 16:50
Bab L’Bluz - Ila Mata (Nayda! 2020) 19:30
S H I R A N - Zehere (S H I R A N 2018) 23:40
Gast. - Elektrum (Entity EP 2020) 26:27
Hadi Zeidan - Sundays in Paris (Sketches LP 2020) 29:35
Scuba Girl - Geta Stomp (Pipeline [Kalibr+] 2020) 34:45
Gamrah - House of Motion (Single 2020) 37:15
MSRY - Acatalepsy (MIND RUINS EP 2020) 43:05
00970 - Under the Ground 00 (Asifeh Remix) (Under The Ground 2020) 50:50
Rageh - darwasha (Takasim 2020) 54:15
Dijit - Mahragan Elahzan (Hyperattention: Selected Digital Works Vol.1 2020) 56:40

Also, I've started doing live DJ streams where I play a lot of the music I've collected (along with other just general darkwave and whatever). I'm doing one tonight if people want to check it out!
https://twitch.tv/cherrycola330

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
New mix, put my livestreams on hold so I could focus on it. Glad to be able to finally put it up:

LINK: https://www.mixcloud.com/mitztronic/ebb-flow/
Genre: house

1. Somelee - Stoneheart
2. Erdi Irmak - Inborn
3. Marsh, Wassu - Like You (Extended Mix)
4. DJ Zombi, Shai T - High In The Sky (Extended Mix)
5. Vince Watson, Quart - Inspiration (Richard Earnshaw Remix)
6. Newman (I Love) - The Cry of the Wind
7. Tim Green - Light Eyes
8. Sebastien Leger - Forbidden Garden (Tim Green Remix)
9. Gab Rhome - Vehicle Cosmique
10. Max & Nim - Sand Waves (Newman (I Love) remix)
11. Shai T - Reflections
12. Volen Sentir - Kailas
13. Newman (I Love) - Kiss of the Seraph
14. Vitaly Shturm - Red Sun (Subconscious Tales Remix)
15. Khen - Out Of A Dream
16. Tim Green - Vacation to Life
17. Dee Montero, Newman (I Love) - Shadows
18. Roy Rosenfeld - The Biggest Heart
19. Malou, Ben Bohmer - Lost In Mind (Volen Sentir Extended Mix)
20. Rue - The Cult (Enamour's Free Love Mix)
21. Newman (I Love) - As the Day Rises
22. Dee Montero - Chakra
23. Eli Nissan - White Voodoo
24. Somelee - Placebo
25. Greg Chin - Dashboard Angels
26. Braxton - When The Sun Goes Down
27. Qrion - B4 Montreal

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Here’s a mix! Sorry if I’m bad!! I stream every other sunday, this is a live recording from 2 weeks ago. Video footage available on YouTube!

https://soundcloud.com/djpresentable/excellent-perfect-extremely-impressive-mix-which-cures-all-ailmentsrecorded-live

Track list:

1 Slide (Original Mix) Simkid
2 The Day (Alaia & Gallo Remix) Michelle Weeks, Bobby D'Ambrosio
3 Westbound (Original Mix) Inxec, Droog (LA)
4 Pressure feat. Anna Lunoe (Valentino Khan Remix) Anna Lunoe, RL Grime
5 Phonogene (Original Mix) Guido Cusani
6 myhappyplace (DJ Presentable quick edit) Audiofly
7 Things We Might Have Said (Original Mix) Cari Golden, Reinier Zonneveld
8 Something Wrong (Mauro Aguirre Remix) Rick Pier O'Neil
9 Ends (Original Mix) Jack Selecta
10 Thought Disposal (Original Mix) Client_03
11 Get Up (Guido Remix) Yolanda, Pinch
12 Fine As gently caress (Original Mix) Malou Morkeberg, CGRECO
13 What a Ting (L-Side Remix) Think Tonk
14 Turn Down The Lights (Benny Page VIP Mix) Benny Page
15 Don't Ask Why feat. Kyiki (Original Mix) Moon Boots, Kyiki
16 Koto CloZee
17 Koto (Lazy Syrup Orchestra X Waspy Remix) CloZee
18 A Fifth of Disco (Original Mix) DJ Mark Brickman
19 Oh So Disko (Original Mix) Disko Junkie
20 What's Your Name (Born Dirty Remix) Valentino Khan
21 Deep Down Low (LH4L Remix) Valentino Khan
22 Mad Ting feat. JME (Original Mix) Jme, Swindle
23 Ots (Original Mix) DJ Rashad, Manny, Taso, Spinn
24 BS6 (Original Mix) Sinistarr, Hyroglifics
25 Salimo (DJ Presentable 'Two Drops' Edit) Hector Couto
26 Rave Machine feat. Rowetta (Extended Mix) Rowetta, Oliver Heldens
27 Sweat (Original Mix) KE, ZDS
28 U Got 2 AC Slater
29 Big Ting Vibe - Extended Mix (Original Mix) SQWAD
30 Nova (Cassian Extended Mix) Yotto
31 Always (Futur-E Rmx) Fractal Architect
32 Ice Cream Sandwiches SkiiTour
33 Back to Life (Original Mix) Croatia Squad
34 Never Been In Love (Extended Mix) Makree, Secondcity
35 Fearless (Original Mix) Miss Melera
36 Buggin' (Dub) Hot Since 82
37 Alright (Original Mix) Mazai, Wild Dee
38 Just Be Good To Me (Original Mix) Earth n Days
39 X-Ray (Metrik Remix) Sub Focus
40 Diplodocus (Kill the Noise remix) Noisia
41 Broken Mirror (Metrik remix) Fleur & Cutline
42 Endorphins (Sub Focus vs Fred V & Grafix Remix) Sub Focus feat. Alex Clare
43 Here With Me (Original Mix) LSB
44 Now It's Time Mind Vortex
45 Again (Ft. Ace) Slynk & Stereocool

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 2, 2020

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
We do this every week. T - 34 minutes.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's bleak out there for DJ streaming/video recording.

Audio sets from last Sunday have been uploaded including mine. I'm quite happy with this set.

I did also record multi-angle video but YouTube is being a cock and three tunes are flagged; "video cannot be seen or monetized." I knew this was going to happen but I'm still very frustrated. This never used to be an issue, as a matter of fact even some of my older audio-only uploads triggered the same claim, but they're still publicly viewable, and I have no idea why that happened. I'm trying the phase-cancellation 'mute' option for one of the flagged tunes, but it's taking its sweet time. Are these at all worth disputing? I understand 'fair use' doesn't really cover DJ mixes, which is pretty dumb if you ask me.

What are our other options? Chew.TV is dead as a DJ platform... I have to wait a week to upload to FB (I got zucked for 'bullying' some racists), and Mixcloud doesn't (yet) accept video uploads. I'm really happy with how this set and my streaming setup have turned out, but they're just dead in the water right now.

EDIT: OK now I'm super confused. Can you guys see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5itrVwHwM

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 3, 2020

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

EDIT: OK now I'm super confused. Can you guys see this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5itrVwHwM

Yep! nice set-up with cameras and all that

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Virgil Vox posted:

Yep! nice set-up with cameras and all that

Thanks!

Yeah apparently there is a muted section of the video for a couple of minutes starting at 14:43. I shouldn't have panicked and agreed to 'Mute Song' under the 'Select Action' tab when I saw "Video cannot be seen or monetized" next to that tune... You live, you learn. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts if I'd done nothing, the tune would never have muted.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Oh nice, TIL this thread exists. Feels kinda weird to listen to a bunch of disco and house while we rapidly approach a terrifying singularity outside, but oh well.

I've never been to Burning Man, but got jumped into a camp anyway a few years ago. A few of the folks in the group are legit sound engineers who design systems for clubs and events and such; every September for the last couple of years, we would rent out a spot up in Northern California and all take turns playing on this obscenely sick setup. Ordinarily around this time, I'd be cutting this set down to the hour or so that I usually get, but this year I figured I'd just ship the whole thing, so here's 3.5 hours of spacy, incremental disco and such.

https://www.mixcloud.com/jamescobo/several-songs/

1. Karma vs Blaze, High Priestess vs. To My Beat (acapella)
2. Todd Terje, Strandbar (samba mix)
3. Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom, Rise (DFA remix)
4. Cotonete & Dimitri From Paris, Parribean Disco
5. Richie Havens, Going Back To My Roots (AC edit)
6. Idjut Boys, Girth Soup
7. Runaway, Brooklyn Club Jam (Brennan Green version)
8. Alexander Robotnick, The Dark Side Of The Spoon (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas mix)
9. DJ Food, Peace (Harvey's Persuasion remix)
10. Doves, Jetstream (Lindstrom remix)
11. Donny Hathaway, The Ghetto (Dimitri From Paris Inna Disco mix)
12. Victor Bach, Living In Harmony (Justin Van Der Volgen edit)
13. Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, Tirsdagsjam (lang versjon)
14. Tussle, Night of the Hunter (Prins Thomas remix)
15. Torske, Jeg Vil Vaere Soppelmann (Erot's WOW! edit)
16. Dondolo, Dragon (poo poo Robot Fire Breathing remix)
17. Lighthouse Family, High (Francois K vocal mix)
18. James Holden, A Break In The Clouds (main mix)
19. Quim Manuel O Espiritu Santo, Senhor Doutor (Adam Port edit)
20. Bosq, A.S.
21. The Comet Is Coming, Final Eclipse
22. Syclops, The Fly
23. Radiohead, Everything In Its Right Place (Joe Claussell edit)
24. Daft Punk, Digital Love (Boris Dlugosch edit)
25. Scott Allen, I Think We're Alone Now/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow edit
26. The Juan Maclean, Happy House
27. Northend, Kind Of Life (Masters At Work remix)
28. Quincy Jones, Stuff Like That (Danny Krivit Mr. K edit)
29. Mark Seven, A Lesson In Love
30. Todd Terje & the Olsens, La Fete Sauvage
31. Seaside Lovers, Lovers Paradise
32. Bob Dylan, Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Animal Collective remix)

trdn89 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 6, 2020

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Here's my latest mix of underground electronic and indie artists from all over South Asia!

https://www.mixcloud.com/Cola_al_Karz/iliktronik-vol-22-be-my-mumbae/

Charanjit Singh - Raga Bairagi (Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat 1982) 0:00
Skyline (Anton Borin Remix) - Disto & ALPHA21 (Single 2020) 06:57
Saarim Zaman x Samanza Hussain - Excess Baggage (Melankoli) 2014 14:17
Heft - Shimmer (Solicit 2019) 17:25
_RHL - Aye Mere Mere (FRNDS & FMLY ‘20) 20:38
Zubin Aroz - Fearless Surfer 25:55
Aniruddh Menon - Pearly 28:47
YNZN.P - Dirty Swing Thing (how about that 2020) 31:10
After Art - Somatic (Psycho-geography | Expressions 2020) 34:25
Nucleya - Mirza ft. Raftaar and Rashmeet Kaur (TOTO MYNA 2019) 36:53
Salty Prawn - Fallen Villain (Chips and Burps LP 2018) 43:03
Talal Qureshi - Constant Summer ft. Natasha Noorani (Single 2020) 46:24
Sarathy Korwar - Mumbay ft MC Mawali (More Arriving 2019) 50:10
Bandish Projekt - Gol Gol (ft MC Mawali, Maharyua, Tod Fod & 100RBH) (Sound of Resistance Vol. 1 2020) 55:30
Sid Vashi - Birds 58:35
Headline - Take it Easy (Single 2020) 01:05:48

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!
I’ve run a new wave/modern synthpop channel on Mixcloud for a couple of years : https://www.mixcloud.com/synthpopisdead - I used to do 3 sets a month but now release a bit more infrequently. Enjoy!

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
another one:

https://www.mixcloud.com/jamescobo/additional-musics/

1. Eddie Hooper, Pass It On
2. Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, Mighty Girl
3. Edgar Winter, Above & Beyond (instrumental)
4. The Limit, She's So Divine (Ben Liebrand long version)
5. Northend, Tee's Happy (Tee Scott club mix)
6. Willie Hutch, Brothers Gonna Work It Out (Victor Rosado version)
7. Peter Gordon and the Love of Life Orchestra, Still You
8. Stevie Wonder & Roberta Flack, Don't Make Me Wait Too Long (The Reflex revision)
9. LCD Soundsystem, Track 2
10. Black Dice, Smiling Off (DFA remix)
11. Todd Terje, Snooze4Love
12. King Size Slim, No Fade Away (Psychemagik Line Dancing mix)
13. Double, Woman of the World (Tangoterje mix)
14. Simple Symmetry, Incredible Adventures in Khazar Khaganate
15. The Fiery Furnaces, Benton Harbor Blues
16. INXS, Don't Change

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got back on ultrawizardsword

the full mix - 2.5ish of dnb, coming from vintage good looking through ten minutes of ghost in the shell remixes on to to big bangers and then 30 mins of kpop at the end (yep):

http://ultrawizardsword.net/s/denver-to-seoul-with-love/

just the kpop bit at the end: http://www.kc4ylv.online/jonny-290-UWS-mix-2020-kpop-only.mp3

* commix - japanese electronics - insta mental mix
* sub - tensions
* big bud - changes feat. drs
* blu mar ten - santur
* blame - forest of pagodas
* big bud - high times :420:
* ASC - stardust
* big bud - emotionography
* high contrast - music is everything
* loxy + resound - league of shadows
* CJ weaver - meltdown
* loxy + isotone - Ancients
* fanu - about life and death
* paradox - legacy
* enei w georgia yates - runnin
* greg packer - sound kriminal
* dramatic + dbaudio - life console
* dub phizix - breathe
* enei feat drs - the moment
* makai - behind the mask - ill skillz remix
* frankee - black heart
* black sun empire - smoke
* amit - i'll hunt you
* dom + roland - soundwall VIP
* konflict - messiah
* nu:tone - coming back
* makoto - tower of love
—------
* Red Velvet - Really Bad Boy
* CLC - Me
* everglow - bon bon chocolat
* a-jax - insane
* everglow - adios
* exid - DDD
* itzy - wannabe
* momoland - thumbs up
* blackpink - boombayah
* blackpink - kill this love

and that's that

for those of you (everybody) that dont know me, ive been mixing for 23 years, dnb is my first and only love, but i like to branch out and wreck a party now and then. mixed on a serato s2 + x1 setup, no sync

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 12, 2020

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I was on the CHURCH X STAMINA stream again last Sunday. I always start with some liquid D&B but this time I made an effort to move to heavier stuff sooner in the set, as I worry people get bored of the smooth stuff and think that's all I spin. Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tN-OvJzPsg

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

I listened to this over the weekend and really enjoyed the selection. Can't say I've listened to much (any) kpop before but I was vibing

I finally upgraded to the latest Traktor and dropped a set of some things I've been listening to recently to give it a test drive

https://www.mixcloud.com/nullfunction/2020-08-16-live/

code:
Tehbis - 1988
Aslamin - Yuta (BSN Posse Remix)
B-JU - Dualities
Sideswipe - Over Now (BSN Posse Remix)
Nightriders - Get Hooked (Big Dope P Remix)
Dave Owen & Root For The Villain - War Dance
Luke Vibert - Big L
Dev/Null & Tim Reaper - TDD
Pete Cannon - Get Lively
Pete Cannon - Wicked and Ruff
Luke Vibert - Bad Boy Acid
Unknown Artist - Mashup (Amen Edit)
FFF - The Dance

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Streaming on twitch for the next couple of hours. Will generally be playing house, disco, techno, etc. I stream a few times a week(or sometimes none, if my brain is sad :v:) and have lately been dipping into more footwork, dnb, and breaks, so feel free to follow if any of that sounds like your jam. No video because my only webcam is on my laptop and I'm using an older desktop for the streaming itself

https://twitch.tv/drudgemetal

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

skull mask mcgee posted:

Will generally be playing house, disco, techno, etc..have lately been dipping into more footwork, dnb, and breaks

I thought I was the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Hiiii! I did an August bonus mix and I’m pretty pleased with it. My mixes almost always have some sort of multi-genre flow. This one has some electro industrial, darkwave, synth pop, local hip hop and sludgy grindcore. It works, I promise.

https://www.mixcloud.com/Cola_al_Ka...-recalibration/

Track list:

Menschdefekt - Empty World 0:00
Echoberyl - Aliens 4:47
Vestron Vulture - Prom Queen ‘07 8:26
Sierra - A Cold Night 11:22
Empathy Test - Bare My Soul 14:47
LINGUA IGNOTA - WICKED GAME 19:00
Miike Snow - Cult Logic 22:15
Chat Pile - Mask 26:00
They Hate Change - Screwface 30:00
Tonebox - Pulsar Blast 32:50