Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
should i live in ottawa?

I need to move but I got a job for an east coast company so now I'm thinking ottawa instead of edmonton.

is ottawa nice? where are the nice neighbourhoods in ottawa that I should live in

where in ottawa has a low cost of living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Their hockey team sucks balls

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
well for starters its in Canada OP

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Bring water wings

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

better start learning French if you're going to live in Not-France Canada. start every conversation with a hearty "tabarnak! ca va?" and people will probably be pretty receptive.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There is air, water, and soil. If you breathe the air it sustains you, similarily water intake will also sustain you.

Much like any other place, you also eat food. You live someplace and go to work and make money.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's The City That Fun Forgot, OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

All the excitement of Winnipeg, but with the quick drive time to Cornwall you've been dreaming of, OP!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Where are you currently OP

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It stinks! Most boring city in the world.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There is air, water, and soil. If you breathe the air it sustains you, similarily water intake will also sustain you.

Much like any other place, you also eat food. You live someplace and go to work and make money.

Go into the water. Live there. Die there.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Ottawa was awesome when I went for a weekend but I also lived in London briefly so maybe my perspective is warped.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Its really otta the "way"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
really big skating rink i think

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Start building climate bunkers to swindle middle-age Millennials looking for "good" real estate in 20 years.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Whats wrong with ottawa why shouldn't I live there. im young dumb and full of cum. please help me make my next bad decision

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's better than Edmonton, but like every Canadian city except Montreal, it's terrible.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just don't come to Toronto. Rent sucks, public transit sucks, etc.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just don't come to Toronto. Rent sucks, public transit sucks, etc.

Toronto is the worst city on planet earth.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I heard it's like New York but without the stuff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
A hope a meteor lands on it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk about the worst but we are in top 10 no doubt.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I live in Ottawa. Please don't move into one of the way too many 'luxury apartments' that were once options for lower income people before their tenants were forcefully evicted.

There are a lot of shawarma shops.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I live in Ottawa. Please don't move into one of the way too many 'luxury apartments' that were once options for lower income people before their tenants were forcefully evicted.

There are a lot of shawarma shops.

Where should I live. I don't want luxury but maybe 1200 a month nice. can be way out in the middle on nowhere since I work from home (retard masturbator)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

well for starters its in Canada OP
i can corroborate this

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

Methanar posted:

should i live in ottawa?

I need to move but I got a job for an east coast company so now I'm thinking ottawa instead of edmonton.

is ottawa nice? where are the nice neighbourhoods in ottawa that I should live in

where in ottawa has a low cost of living

Watch out for tornados and boring public servants

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Go into the water. Live there. Die there.

I forgot to mention that Ottawa also has death.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Considering I'm struggling to find work here I wouldn't recommend it but I'm a sadbrains rear end in a top hat.

The market is nice just don't go toward King Edward or Rideau if you don't want to get shanked by a fentanyl addict.

They also changed the hours at the 24hr McDonald's because the police got called out there an average of 2.5 times a day. Someone also threw a live raccoon in there once.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So it's pretty much florida

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Do they have Poutine Helper?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Arcsquad12 posted:

They also changed the hours at the 24hr McDonald's because the police got called out there an average of 2.5 times a day. Someone also threw a live raccoon in there once.

I've thrown up there upwards of one times.

rear end in a top hat friend would just throw my drunk rear end on a bus and toss my order out in the trash because he thought i wouldnt want it piece of poo poo.

gently caress you if youre reading this, JON

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I've thrown up there upwards of one times.

rear end in a top hat friend would just throw my drunk rear end on a bus and toss my order out in the trash because he thought i wouldnt want it piece of poo poo.

gently caress you if youre reading this, JON

That doesn't make sense.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That doesn't make sense.

The fact he'd throw my order out instead of eating it or the entire post?

That particular McDonalds is or was infamous. It also had a bus stop right outside of it. It's a place you go to puke after drinking too much. I've puked there more than once. Jon, being a piece of poo poo threw out my nuggets, fries and mcdouble because he thought I wouldnt be well enough to want it, the maniac.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The fact he'd throw my order out instead of eating it or the entire post?

That particular McDonalds is or was infamous. It also had a bus stop right outside of it. It's a place you go to puke after drinking too much. I've puked there more than once. Jon, being a piece of poo poo threw out my nuggets, fries and mcdouble because he thought I wouldnt be well enough to want it, the maniac.

Throwing out the order.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Move to Winnipeg. I know nothing about it but at least Jose will post in your thread.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Weka posted:

Move to Winnipeg.

this is basically telling me to kill myself

mods

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Methanar posted:

this is basically telling me to kill myself

mods

I'm sorry bud I don't even know where it is. Maybe move to a wendigo colony?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ottawa has tornadoes now but still has St-Hubert so it balances out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Weka posted:

I'm sorry bud I don't even know where it is. Maybe move to a wendigo colony?

you already said Winnipeg

Ottawa is great if you're there less than a week and not in the winter