Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

screamin and creamin posted:

Come to think of it, it's also not clear why they're sending the handmaids shopping when it's clearly a Martha's task. Probably as an excuse for them to talk to each other while being watched by a million guards.

Been ages since I read the book, but I think it's so they get some gentile exercise and fresh air each day which is thought to be good for fertility/pregnancy by Gilead's decision makers. I think Aunt Lydia says something along these lines in an early episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:
I really loved this episode, best in a long time. Zoom wasn't product placement, it was a joke. I thought it was hilarious that Serena was wanting to embrace new technology while also planning to spread their Gilead religious propaganda which denounces modern tech. It tied in nicely with Fred's hypocrisy of demanding then begging for his rights, the point of which was even spelt out with "you helped write those laws".