Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Okay, I am sticking with the show so far and I'm more positive on it than much of this thread, but Jesus this last episode has gone way too loving far with the plot armor. And with the pattern of June acting irrationally, other people suffering the consequences, and her not learning a single goddamn thing. It would've been a better show if she had gone to Canada, because it would have been free of the conceit of having to keep her alive and doing acts of resistance while Gilead puts up with it because ???

I don't care about consistency in terms of "how does Gilead's economy function" etc because who cares, but in a dystopian story I do care about the consistency of "you're in a totalitarian system, you act up, you get punished". And it works for everyone except the main character for no real reason.

Edit: also I thought we were going to find out more about Nick, but nope, so the question still stands of how the hell did he get promoted instead of killed what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU