Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This show is just getting worse and worse and that's a shame because it had so much promise. Nothing anyone does makes any sense. The plot of the season seems to be to have June stick out like a sore thumb in every scene and do a bunch of poo poo that would have her hauled off by the Eyes except they can't because apparently standing behind the Waterfords on video like she's about to be executed by ISIS is crucial to their diplomatic efforts. I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At the end of season 2 I was worried they'd go full Mockingjay and have to use a bunch of plot armor so they could show one woman magically toppling an entire society, but instead they used it all so June could go wherever she wants in other commander's houses and stand ten feet away from her fellow Handmaids while glaring at everyone.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PostNouveau posted:

Full Mockingjay/Spartacus would have been way better

Than what we actually got? Absolutely. But I would have preferred a small, sad story about June getting a small personal victory against society at great cost.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm having a real hard time suspending disbelief that they wouldn't have two armed guardians at the entrance of that room 24/7, considering babies and handmaids are their most valuable currency and June has to be the most infamous security liability in town by now.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Countdown until CIA guy seduces Serena.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And she ends up pregnant

oooo, good call.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

for military guys these guys all really suck rear end at fighting.

Yeah, none of these guys were real soldiers. lol, Nick is like some sort of super famous war hero and the best he could get was being super upper echelon dude's personal spy and a job driving for a mid level ex-marketing exec. He couldn't even get promoted to commander or his own wife until he had leverage. Gilead doesn't give two shits about the people actually fighting for them.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Unless June made sure the kids she's saving have a biological parent in Canada, they're all gonna end up back in Gilead anyway.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And Lawrence obviously knows June let his wife die.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I assume she really has no idea how to shoot or else why the gently caress didn't she just return fire instead of throwing rocks or running away and getting shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So did the bartender ever get paid? Doesn't look like June was hauling a priceless art collection with her.