Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm interested to see where they go with trying to get Nicole back to Canada. I'm hoping they explore more of the relations between Gilead and Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Well and also they need women who can give birth.

Edit: Which your literally said. But it's pretty much the only thing keeping her alive.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I definitely think the characters have become far too casual with one another compared to the first season but I'm still into it.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I think this season Nicole will be returned to Gilead then the only possible way out for June is to take down the whole society which will be season 4.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

More Kate Bush montages please

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'd say the first 2 episodes are eventful

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yeah it's nice to have a good ending at the right time.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

some kind of bug posted:

calling it right now that in the next episode June will find another reason to not take her free ticket to Canada just like every single other time before. She’ll probably say she has to find Janine this time, would love to be wrong on this but I’m sure I’m not

The original reason still applies

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It's kind of surprising that the Chicago people don't know who June is. Her adventures do seem like they are international news.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Yikes

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Dolphin posted:

Am I the only one who interpreted that Luke was apprehensive because he was unsure of her readiness to engage in sex? They already alluded to that earlier with the kissing scene.

I feel like everyone screaming "sexual assault" have never actually been in an abusive relationship because that's not how it works. The reason men are so rarely victims of sexual assault by women is because most men can easily defend themselves against it barring drugs, alcohol, or emotional abuse.

Like if I was Luke and wasn't into it I would have been like nah, you're off me now, chill out. June is obviously extremely hosed up but I don't see this putting her in sexual abuser territory unless there's some June hyperstrength super power plot they haven't revealed yet.

He said wait multiple times and she covered his mouth and held his arm down. Yes he could have overpowered her probably but he also knows she's in a fragile physical state so he wasn't ready to fight back like that. It was rape.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They were working on normalizing relations until the mayday flight and Waterford arrest

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Commanders giving up their fertile "daughters" into sex slavery?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Luke was told that Nicole was "conceived in love" in a letter June got out of Gilead if I remember correctly.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The released people were specifically captured American insurgents, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It would be nice if they showed a political side to Canada's turn outside of the protestors. Like a Gilead friendly/anti-refugee leader widespread gaining support.