Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Kyyrewyyoae posted:

This seems like the kind of thing this thread would be interested in:

Margaret Atwood: Live in Cinemas

I didn't realize Atwood's sequel was coming out so soon. It's set 15 years after the first book, but I wonder if any of what's in S2 and S3 of the series will be referenced.

She's also doing some live events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

I know June has thick plot armor and all, but holy poo poo jumping into a tank car of unknown contents is straight up suicidal. Like what if it was full of ethanol or some poo poo and they just sank like rocks

That entire scene was painfully stupid. They ran right past a flatbed that holding a covered truck but instead of hiding there they jump into an unknown, sealed liquid tank car. Which had lights/viewholes inside for some reason? For me that's the lowpoint of the entire series.

How many more stupid meandering seasons are we going to get before the end? Who knows

quote:

Hulus Emmy-winning drama just released its fourth season and has already been renewed for a fifth. Beyond that, the shows future looks bright and ripe for storytelling to showrunner Bruce Miller.

I certainly dont [have a number of seasons in mind], Miller told The Hollywood Reporter ahead of season four (which released its first three episodes hours early on Tuesday). I always thought I did and that, I think, is a pandemic change. I thought I had a beginning, a middle and an end and I still feel like I very much have an end its just that Im finding more interesting paths along the way and more interesting things to do as we move towards more fascinating parts of the story.

:sigh:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

This episode was completely pointless. It told us nothing we didnt already know and had no reason to exist. Pretty good to see June get bitched out for being a jackass, though.

I mean other than June escaping to Canada I guess

Honestly I'd be satisfied if that was the series finale. Or at least the end of June's arc so we can focus on far more interesting characters.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
What the hell was the point of the Janine/Aunt Lydia/crazy teen subplot? Was it even referenced in the finale?