Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

screamin and creamin posted:

Even though I think it'd be overly obvious, I still hope we end up seeing high commander Winslow with curtain rings through his lips at some point.

And he's pregnant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

Eleanor almost leaked the plans for the Great Kid Heist and I guess June was afraid she was a security risk. But I think the real reason is the writers wanted a Breaking Bad moment and, well, Walt letting Jane die from drug abuse was pretty dramatic, wasn't it?

I'm assuming "Breaking Bad moment" in the sense of "when we determine for certain that the protagonist has crossed the line and become an unrepentant murderer" because really, smiling while listening to the terrified screams as the rest of the house finds her dead? What possible conclusion are we supposed to draw from that sequence other than June has discovered that she likes having the power of life and death over people and lusts for more human misery.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 8, 2019

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Bradley Cooper is in this show now?

No, he's talking about Sharlto Copley

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I read that the sequel book The Testaments was written with this show in mind and the producers are going to incorporate it into the series. That gets a big WTF from me because so far only the slightest bit of moral ambiguity we've gotten from Aunt Lydia is her occasionally protecting the handmaids from the harshest punishments, but it's always cloaked in the sanctimonious dogma of Gilead without a bare hint of her feeling otherwise. She hasn't once come off as less than a clear-eyed true believer, it's gonna take a helluva retcon to get anywhere close to Lydia being one of the main resistance moles who eventually becomes instrumental in bringing down Gilead.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

some kind of bug posted:

But I don’t blame you, this show is just barely good enough to keep me watching. Also it wasn’t supposed to be but the outrunning the train scene from a few episodes ago was really funny

It was a comedy of errors, for sure.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SirPablo posted:

At this point I'm rooting for June to die.

She's was such a domineering rear end to Janine this whole ep, I wondered if they're intentionally playing her as a short-sighted control freak or just that everyone who defies here suffers the wrath of her (self-)righteousness.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SirPablo posted:

carpet bomb her

Might've worked in this very episode if they hadn't had the dramatic rock-throwing payloads installed. A drive-by with a sack full of grenades would've been more lethal than that bombing run, lol one went off ten feet in front of her and she fell down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

While reading the thread, partway down the page I thought that June had somehow gotten access to Fred or Serena and raped one of them. Which really would have made much more sense and even been somewhat understandable, as far as these things go. this loving show ugghhhh

e: this episode felt three hours long

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 2, 2021