Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I mean, I think that after June flipped out on her, she would have gotten the point. She was unstable, but not completely gone. Lawrence could have had an additional word with her too.

Like, I know it kind of reeks of "well if I was a writer I would have made her do this" and it wouldn't make for good TV, but a sit-down conversation between the 3 of them bottom-lining "this is extremely dangerous and the slightest mention will get us all executed" would have done the trick.

Alternatively, Lawrence making an excuse to everyone that she's sick and can't see company; wouldn't be that tough since all the other wives seem to know that she's not well.

This reads as if you've never experienced what it is like to try and reason with an actual crazy person off their meds. If reasoning could do it she wouldn't have almost gave it away in the first place. I mean I am not trying to justify June's actions at all, but "they could have just reasoned with her" is incredibly naive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I appreciate the sentiment but "an actual crazy person off their meds"would lead me to assume that you, also, have no experience with mental illness, so let's go with the old standby about assuming things about strangers ;)

Ah yes, the 'ol " you didn't use the politically correct term so your argument is invalid" defense.

Substitute "mentally ill person off their meds" for "crazy person off their meds" and then tell me why I'm wrong you pedant.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

BattyKiara posted:

I want to see what Gilead does to the widow of the commander who died at Jezebels. How long will they leave her alone? No way Gilead will allow a single mum, no matter previous status. So children split up and adopted by new commanders? Widow becomes an Aunt? Or is placed with a family for safe keeping?

Probably similar to the dothraki. Commander's widows are placed in some kind of group home setting that meets their basic needs but quietly removes them from their prior social circles. "Honored" but out of the way.