Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

rope kid posted:

Preparing for any 2nd Ed. fight when you're higher than 8th level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518&t=32s
Whelp! Guess I needed a bad īnam flashback to when I played an Eldritch Knight in NWN2..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Oh my god, I love vampires most when they still retain their critical weaknesses to running water and compulsion to count rice grains and stuff. Honestly, without those two classics weaknesses, they're basically nocturnal superheroes with no downsides. Never seeing the sun again is another blessing, not an appropriate downside to being a super strength immortal.
I always had a soft spot for the old "Need to be invited into an inhabited home" weakness for Vampires.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Khanstant posted:

call me hosed up but i really like inventory systems that force you to play tetris space management, bring on the grains!!

Didn't one or some of the Ultima games have just loose bags that you'd open and items were just kind of sprinkled as tiny icons arbitrarily inside?
Several of them, in fact. You could also have backpacks inside backpacks, chests, jars and boxes.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If you like blasty wizards, play Vermintide 2 and main Sienna. She might like fire a little too much
Basically how I tend to approach playing a Wizard in every kind of game genre.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Did Divinity 2 have any large city areas or was it all smaller hamlets and stuff like that? Iīm simply curious since I wonder how Larian are going to model (or parts of) Baldurīs Gate without the engine taking a huge poo poo on itself, since it seems pretty busy already with the current areas.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Hellbore posted:

Reminder that Larian took the most chosen options for character creation and ended up with a white, brunette, male human fighter and were actively disappointed.
Change brunette to blonde and you have me.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, I've been pretty much on a media blackout for this game and I was just wondering if the developers have mentioned if they are going to take the upcoming acts to more urban areas and how densely populated they will be?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Ancients is basically “Be Excellent to Each Other” and something I’ve always enjoyed about 5e paladins.
Yeah, it really is. Itīs basically what being a Quest for Glory Paladin was. Hell, it might even be the thing that actually makes me want to play as a DnD Paladin for the first time.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

12 is a good point for heroic sorts of D&D adventures while still having a good spread of potential dangers to threaten you. A group of level 20s can punch out gods and, while funny, I honestly kind of like that they are willing to cut it off and keep the scope fairly focused on the early to mid level shenanigans.
Yeah, I never really enjoyed the high to Epic levels in DnD as most campaigns just felt that they devolved into rocket tag. Add to the fact that the stakes tend to get so ridiculously high that I have a hard time to connect to that kind of plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

McCloud posted:

Overall I think the change from "Powers derived from faith in their God" to "Powered by the conviction of their oaths" is a great one because it really opens up the class and allows for more flavor, and that's never a bad thing. It also helps prevent them from being the boring stick in the mud lawful good fuddy duddys that kill everyones mood.
Yeah, I agree. I vastly prefer these kind of Paladins compared to be forced to shackle yourself to a God and church.