Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
This is going to suck rear end. The fact that they won't even say what the game will play like says a lot. Divinity Original Sin 2 felt like a cheap cRPG knock off and I think this will too.

Marzipan Pig posted:

I played Baldur's Gate 2 and the PS2 BG games to death when I was kid. I haven't had much fun in modern crpgs but against my better judgement I am going to get excited about this.

Now THIS would be awesome. The snowblind PS2 games were so drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Woozy posted:

It's really boring and all the games systems are either vestigial or working at cross purposes. The level-based progression is this insane pressure washer that rubs out every decision the player could make at the level of skills, talents, attributes, and itemization so you end up with a tactical turn-based combat system that has all the drawbacks but none of the upsides. It's effectively a JRPG but even slower and more tedious.

I agree with all this and that is the reason why I am worried about BG3. It got to the point where I was wondering why Divinity was even turn based at all. The only chance I see of the gameplay being good is if they stick as close as possible to the actual D&D ruleset and keep their in-house customization to a minimum.