Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Are touch spells worth using in BG? What would be the best class to make use of them? I was leaning on fighter/mage, but then why would I use touch spells when I'm in the range to whack enemies with a weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Sten was the best because you got his approval by confronting him and standing up for yourself instead of agreeing with everything he says.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
What about Dark Sun? Give me cannibal halflings.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I stopped using Minsc the moment he went berserk and killed the party.

That happened after like two fights with him.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

change my name posted:

Remember how Larian originally said only a tiny portion of Baldur's Gate proper was going to be explorable? Looks like that went out the window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE88MGizUqg

It's nice to see Fort Joy again.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
The day has come for Tiax to point and click!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I wyll play as

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Centusin posted:

I regret saving Halsin just because he is a bigger creep than Gale

I freed him and didn't accept his offer to kill goblin kids so he went hostile. :shrug:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I want to remind everyone that when druids ask you to kill the three leaders that is literally all you have to do to stop the raid from launching. You can leave the others alone. 2 of them can be assassinated without turning anyone hostile for sure. I'm not sure if the hobgoblin can be eliminated discreetly.

When that's done you don't have to kill the entire camp! No one asked you to do that! Just fast travel back to the grove. This game doesn't require you to be at a portal to initiate fast travel, you can do it from anywhere.

He goes "now help me kill them all" as soon as he's freed. In the Worg Pens with goblin kids right besides him.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
My good friend Minthara is the funniest person I know.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Is Knowledge of the Ages: Wisdom from the cleric Knowledge domain broken? It doesn't seem to give you the required profs.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Slashrat posted:

It is. It gives a mix of Wis- and Int-based proficiencies instead of all of the Wis-based ones. I reported it 1˝, but it's apparently not something that has made it into any patches yet

Bummer. I was planning on making a rock gnome knowledge cleric rogue to have all the proficiencies.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

BlazetheInferno posted:

No because my continued existence doesn't inflict psychic damage and cause them to have disadvantage on their next attack.

Baldur's Gate 3: My continued existence doesn't inflict psychic damage

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I need Lump the Enlightened as a full companion.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

But the dialogue!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
They still haven't fixed the Knowledge of the Ages wisdom bug, smdh.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

RatHat posted:

^^^ What bug is that?

Knowledge of the Ages: Wisdom doesn't give you proficiency in all wisdom skills like it should. Instead, it gives you proficiency in intellect skills and something random like Animal Handling.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
How can I make the most out of Vicious Mockery? I'd like to build entirely around it.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Aye Doc posted:

I remember someone using
-Helmet of Arcane Acuity to gain Arcane Acuity on weapon attack
-Ring of Arcane Synergy to gain Arcane Synergy on cantrip
-Band of the Mystic Scoundrel to allow you to cast Vicious Mockery as a bonus action

so that you're alternately bashing someone in the face and telling them they're the sovereign of poo poo, but it doesn't all come together until you get to a3 for the Mystic Scoundrel

exquisite tea posted:

Also get the robes from Alfira in Act 2 that doubles the proficiency bonus on your CHA cantrips. That requires you to plan ahead and save the Tieflings.

:hmmyes: Sounds good. Shame that it must wait until Act 3, though.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Black Noise posted:

When you click on the ranged attack icon on PC you should see your action bar fill with options like oils, poisons, and special arrows.

Immersion broken :argh:

Does magical ambush work with scrolls?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Black Noise posted:

Only if you personally know the spell. So if you are AT 9 / Wizard 3 then you can scribe level 4 spells and apply magical ambush with those scrolls. AT 10 / Wizard 2 gives you level 3 slots so you can magical ambush with spells like slow, fear, and upcasted hold person. AT 12 gives you more feats and another sneak attack die but you’re limited to level 2 spells.

Neat, thanks. AT9/Wizard3 sounds nifty.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
That's just Keldorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Just give the Dungeon Delver feat to everyone and run over traps.