Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

babypolis posted:

sadly apparently PoE2 did very poorly and a sequel seems unlikely

they're making a scrollslike game using the setting tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I havent played a d&d game in a while, how does thac0 work now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Not sure if this is a bug or just a mechanic I'm not understanding - sometimes ranged attacks just fail with no miss message. Is terrain eating them?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SettingSun posted:

Magic missile doesn't roll to hit.

so why did it fail!!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nelson Mandingo posted:

To follow up on SettingSun, Magic Missile doesn't miss so there is no roll. It's low damage each individual hit but 100% completely reliable and controllable damage is it's selling point.

Right, this is my dilemma - the spell that is 100% completely reliable has failed with no indication as to why. I'm assuming it is indeed terrain, but thats weird

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Black Griffon posted:

Well, Astarion tried to drink my blood at night so I killed him. (act 1)

Now I feel sad.

I like how afterward everyone goes and has a nice sleep for the rest of the night with his corpse right there

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SettingSun posted:

I *think* I ran into my first order of events mishap. (Act 2):

Ran into Arabella in the cursed lands again and she has sick Druid powers that she says she got from the idol she stole. When did she do that? Last I talked to her I saved her from Kagha and her evil snake like at the start of the game.

The refugee kids are the buggiest thing I've encountered so far I found Mol's hideout before saving the one kid from the harpies, Mol warned me to leave but all the "warnings" fired at once and he instantly got pissed at me, then half the kids stopped talking to me and Mattis is still stuck in his spot and impossible to interact with despite all the other tieflings moving on. I also had to cast Sleep on the kid I saved from the harpies in order to rescue him, he was impossible to speak to otherwise

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

This is why I’m hoping the game doesn’t count her dead after a KO and stealing all her stuff.

are there cases where a KO'd character shows up again later where a dead one wouldn't? So far I haven't found any

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lemon posted:

So I took on the quest to kill the 3 goblin leaders in order to get Halsin back to the grove. I managed to take out Gut & Minthara without too much trouble, but the final fight against Dror Ragzlin spilled into chaos. I thought I was being smart by looting his poo poo before getting away from the enemies and then fleeing, but didn't realise it would take me to my camp, and then I was outside the goblin place when I exited. Now the whole place is hostile to me and it's going to take ages to fight my way through all of them - is there any sneaky way of getting back in and finding Halsin to complete the quest?

I don't think theres a shortcut, but dropping into the middle of them by teleporting to their waypoint makes the fight massively harder - if you approach the camp from outside they'll be a lot more spread out and easy to deal with

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It's probably been mentioned before, but you can use a shovel anywhere. If everyone fails a Survival check just start digging around

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

VanillaGorilla posted:

Does anybody have big enough nuts to have taken a swing at Elminster? I wonder what happens.

It's a bit disappointing: It's actually a simulacrum, it's kind of a pushover and drops no loot. I was hoping it would be like an underlevelled party attacking a BG2 lich where he casts time stop and kills everyone before you take a turn

pretty rude of him to have it pretend to be hungry and eat your food

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 14, 2023

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jimbot posted:

Can someone explain The Staff of Arcane Blessing? With it equipped it shows up in passives but it's not giving me any bonus on my rolls. Am I supposed to cast Blessing that's on it in order to get those extra hit die for my spells? If so, then why does it even show up in my passive list?

Warmachine posted:

It makes the Bless spells you cast better, regardless of the source. So you need to cast Bless and have the Bless buff on for any effect. For about half the game this was the weapon I had on Shadowheart because 2d4 on attacks and saves and 3d4 on magic attack rolls is gangbusters.

Mystra's Blessing from the Staff of Arcane Blessing is currently bugged or has the incorrect tooltip - it gives you an extra 1d4 for spell attack rolls but thats it.

Current (wrong) tooltip:

If you remove the word 'Additional' from that tooltip you get how it works currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ZearothK posted:

They had to roll back Hotfix #4 because it was crashing for some people. If you hang in there you should be good tomorrow.

Looks like I have some time to decide on a path of exile build :rolldice: