Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

RIP Infinity Engine, you sucked too bad apparently.

That RPS interview is completely silly because I just played Baldur's Gate 1 literally two weeks ago, I finished the game, and felt like it has aged extremely well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

A glance at the GOG page for the game reveals some bad news for you:

Take this with a grain of salt. The devs were unwilling to clarify in interviews posted today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will there be an option for real time combat with pausing?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Megazver posted:

Thankfully, no.

:(

I prefer it like Pillars of Eternity where you have multiple options for how you want the combat to play out, so everyone gets to play based on their own preferences.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

Yes, but the resolution will fall back to 1024x758

I'm okay with this compromise. :hmmyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really excited for BG3 coming out in a month.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Right, sure. Sometimes it's okay to admit you just like boobs and you don't have to come up with these elaborate backstories to justify your sexy armor

sexy fantasy armor is cool, in 2023 it doesn't really feel like a hill worth dying on anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

:hai:

I like her super eighties haircut too

I love 70s/80s fantasy artwork so much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WAIT WAIT WAIT, that clip is not edited in any way? It's something that can really happen in-game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Time stamped twitch stream, warning contains ye old cock and balls, not to mention gratuitous squirrel footage.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegatePlayfulPelicanVoHiYo-5roWs9yGqWTZsxot

:stare: I am so excited for this game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

They’d be nuts not to if Larian wants to do expansions or a sequel, this is 100% going to be the sole success (by orders of magnitude) in WOTC’s effort to expand into video gaming. They’ve whiffed on everything else.

Like it’s this and that loving Neverwinter beat ‘em up they launched on Gamepass that was so lovely people didn’t even want to play it for free.

I thought MTG Arena was super successful? The Neverwinter MMO I think has done really well despite being a blatant pay to win cash grab.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the new thread title lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So wait, if you're a druid, and you romance a druid NPC, will they both turn into bears for the cutscene?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I haven't paid much attention about BG3 stuff for a while, but what's this bear thing about

Completely serious response; sex scenes have nudity including showing breasts, and penis, and druid bear sex as an option. The romance options are very M-rated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Each passing day is one day closer to sex bear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Instead of a three day head start, we got a one month head start? :angel:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

There are too many days in July :colbert:

But then not enough days in August to play everything coming out in the next two weeks. :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dpulex posted:

I assume this is going to be the best game ever of all time.

Bard with the most unoptimized build I can make.

*looks at the bear sex cutscene yet again*

Yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will I be able to kill him?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes, and speak with dead him.

No speak, just kill.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Is there a classic over the shoulder camera? I think they showed it off at some point, for the consoles probably.

I was about to ask if we have this as an option. I really want this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this how John McAfee died?

[edit]
I don't actually care, this is just what I choose to believe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant believe this game is finally finished and available to play from start to finish, this week!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Welp, new CU is up. No preload confirmed, game weighs in at 122 GB.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285307835439472

I was curious about this, but felt like I am just super stupid; can we download the early access and the game will just update to the full version but delete our save files?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Your Computer posted:

oooo looking to get steam deck verified by launch, have controller support and optimal settings :toot:

i tried running the EA on my steam deck but it either crashed or sounded like a vacuum cleaner so i just stopped trying

Looking forward to playing on Steam Deck, and my M2 Macbook Air, but I have an actual gaming PC with an RTX 4070 Ti, so i'm good for enjoying this game in multiple different ways. :D

Jack Trades posted:

Whoa! This is the first time I've heard of an RPG where the developers weren't afraid to deny the player the party member gently caress buffet.

Same! this seems pretty major in my opinion. Typically how its always done is that you give the NPC a certain number of items, and increase a number, and then once its high enough you can gently caress the NPC. Completely ruining a generation of young men with their real life romance. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been going straight for hitting the block button users that make threads like this. With the Steam forum it will hide any future threads they make, and you know you won't be missing anything anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ojetor posted:

you can always tell with the bad eggs

The Steam forums have gotten extremely gross. Tons and tons of transphobic / homophobic comments, and Valve moderation pretty much always lets it slide.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

A dev ranting and raving across multiple tweets about how horny everyone is in the game like it's some sort of revolutionary design choice is just kind of icky and off putting.

Not so much that for me, as I just didn't want to know about it, wanted to go in and discover it on my own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Is it 11 hours from now yet? :ohdear:

yeah!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

63MB/Sec download, I am about to be majorly first world problems about this, but I am on Xfinity and my download speed is suppose to be more like 100MB/Sec, but Xfinity really sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DourCricket posted:

5 hours for me :') Okayish since I'm supposed to be working anyway

Enjoy nerds.

lol same

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The quests in this game can get very overwhelming! :sweatdrop: Trying to just accept that things will not always work out how I want them to, and to just roll with the punches and make the best of the situation I am in with the tools I have.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got my first sex cutscene :gooncamp:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of my decision making so far has been based on how attractive / horny I am for the NPC. It has served me well so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I am just stupid, but also at the same time I am having a hard time following the main story. It weaves and changes drastically depending on your choices, and who is in your party, and that is extremely impressive, but there are so many different characters, and terminology, and lore, that it is really hard to follow and keep it all straight even early into the game.

Like the main story can have you going down a path, and then you make a choice a little bit later and all of sudden the entire story campaign has changed outright and having you go down a different path with no way to go back the other way. Its really cool, but it can be jarring.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hashy posted:

It's insane how good the hair looks in this game

Beards not so much but y'know

That, and fur, and clothing. Its up there with how impressive it looks in Final Fantasy XVI, but this is arguably on an even larger and more impressive scale. The quality is more consistent across the board too and that helps.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runaway dog posted:

drat game hurts, got rick slapped by the very first encounter after getting off the mindflayer ship.

Yeah, this game is actually really difficult, even on the easiest difficulty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Needed to go back to a previous save by about 1 1/2 hours due to soft locking with a broken main quest, I think? With how super complicated the quests are, I am not at all surprised that some things are a bit janky after you get out of the Early Access area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This dungeon I am in right now is very buggy and broken. :/