Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 21 starts June 25th on CBS.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 15+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 21?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop, you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

https://poptv.com/bigbrotherafterdark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:

Camp BB. Summer camp themed competitions and décor. Season will feature a weekly Wacktivity competition to give out special powers. Houseguests selected one of three Wacktivity competitions to participate in, then found out the week it would be. Approximately five different Houseguests participate each week in each competition.

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother part of CBS All Access, you get more bang for your buck. You'll get both the live feeds, access to the existing CBS library and new shows like the Star Trek series and The Twilight Zone. in addition to the feeds you'll have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

https://twitter.com/realityreacts/status/1047536031061479424

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History

• Analyse aka Sis
  • Christie
  • Cliff
    - Eliminated Week 3 (6-4)
    - Won: Camp Comeback Week 3
  • David
    - Eliminated Day 2
  • Holly
  • Isabella aka Bella
    - Eliminated Week 4 (8-2)
  • Jack
    - Eliminated Week 6 (6-2)
  • Jackson aka Michie
  • Jessica
  • Kathryn
    - Won: Hawaii trip
    - Eliminated Week 7 (6-1)
  • Kemi
    - Eliminated Week 2 (11-1)
  • Nick
    - Won: $5,000
  • Nicole
  • Ovi
    - Eliminated Week 1 (12-0)
  • Sam
    - Won: Fiji trip
    - Eliminated Week 5 (9-0)
  • Tommy

Week 1:
Camp Director Houseguests vote for Camp Director. Director banishes four people to compete, loser is evicted. Jackson elected director, banishes Cliff, David, Jessica and Kemi.
Banishment: David
HOH: Christie
Nominations: Cliff & Kathryn
Wacktivity Comp: Ovi (Can force HOH to nominate two new people after initial nominations)
Veto: Sam (Used on Cliff, replaced with Ovi)
Final Nominees: Kathryn VS Ovi
Eviction: Ovi (12-0)
Twist: Ovi and David re-enter the game but not as players. Can not participate in competitions or ceremonies.

Week 2:
HOH: Jack
Nominations: Kemi & Jessica
Wacktivity Comp: Jack (Can force veto player redraw)
Veto: Sam (Not used. Also won trip to Fiji)
Final Nominees: Kemi VS Jessica
Eviction: Kemi (11-1)

Week 3:
HOH: Nick
Nominations: Cliff & Jessica
Wacktivity Comp: Christie (Convert Veto to Diamond Veto. Veto holder chooses renom if used)
Veto: Kathryn (used on Jessica, replaced with Nicole)
Final Nominees: Cliff VS Nicole
Eviction: Cliff (6-4)
Camp Comeback: David VS Ovi VS Kemi VS Cliff ~ Cliff wins and re-enters game

Week 4:
HOH: Cliff
Nominations: Jack & Jackson
Veto: Jackson (Used on self, replaced with Bella)
Final Nominees: Jack VS Bella
Eviction: Bella (8-2)

Week 5:
HOH: Holly
Nominations: Nick & Sam
Veto: Nick (Used on self, replaced with Kat)
Final Nominees: Sam VS Kat
Eviction: Sam (9-0)

Week 6:
HOH: Jessica
Nominations: Jack & Jackson
Veto: Jessica (Not used)
Final Nominees: Jack VS Jackson
Eviction: Jack (6-2)

Week 7:
HOH: Tommy
Field Trip: Analyse (Punishment) VS Christie (Nominated) VS Jackson (Safety)
Nominations: Cliff & Kathryn + Christie
Veto: Tommy (Used on Christie, no replacement)
Final Nominees: Cliff VS Kathryn
Eviction: Kathryn (6-1)

Week 8:
HOH: Jackson
Nominations: Analyse & Christie
Veto: Jackson (Not used)
Final Nominees: Analyse VS Christie
Eviction: Analyse (5-1)

Week 8:
HOH: Holly
America's Prankster Vote: Nick (Can make one of the nominations, if nominee removed by veto, can choose replacement)
Nominations:
Veto:
Final Nominees:
Eviction:

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 23, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't feel ready and there's a voice saying "maybe skip it this year..."

So I think I'm right on schedule in my denial phase.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Global TV trolling BB fans.

https://twitter.com/Raingirl51/stat...100254543372288

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jeff returns after being gone last year to interview the new houseguests this Monday. Dumb questions incoming.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"What former player do you think you're most like?"
"Are you open to a showmance?"
"Would you rather be hated and win or be loved and lose?"

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Oh no, everything about this is very upsetting.

I, however, am very much excited about BB basically starting tomorrow. What time does the Jeff interrogation start?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think 9 AM PDT was what I saw.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Never Forget.

https://twitter.com/GlobalTV/status...pagenumber%3D19

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

I think 9 AM PDT was what I saw.

Quick update on this: I just saw an ad for it, and it starts at 11 Eastern, 8 Pacific.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I can't wait for "the bikini model," "the bartender," "the bro," "the superfan," "the sassy black lady," "the LGBT HG who is probably also a minority so we can check off several boxes at once," and "the token old guy."

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
You're forgetting the latent racist.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-21-cast/

Request permission to declare Boss Hogg as the winner.

Also psyched that Jason Mamoa and Sam Smith are playing this season. Unbelievable gets by Robin Kass.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 17, 2019

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Haven't had time to look/read but thank god it's all newbies. Waiting for the inevitable Paul introduction after the first boot (with 7 weeks immunity of course).

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, that's sixteen players. I think this season is 92 or 93 days according to a posted finale date? So not quite as long as recent past, but probably too long for just 16 players. So I'm betting there are still shenanigans to come. But looks good for now.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
1) Why are there so many people whose interests are CrossFit and photography?
2) Wine Safari Guide is now an occupation.
3) I thought Analyse would be my poison because of her interest in tanning but Isabella is definitely my poison, by virtue of her "favorite activity" of spending other people's money. Gross.
4) Kathryn is a "Digital Marketing Executive" which means Instagram Butt Model.
5) I can't decide who I love more, Kemi or Ovi. Both of their descriptors are amazing.

Three Adjectives: positive, goal-oriented, bitch
Three Adjectives: Relatable, motivated, and brown

Beats the poo poo out of the usual drivel of "funny, outgoing, and confident!"

edit: well I'll be damned, just went back to look, and the very first person (Analyse) has funny, outgoing, and confident as her adjectives. Perfect.

Also, can we please go ahead and post this every time she does something? It's too perfect.

Another edit: Just pulled up feeds and the fish music is on. The hype is real.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 17, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Insert joke about the subjects the casting crew follows on Instagram.

Edit: The Jeff interviews have started.

From what I'm watching:

Analyse - Fan since she was ten, knew who Jeff was.
David - Recruit
Christie - Watched starting at season 8
Jackson - Not a superfan, but claims he's watched the show with his mom over the years
Jessica - Says she's been a fan for awhile, referenced Jordan winning to Jeff.
Nick: Watched season 17.
Ovi - Started watching in high school (literally). Went back and watched other seasons
Tommy - Watched since season 14

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 17, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SweetJahasus posted:

2) Wine Safari Guide is now an occupation.
3) I thought Analyse would be my poison because of her interest in tanning but Isabella is definitely my poison, by virtue of her "favorite activity" of spending other people's money. Gross.
4) Kathryn is a "Digital Marketing Executive" which means Instagram Butt Model.
5) I can't decide who I love more, Kemi or Ovi. Both of their descriptors are amazing.

Three Adjectives: positive, goal-oriented, bitch
Three Adjectives: Relatable, motivated, and brown

Beats the poo poo out of the usual drivel of "funny, outgoing, and confident!"

edit: well I'll be damned, just went back to look, and the very first person (Analyse) has funny, outgoing, and confident as her adjectives. Perfect.

Also, can we please go ahead and post this every time she does something? It's too perfect.

Another edit: Just pulled up feeds and the fish music is on. The hype is real.

A lot of it is just longwinded ways of saying unemployed, since you'd almost have to be to have time to be on this show.

Also, Nick seems like a solid Pony just from the short bio, although I question the ability to process information of anyone with that haircut.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 17, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I can't wait for "the bikini model," "the bartender," "the bro," "the superfan," "the sassy black lady," "the LGBT HG who is probably also a minority so we can check off several boxes at once," and "the token old guy."

Looks like I nailed at least a few of these.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Cast reveal is happening right now on the feeds.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
"This is how a human smiles."

--Dude in middle row, second from left.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I know this happens every year but I loathe the people who are all like "I've been a fan for a long time!" then proceed to say they'll play like X character from last season and not play like Y character from last season. Name literally one person from a prior season other than Big Jeff! They also all compliment Jeff like he was a great BB player, and even he is like nah y'all I was bad.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

We stan Ovi in this thread. He's probably going to get slaughtered.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm gonna stick to tradition and only learn about these people through really cheesy introduction packages on the show that reduce them to one dimensional cliches or the inevitable controversy of racism on their social media accounts.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparently Tommy and Christie may know each other. She dated his aunt per some some media info. They're in a pic together.

Edit: Fans seem to be linking a couple of people together. Could be a duos season.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 17, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Teek posted:

Apparently Tommy and Christie may know each other. She dated his aunt per some some media info. They're in a pic together.

Edit: Fans seem to be linking a couple of people together. Could be a duos season.

Oh god no, couples was the worst.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well if the theory plays out its basically the beloved S6 format.

Personally I think that can go either way. Maybe the established relationships work with the newly forming relationships to keep the house more fluid and complicated. Or maybe they all clique up and we're just praying no side goes on a winning streak.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Along with Tommy/Christie it seems the BB Community has discovered that Jack and Isabella are a former couple and Ovi and Jackson are college/fraternity rivals or something. Kathryn and Holly are apparently both from the Miss USA circuit (and Holly worked for Trump). Or Cliff has a photo of Holly on his facebook page or something? So the pairs thing sounds likely. Some fans even speculating its a more incestuous interweaving with everyone like 2 degrees removed from each other.

The real question is, what vet pairs are joining them? Victor is engaged to Nicole, Nicole beat Paul, Paul was buds with Victor, MORE PAUL!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Can't they just stick 16 people in a house without some sort of gimmick?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why start now?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, most of these relationships seem valid but tenuous at best. Not too worried yet.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If you take the first letter of all of their names, it spells- FRIENDSHIP:PISSED. :tinfoil:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Boss Hogg is into watersports :pisstape:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Holy poo poo guys, you have to watch the Jeff interview with Cliff Hogg. He seems this thread personified...

Now we just have to hope he doesn't have some horrible political opinions.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

"gently caress Y'all" - Cornbread

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Weird question but wanted to confirm before we pulled the trigger. Does the CBS All Access let you watch the Eps live? Or do you have to wait until they get posted? We tried the trial last season and weren't able to get them live and had to wait til the next day. Wasn't sure if it was because we were trialing or if that was the actual subscription.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you should be able to access a live CBS stream but I get CBS on both cable and over the air so I never utilize it. I think the few times I have I'd have mixed results with it, and you'd only be able to watch "live", not like start at the beginning whenever you tune in.

Alternatively you could probably do like I did and buy a tv antenna at the dollar store. I'm proud to own rabbit ears in 2019.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I may have one of those digital ear things down in the basement somewhere. I'll scope it out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whelp, I’m digging into the cesspool of BB fandom to get back in the right (insane) mindset for the season so I thought I might make a nice little Where Are They Now? post!

- Sadly Big Brother has suffered its second loss after losing BB2's Kent in 2017. Earlier this spring beloved BB6 personality Pepperoni passed just short of his 18th birthday. Police are still questioning Howie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwwzx0UjgFb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kli0navod9ie

- BB15’s Kaitlyn became a brief NFL meme this winter.
https://twitter.com/Bb3Danielle/sta...129381414232066

- Paul is making music. I'll resist saying it.
https://twitter.com/deadskulltweets...087617286037504

- Aubrey apparent has her own BB game on Youtube? I might give that a watch to warm up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-brIyjdolEg

- The hottest thing in professional wrestling these days is upstart new promotion AEW which debuts a shot on TNT in October. And one of their hottest new signings is none other than BB17's Austin. The weird rear end dude with a masters has been finding his own in wrestling over the last year thanks in large part to a defining identity.

https://twitter.com/SquarCircleExpo/status/1133692025893806080

And he’s still a weirdo.

https://twitter.com/JudasDraven/sta...-his-gimmick%2F

And here he is with his new tag partner, Luke Perry’s son Jungle Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0n-bsYNcFk

- https://twitter.com/winston_hines/s...220643039297536

- And finally yet another Big Brother baby has been born as BB19's Cody and Jess had a baby girl and named her Maverick. Because of course they did.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvPYcOChLnl/?utm_source=ig_embed

I hope I'm still alive and crazy during BB40 when Maverick and Adora Borealis go to batshit insane war.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

^burtle posted:

Weird question but wanted to confirm before we pulled the trigger. Does the CBS All Access let you watch the Eps live? Or do you have to wait until they get posted? We tried the trial last season and weren't able to get them live and had to wait til the next day. Wasn't sure if it was because we were trialing or if that was the actual subscription.

Hey, i used to have all access. They do have live streaming, the only caveat being if you live on the west coast you can only stream it live at your designated time, not at 5 or 6 pm.