Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So it looks like two sets of people for sure know each other with some others potentially having avenues for connections.

Tommy and Christie know each other. She dated his aunt.
Holly and Kathryn are Facebook friends and reportedly knew they were both going in before sequester and planned to work together.

The other potential connections involve several of the Houseguests going to the same colleges around the same times as other Houseguests.

Ovi and Jackson attended the same college and had the same major. They were separated by a couple of years.
Isabella and Kemi also went to the same college a few years apart.

Brent on RHAP provided the dirt on Holly and Kathryn. He said Kathryn leaked another potential player's name she knew, who was also in the running to be on the show last season. This necessitated pulling in an alternate Christie, to play. Brent said in spite of all the connections, he was hearing it wasn't a duos or secrets season. Perhaps that might change though now that all these connections are being found out. Seems like it's just :effort: casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the "ex couple" was apparently a fake rumor and they just both climbed mt kilamanjaro at different times or something. I don't know about that "dated a relative" one of the "spoiled another hg on Facebook" but most of the connections sound like "attended the same University" or "both live in the same city of millions".

I apologize for helping spread the false rumors. I should know better by now. BB fans love taking leaps of logic and looking for conspiracies. There were so many fake casting "leaks" the last couple of weeks it's funny when the same people who post them brush right past and post more stuff.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, i used to have all access. They do have live streaming, the only caveat being if you live on the west coast you can only stream it live at your designated time, not at 5 or 6 pm.

Thanks for the follow up, we're gonna try the trial again and if it works hit the subscribe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta say as someone who will spend an insane and unhealthy amount of time listening to these people talk its somehow completely impossible for me to sit through one of those introduction interviews they do with Jeff or Ika or whoever. That's not a condemnation of this cast, I never can. I just hate all of them 5 seconds into them explaining why Paul/Tyler/Rachel/other obvious main character is their favorite player.

Then again I'll hate them all 5 seconds into their first episode introduction videos too, so I guess I just need to see them in action to even remotely not hate them.

In other news, first videos/images of the house are out there. Looks like the theme is camping/summer camp. The upstairs lounge is a "treehouse" this year with a ladder that goes up to it (in addition to the stairs).

Maybe the "summer camp" thing could play into the "attended the same college" pattern some BB fans are digging up? I dunno.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I didn't realize Luchasaurus is Austin :psyduck:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Faustian Bargain posted:

I didn't realize Luchasaurus is Austin :psyduck:

Its a shame AEW doesn't debut until after the season is over because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a giddy and over the top for A Boy And His Dinosaur and would just be posting clips all season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

House tour.

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/s...084761470423040

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also, apparently there was an audio leak on the feeds today. There's all kinds of conflicting "spoilers" going around and people drawing conclusions based on them so I don't know what to make of it (and I don't have the feeds yet). Sounds like Christie might be first HOH, Kathryn might be an early target, and there might have been a Night 1 eviction. But there's so much bullshit going around I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you do have the feeds flashback time is 9:38 AM.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Don't bother spoilering any more of that leak. It's on the feeds technically and anyone in the thread should be able to listen to it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

:rip: the old fish.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Kind of hard to judge who's aligned with who at this point. At the minimum, Nicole and Christie aren't. Though it doesn't sounds like Christie plans to target Nicole.

Poor Cliff, "Everyone said he's safe as a pawn!" Countdown to Cliff getting evicted in a non-surprise shocker.

Christie offhandedly dropped hints that Tommy was giving her some advice, which to us, makes sense and clearly proves they're working together. Who else beyond that it's unclear. She seemed to a say a block of girls were speaking positively for Cliff if he was on the block, which might mean they, along with Christie, are actually in an alliance.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 21, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh fine, I'll pay a week earlier. I'll regret this when I reup in 2 months...

9:38 AM, some general conversation presumably in HOH (they discuss needing to feed the fish). "First day the spinning." Lady A asks Lady B how her night was and general DR "have to put on the same clothes from Day 1" stuff. Lady A had a "major crying meltdown" that "poo poo's gonna get real." A says first HOH sucks because you can't base your noms on anything. Blah blah. "No one's aligning yet." "I wish there was an rear end in a top hat." Lady B says she wanted to "twalk" to you (gotta be the Staten Island girl). Lady A isn't playing this week, so I guess she's HOH? Lady A is just holding HOH court and giving all the usual HOH spiel while Lady B does the usual "that's very smart." Lady A put up a boy and girl so as not to create any gender problems. She'd like to work with girls to take out the guys but the usual reasons the ladies give why they can't work with the other ladies. Girl power.

Lady A trusts Nicky the least because he made a pact with "the four people who volunteered" in the beginning (which includes Cliff and Jess) that they wouldn't nominate each other but then he "nominated all three". Lady A says she would have used that to nominate him but "I'm scared of him" because "he and Kat are a thing" and he's close to Jack. She "fears" him but thinks someone else will take him out but she doesn't know where the votes are now. Lady B "yes, you're so smarts" it all. Lady A says Cliff is a nomination option. "I spoke to Sist, Bella, Tommy, Holly." They all said they wouldn't vote Cliff out. She hasn't spoke to Ovi but knows he promised Cliff he'd be fine. Cliff is clearly her pawn. She things every girl is great (but, you know... not the pawn) but she has to think about all her interactions with them and look for "discord" in her gut. Lady A thinks that's great. Lady A says she's a "straight shooter", trustworthy, and "am what I am." She tells Lady B all the personal stuff she says she's not going to tell people. "The house is so different." Blah blah blah. Everyone loves everyone. Lady B, "My soul is like yours."

Lady A is Nicole Christie. Nicole Christie is HOH. Nicole Christie comes out to Lady B. She had a couple of serious boyfriends but was with a woman for 7 years and dates women exclusively now. She doesn't want to label herself and she's not going to announce it or anything but she won't hide it either. "I see soul, not gender."

Lady B is a teacher. So I think that's Christie Nicole. Checks out with the New Yawk accent. They're just chit chatting and failing the Bechdel test. Lots of humble bragging about what grounded, homebody, simple, social butterfly people they are. "Think of all the girls were Kats."

Nicole Christie asks Christie Nicole who she's close to and Christie Nicole dances around it and says she thinks she's connected with some people but isn't sure. They're not talking like people playing the game together, but they both might be legitimately still figuring stuff out. They like Jess. Astrology talk. Nicole Christie talks a lot. "I say what I feel and it is what it is." She uses a lot of wording like that.

Some dude shows up to shower. He's a scorpio. Its Ovi. Nicole Christie says she doesn't want to nominate either of them or Jess. Nicole Christie confirms with Ovi that Cliff is a safe pawn. More dancing around who the target is. Nicole Christie says some people are "shifty" but not him, Cliff, "some of the girls", and Nicole. "Christie" says "thanks." So I guess Nicole is Christie and Christie is Nicole. Whoopsie.

CHRISTIE finally volunteers that Kat is her "not target" because she's the only one instilling negative energy and is very paranoid. NICOLE thinks she's out of her meds and CHRISTIE says she talks about them all the time. Kat apparently went to Christie as soon as HOH ended and said "I know you're going to nominate me." "I feel like she hand delivered herself to me as a nomination." More talk about Kat and Nicky being a thing. At this point the audio leak stops.

So sounds like Nick, Kat, and Jack are cliqued up or outside the rest and Nick and Kat have already made enemies. From the way Christie was talking Nicole, Jess, Bella, "Sist", Cliff, Tommy, and Ovi are all more or less good with each other but not allied. No idea who "Sist" is but by process of elimination its gotta be Analyse, Holly, or Kemi. BB Twitter says "Sis" is Analyse's home nickname. That still leaves David, Jackson, and Sam as complete mysteries. Plus the other ladies. Sounds like SOMEONE might have gone home Day 1 but no real clue who and it wasn't really confirmed. We just know Nicky, Jess, Cliff, and a 4th volunteered for something and Nicky then "nominated" the three of them after promising not to. Those four guys and three ladies would be the suspects since none of them were mentioned by name (besides "Sis").

And I guess they say Holly was mentioned too so Kemi is the lead suspect for first boot. I didn't actually hear anything that disqualified any of those guys but everyone seems convinced it was a girl/Kemi. But no one actually said anyone got evicted. Its possible they were nominated for Have Nots or punishments or something.

Weirdly in the middle of this post the Flashback stuff changed from me having to adjust for time zones to the feeds doing that for me. If that sticks it will be great.

Also my 20 year old wired headphones broke. I seriously had those things for 20 years and I loved them. I have bluetooth but audio tends to be a little off with video so I guess I need new wired headphones before next week.

And thus my ridiculous posting begins, complete with getting names wrong... As always I apologize if its too much, feel free to yell at me if you think I'm getting carried away or being unfair to anyone, I hope my obsession enhances your enjoyment.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 21, 2019

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Anyone who reads this thread and doesn't see STAC as a national treasure is a real bastard.

I'm strapped in and ready for this poo poo.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Ah yes. That's the good poo poo. Inject STAC straight into my veins

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guys, I'm seriously heartbroken that my headphones broke. I bought those things for $10 in high school. I'm shook.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Condolences STAC, they don't make em like they used to.

Sacul
Feb 11, 2010
STAC’s BB feed updates are literally 99% of the reason I use SA anymore. Thanks for doing this every summer.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

One correction Stac, at least from when I last checked in on that leak, was that Nicky was actually referring to Jackson, whose last name is Michie. People seems to think that makes more sense contextually with what Christie was saying, as Kat was supposedly falling for that person's abs. And Nick didn't really have them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I saw a bunch of people saying it was Jackson. I went back to listen but I never heard Jackson and kept hearing "Nicky". Maybe I was wrong and it was just some weird thing I couldn't hear right. Or maybe a nickname we're unfamiliar with. I don't know. I guess we'll do out soon enough.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy poo poo, BB starts tomorrow. I'm not ready. This feels early.

Also the popular rumor now is that David was either removed from the house or the first boot. There's all kinds of online detective tinfoiling about the time stamps on his swimsuit photos and photoshops.

edit: Also, please allow me this equal opportunity objectification because, wow.

edit2: And the latest adventures of Luchasaurus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx6hdZhoZiw&t=448s

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 25, 2019

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I got scouted at Pride by the headhunters for Big Brother Poland and they asked me to show up at the casting in two days what the gently caress do I do

Roger Troutman
Jan 11, 2007

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.
Is your sister Ariana Grande?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

goblin week posted:

I got scouted at Pride by the headhunters for Big Brother Poland and they asked me to show up at the casting in two days what the gently caress do I do

I guess don't embarrass yourself on national television, and uh don't break your NDA so you lose all your money.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

goblin week posted:

Tell them you're only in if they give you a slot on Amazing Race too with your pick of the other houseguests. Showmance everyone. Talk directly to STAC Ghost via the cameras in the middle of the night. Tell him he got some names wrong in his latest post, good chance you are right and will freak him out. Do your best drama and strategy talks while singing copyrighted songs so they have to cut away the feeds. Enjoy completely trashing the house if you make it to the competition where you have to hide and seek each others folders or whatever. Try to sneak around the house without getting spotted by cameras. Build a spy shack in the HOH room so you can eavesdrop on the gossip while they don't know you are in there. Act completely different day to day and mention your twin sibling to everyone. Act like a completely normal houseguest the entire season then when Zingbot comes in and insults you, just freaking tackle and pummel him until they drag you out, or break down crying and leave the room even if its one of those lame nonjokes they do when they can't think of anything better.

Aaaand I see you are brand new to the forums so my terrible attempt at meta humor is probably wasted. Have you watched the show before, either American or Poland versions? Could be interesting to at least go to the casting, no idea what BB Poland is like.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Tonight begins Davidwatch 2019. Will he be added to the unfortunate list of Houseguests who never appeared on the live feeds?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Supposedly they'll be testing the live feeds in a few minutes.

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/status/1143621143816855552?s=20

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 25, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds live now since 4:00 PM CST.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kemi's in there, so that kills that speculation.

All I've noticed is random chit chat and chores.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Davidwatch 2019 not looking so good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My BBViewer is stuck on a constant loop of Nick describing a dance move as "I always carry a spare mozzarella to cut..." and its a bad sign for the season.

In theory it seems weird that they'd do this if it could spoil something as big as an eviction before the premiere. But I suppose they probably realize it doesn't matter and anyone on it would just be watching anyway. Like how they seemed to let the Vegas spoiler get away with things last season.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 25, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It appears to be over. I'm not sure what the point of that was. But it happened so fast SurvivorSucks didn't even seem to notice.

I really gotta figure out how to navigate BB reddit or twitter.

edit: Also the BB feed clock seems 20 minutes behind. So maybe they're just trying to resolve technical problems or something. Its working like poo poo for me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 25, 2019

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I am ready.

Who watched BBCan? I feel like I am probably the only one who liked the season, but as far as dominant seasons go, it was watchable for me.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

"I always carry a spare mozzarella to cut..."

Okay new thread title pls?

Also, why are feeds live? I figured they wouldn't be until after the Wednesday episode?!? They're changing protocol this year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SweetJahasus posted:

Okay new thread title pls?

Also, why are feeds live? I figured they wouldn't be until after the Wednesday episode?!? They're changing protocol this year.

It was only up for like 10 minutes. Not sure why. Like I said, the feeds were working like poo poo for me and the clock is wrong so they might just be trying to work out technical problems

I'll probably go back and gif that mozzarella thing because it was really WTF? I think he was trying to teach Ovi how to dougie or something.

JakeP posted:

I am ready.

Who watched BBCan? I feel like I am probably the only one who liked the season, but as far as dominant seasons go, it was watchable for me.

.Its up on BBViewer so I was considering giving it a watch, but like I said, this season kind of snuck up on me. I might sneak it in during the down feed days.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I can't wait to excitedly watch this and watch feeds when not at work then start hating everybody or it being a steamroll and stop watching completely

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

First few weeks are always fun because there's so many people and their relationships are new so there's bound to be someone sewing chaos and some people playing hard and a few people who seem like lowkey big players. Time weeds out the crazies and exposes the lowkey players' flaws but I look forward to the early possibilities and madness.

Then inertia eventually sets in.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think around zingbot is when I feel the grind of a few players left in the house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basically I watch Big Brother for the moment when players realize 2 or 3 weeks in that the person they formed an alliance with is actually completely insane and/or untrustworthy.

Its all about the Kaitlyns and Aubreys and Amandas and... I wish I could think of a nutso dude but I really don't want to say Frankie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
big brother owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
I think you're right about the early season being great because there are so many drat people and there is just so much going on on the feeds.

Once it dwindles down you just get each cliche being bored just laying around in their own kingdom in the house.