Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I'm looking for movies where dudes really beat the hell out of each other, but I would like 'real' movies, not straight action movies. Something where the fights are brutal but also....meaningful?

I watched A Prayer Before Dawn last night, so kind of along those lines. Eastern Promises is another one that comes to mind, and Valhalla Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yes! That Dan Dority fight is exactly the kind of thing I'm after. That was an incredible sequence. That is a great example of what I'm looking for. More of that!