Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

What's a really trippy mystery film? An investigation that just gets weird. Ideally supernatural, but open to straighter stuff.

Mulholland Drive?

Also, does Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon hold up? I just watched Touch of Zen again and would like another great martial arts epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I would like a great pre-Star Wars science fiction film. A cynical one that reflects our current hellscape lol. Iíve never seen Loganís Run, A Boy and His Dog, Soylent Green or any of them. But if something sounds a little more relevant Iíd like to hear it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

massive spider posted:

Iím looking for a ďself destructive youthĒ movie. Think Trainspotting or similar.

Gummo!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Iím in need of a dumb 70ís/80ís type of comedy the likes of which Homer Simpson watches: https://youtu.be/xwEweXpHphg

I havenít seen Caddyshack or Animal House in ages and am unsure how they hold up. I know Revenge of the Nerds didnít, for me. But I could use some dumb laughs.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This is a vague request but a couple friends and I rented a cabin by a lake for a few days. Everyone is pretty comfortable with anything, preferably trashy or artsy. Whatís a movie that would go great in a cabin setting?

Edit: So I guess what Iím asking for are movies set in a cabin/in the woods.

Please, nothing by Josh Whedon.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 13, 2021

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Is there anything else like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy out there? Just incredibly tense and tightly wound spy narratives? I know there's been a decent amount of Le Carre adaptations over the past few years, but I haven't tracked if any of them are as pitch-perfect as TTSS. I've seen the Alec Guinness BBC adaptations and while they're highly pleasant, they're not the same in terms of edge-of-your-seat tension. I could also be open to non-spy narratives that have the same vibeómaybe political thrillers? I'd say The Conversation would maybe scratch the same itch.

I'm probably going to catch Three Days of the Condor tonight, but open to other ideas.

You ever seen Army of Shadows? Or Z?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The Beach Bum whips rear end.