Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Need spooky films for the spooky season.
I am generally not a fan of the horror genre but I have enjoyed Get Out, Event Horizon, Funny Games (US) and the first Insidious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

fenix down posted:

Do you have any other qualifiers? Does it need to be on a particular streaming service? Are international or black and white films okay?

No streaming service restrictions. I am kinda opposed to both foreign and black and white. I liked One Cut of the Dead a lot but that's about the bar of objective quality it needs to clear for me to read subtitles.
I'm not sure if I disliked the Lighthouse because it was B&W, but that's another reference point I suppose. I don't believe that movie makes sense.
I like something about Jordan Peele for sure. I wanted to like Us, but didn't. I think Candyman looks dope.
Other decent spooks IMO:
Pandorum, The Descent

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm not a huge horror guy but I really liked The Ritual.

That was okay. Next up is Jacob's Ladder since it has come up twice.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Roumba posted:

I bought a new TV for the first time in ~11 years and I splurged to get a CX. What's the best 4K/HDR movie to baptize the new and holy OLED? I have access to Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO with a pretty nice internet connection, so I should be able to have a quality streaming picture. I was thinking about picking a random episode of The Expanse because I know the space scenes in that are supposed to look really great in 4K, but a full movie is probably the proper way to do it.

I still remember that my very first HD/BluRay I ever saw was How To Train Your Dragon on my neighbor's TV. I'd like my 4K first time to be memorable too. :biglips:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Looking for some gritty spy movies with some verisimilitude ala Haywire and Ronin.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Sir Kodiak posted:

The John le Carré adaptations tend to be pretty low-key and grounded. I very much enjoyed Philip Seymour Hoffman's last movie, A Most Wanted Man. The Tailor of Panama is good as well. Note, you're not going to get action the way you will with the two you mentioned, though.

I probably won't miss the action scenes. I'm just trying to find some accompaniment to my playthrough of Phantom Doctrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Look (2007) is premised that every camera in it is a security camera and is maybe too voyeuristic.