System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

Maxwell Lord posted:

Dredd as well.

Dredd rules. I saw someone recommend Kong: Skull Island. Yes. Also Edge of Tomorrow. Horrible name.....but really good movie. I heart Emily Blunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

pooch516 posted:

I love that they unofficially changed the name to "Live Die Repeat" when it came out on Blu-Ray.

I saw that. Much better name.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

I cannot remember if I saw the recommendation here or not....but 'Dick' is a fun, funny, sweet movie about two ditsy, excitable teenage girls (Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams) who get wrapped up in the Nixon (Dan Hedaya) Watergate scandal. The secondary cast (Will Ferrell, Dave Foley, Jim Brewer, Ana Gasteyer, Ryan Reynolds, Ted McGinley, Bruce McCulloch) is pretty excellent and hilarious as well. Really, really liked this movie, and it's weird that it isn't more well known. I give this movie 85 tomatoes and only 15 green splats.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

Lastdancer posted:

Hi everyone! I am hoping to get some recommendations for movies that deal with any of the following:
  • A redemption journey arc involving substantial self-reflection and change
  • Losing everything and starting over with a new life
  • Coming to terms with learning to love oneself instead of comparing unrealistically to others

Thanks!

Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

Really wasn't sure what to expect....especially with the poster giving off a pretty dark vibe.....but 'Pig' was great. Not what I thought it was going to be. That's a good thing. Really well written and acted all the way around.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

regulargonzalez posted:

I get into the mood for horror about once a year and that time is now. Looking for something similar to Jacob's Ladder, In the Mouth of Madness, The Empty Man, The Tenant, Repulsion. Reality crumbling, protagonist going insane, that's the vibe I'm looking for. When done right, the viewer is put in the same situation as the protagonist where they're struggling to make sense of everything as well. Inland Empire does this too I guess but I didn't like that one. Maybe I need to give it another try.

Thanks!

Sounds like the movie "Malignant' coming out in theaters and HBO Max on Friday fits that profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I specifically left it open in order to get as wide a variety of responses as possible. Even movies about life on the home front during the war, or civilian life in nazi Germany count.

But only movies. No TV shows.

Any reason for the adverse reaction to Bob? Sure....it's not a movie. In most cases it's far and away better.