Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Yellow Submarine, Captain EO, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Mars Attacks, Back to the Future. And maybe Masters of the Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Army of Darkness (it's not really a zombie movie) or maybe The Matrix Revolutions.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Could anyone recommend any movies set in Northern Canada, Alaska or Greenland?

The Gold Rush, Runaway Train.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

What's a really trippy mystery film? An investigation that just gets weird. Ideally supernatural, but open to straighter stuff.

The Wicker Man, God Told Me To, Cast a Deadly Spell, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I would like a great pre-Star Wars science fiction film. A cynical one that reflects our current hellscape lol. I’ve never seen Logan’s Run, A Boy and His Dog, Soylent Green or any of them. But if something sounds a little more relevant I’d like to hear it.

1968’s Planet of the Apes might’ve set off the pre-Star Wars cynical SF trend, which included movies like Silent Running and the ones you mentioned. There's also The Quatermass Conclusion, which was released as a movie and as a TV mini-series; it came out after Star Wars but was written several years earlier.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 13, 2020

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

massive spider posted:

I’m looking for a “self destructive youth” movie. Think Trainspotting or similar.

Crazed Fruit.

Comedy options are any of the juvenile delinquent films from MST3K: Teen-Age Crime Wave, High School Big Shot, The Violent Years, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

Any fun and/or offbeat good entertainment documentaries? Mostly I've been digging music docs, loved Beastie Boys Story and I Am Thor for example. But I'd also be interested in ones about other entertainers.

I guess another thing that makes a really good doc is one that doesn't just feel like it's going over a career like VH1. Has a little extra character to it.

I'm gonna check out that Zappa one for sure.

Anvil! The Story of Anvil