Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

There needs to be a steroids tag, by the way.

We're at the semifinals of the French Open, the best of the four opens if you're a Rafa Nadal fan, the worst if you're a Roger Federer fan. Those are the only two players people like.

As Josh seems to be MIA and oliwan is still writing his own version of how this year's Champions League played out, it has fallen to me to make a very quick thread because I want to say slanderous things about Djokovic. I'd do this in the tennis thread but I can't loving find it and quite frankly this event deserves it's own thread.

There's tennis today. It's boys.

Tomorrow there's women's tennis but only 2, not 4 like today, but the 4 are boys.

On Sunday Rafa Nadal will win his 28th French open shortly before every ligament he possesses turns to dust.

I don't have any pictures for this op but pretend there is one of Roger Federer kissing the French Open title from like 1997 or whenever it was.

gently caress Novak Djokovic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
gently caress clay

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
At this point I was hoping we'd go the whole tournament without a thread tbh.

But since it's here, I will say I'm very glad about the women's final since both finalists are two of my favorites and it's nice that two creative players with variety and touch knocked out two baseline powerhitters.

And RIP Fed's winstreak vs Rafa, I guess.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
That was everything I hoped it would be.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Well it looks like I am a Big Rafa Fan this Sunday.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Go Thiem.

That is all.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
It looked like there were 20 people in attendance at the Fedal match.

The other 2,499,980 Parisians wisely predicted that lunch was a better option.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
who makes a thread after Roger is out of the tournament anyway :ughh:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just tuned into this and the first thing I see is Djokovic being a huge whining baby bitch and losing the 3rd set lol

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oliwan posted:

I just tuned into this and the first thing I see is Djokovic being a huge whining baby bitch and losing the 3rd set lol

It’s good to have you back.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

why didn’t thiem challenge that

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Yeah that was loving muppetry.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

drat, Thiem. That shot was sexier than a Roger Federer hair sweep.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The wind, and thus god, is on Thiem’s side.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Puckish Rogue posted:

It’s good to have you back.

If I have to see Nadal lift another French open trophy I will leave and never watch this hosed dead sport again

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Love to see djok's whiny fave when the wind is inconveniencing him lol, you know he just finds it so unfair and wants to do a big cry. this is why they call him "the djoker", because of his good-humoured and cheerful demeanor

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
who the gently caress is oppo

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oliwan posted:

If I have to see Nadal lift another French open trophy I will leave and never watch this hosed dead sport again

It’s definitely [non-big four player]’s time THIS time, op.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

*Spain produces the largest ever needle, akin to a space shuttle.*

Never mind I think Nadal may win.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It’s Thiem Time.

*Tim Allen Grunt.*

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Djoker out, tournament saved.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Well, the women’s match was a snuff film.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Yeah that was awful. Vondrousova is miles better than what she brought today, I hope she recovers mentally. :(

Barty is immensely likeable and plays great tennis and I'm very happy for her.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I decided not to make a thread because I thought this tournament would be a snooze. Even the promise of a Fedal semifinal turned out to be a straight set dud, and Djoker losing in the semis means Nadal is going to roll Thiem in straights instead of getting a good fight and possibly an "upset" from Djokovic.

LOL at the women's final being a 1hr 10min smackdown.

Can't wait for Wimbledon in 3 weeks (for which there will definitely be a thread)

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

I decided not to make a thread because I thought this tournament would be a snooze. Even the promise of a Fedal semifinal turned out to be a straight set dud, and Djoker losing in the semis means Nadal is going to roll Thiem in straights instead of getting a good fight and possibly an "upset" from Djokovic.

LOL at the women's final being a 1hr 10min smackdown.

Can't wait for Wimbledon in 3 weeks (for which there will definitely be a thread)

You better bring your A game mister because as you can see not only am I great at threads I now have a taste for it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Puckish Rogue posted:

You better bring your A game mister because as you can see not only am I great at threads I now have a taste for it.
I always bring my A game to SW19

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I wish i was talented enough at anything to drop one sport and go pro in another only to come back to the first thing and win a championship.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

And now for another finals destruction.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It feels like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have been winning all the tournaments for the last 50 years

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

poty posted:

It feels like Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have been winning all the tournaments for the last 50 years

Still got another decade to go.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nachos posted:

gently caress clay

This, OP.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
THe only good thing is that EPO fraud Serena Williams lost after wearing some Nike costume that had "goddess" written on it or something.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I’m reading Thiem beat Nadal on clay in Barcelona earlier this year so it could happen I guess. He’s doing well so far, good match

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Broke him, which was sexy and gives false hope before he is obliterated.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Very good match even

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

This is going to be a 6 hour win in straight sets for nadal

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I grew up playing on clay and that is why it is the best

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

oliwan posted:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Could they maybe give Nadal some uppers in the cocktail too so that he can play a second serve within the minute ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

poty posted:

I’m reading Thiem beat Nadal on clay in Barcelona earlier this year so it could happen I guess. He’s doing well so far, good match

Sorry that I jinxed Thiem, RIP