Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The house is funny but idk why people are so mean about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

warcraft_boyfriend_99 posted:

water pipes, electrical runs, conduit, network cabling, etc. I may be old fashioned but I think without a ceiling it just looks cheap and ridiculous. here is a pic from the vox media walkout day before yesterday as an example.

interviewing at a place like that, one of my first questions would be how they expected to pay my salary if they couldn't even afford to finish the building.

Ideally it is also full of insulation to reduce heating and cooling related energy use. I'm pretty sure it isn't even cost related, but rather that higher ceilings give the impression of more space, which tricks people into feeling slightly less like escaping.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moon Atari posted:

Ideally it is also full of insulation to reduce heating and cooling related energy use. I'm pretty sure it isn't even cost related, but rather that higher ceilings give the impression of more space, which tricks people into feeling slightly less like escaping.

are you the president?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Moon Atari posted:

I've never seen insulation in any of those drop ceilings.

Not having ceiling tiles really does make the office seem more spacious. I moved from an office without ceiling tiles to an office with ceiling tiles a few years ago, and it felt stifling for a long time.

Also, ceiling tiles get stained and no one replaces them.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

water pipes, electrical runs, conduit, network cabling, etc. I may be old fashioned but I think without a ceiling it just looks cheap and ridiculous. here is a pic from the vox media walkout day before yesterday as an example.

interviewing at a place like that, one of my first questions would be how they expected to pay my salary if they couldn't even afford to finish the building.

Ugh gently caress "open" workspaces it's so distracting/impossible to get poo poo done

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

13Pandora13 posted:

Ugh gently caress "open" workspaces it's so distracting/impossible to get poo poo done

imagine a world where you spend nine hours a day writing software that displays mris and ct scans i in a language that was invented to display banner adds and punch the monkey in a room like this. welcome to my hell.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

I've never seen insulation in any of those drop ceilings.

The tiles themselves should be insulation. Mostly sound insulation. Often they are not.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

imagine a world where you spend nine hours a day writing software that displays mris and ct scans i in a language that was invented to display banner adds and punch the monkey in a room like this. welcome to my hell.

learn to code

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Salt Fish posted:

The dude could not have been more self-assured that it was all going to come together. It was like someone who was actively on fire trying to drive themselves to the hospital.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Grover was a smug dickhead, that's why

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

lol the compass arrow being just subtly off

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

ChickenHeart posted:

I can't wait for Grover-esque architecture to finally catch on.

Can you imagine grandeur of a Grover-designed church, or a high-rise apartment complex with Grover-influences? I can already see the fire escapes strategically-positioned by the knee-high windows in every stairwell landing...

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I hate it!

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

*takes multiple choice scantron exam*
*gets more ideas for windows*

that's a funny-rear end post.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Post more Grovervilles.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Oh my god I just realized Groverhaus accidently became a Brutalist style house but with plastic instead of concrete.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

im the splash lighting that makes sure this piece of poo poo is visible 24/7

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

That looks much better, htbh. It looks much less like it's gonna eat your soul and leave you with nothing but crippling alcoholism.

You most be one of those few weirdos that hate brutalism.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Forcing you to heil hitler as you walk down the stairs

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I found some lost grover pics:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

No way, Groverhaus was the one that had the indoor pool?!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Amicus curiae posted:

big dicks are bigly overrated. give me the oblong windows and paying off the housing inspector any day

https://youtu.be/7-f3MALtO0Q

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Bananana posted:

I'm pretty sure it was not.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Grover had a lot of things going on besides his house. He was an Iraq War cheerleader and made famously idiotic predictions about how well it would turn out, he thought his government contracting job entitled him to some sort of "support our troops" style respect, he was a lovely mod, and he was just an all around dumbass.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Bananana posted:

no, it's not, the basement pool predates groverhaus by years

god those people are all probably in their 40s by now

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Also if I remember right the biggest thing wrong with his lovely work was that the way he built the roof was structurally unsound.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Also if I remember right the biggest thing wrong with his lovely work was that the way he built the roof was structurally unsound.

whats trusses, precious?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Loden Taylor posted:

Grover had a lot of things going on besides his house. He was an Iraq War cheerleader and made famously idiotic predictions about how well it would turn out, he thought his government contracting job entitled him to some sort of "support our troops" style respect, he was a lovely mod, and he was just an all around dumbass.

You're mixing him up with the guy that got bengahzi'd by hillary.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Which grover project turned out worse? His hand built house, or his goon funded hotdog stand?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Salt Fish posted:

Grover posted:

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They're load-bearing civilians

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Grover was kind of a huge loving prick, and set him self up bigly to be thrown to the wolves when he lost the blue star!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Salt Fish posted:

I don't remember Vilerat being like that but I could be wrong.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

the wrongest post ever folks

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

the cheap knock off "Aeron" style chairs probably aren't much fun to sit in either, but maybe thats not too Groverhaus since it matches the lovely, uncomfortable look of the rest of the place.

Those chairs are the very expensive Sayl by Herman Miller.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Riot Bimbo posted:

Grover was kind of a huge loving prick, and set him self up bigly to be thrown to the wolves when he lost the blue star!!!

Pretty much this. He'd wade into a debate, and ban people for "mod sass" if they disagreed with his horrible opinions. Like was mentioned before, even alluding to Groverhaus was enough to get you banned.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Moon Atari posted:

So that they can write thinkpieces like “Spongebob is over now but it’s influence will carry on for years, and why that’s great news for Elizabeth Warren”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

shame on an IGA posted:

whats trusses, precious?

Wow, I'm not an expert, but that just plain doesn't look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

shame on an IGA posted:

whats trusses, precious?

Can a carpenter break the errors in this image down into a funny for us please?