Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
What a loving tease that final scene was. I'll take it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
To be honest, ever since season 2 the series has had trouble with wanting to do too much stuff in one season. It's why the first season is still my favorite, it's just so tight(except for the bit where they decided to let Hibiki live after having killed her off in the first episode, obviously). Every scene has purpose, even if you don't realize it at first - "Ryoko" talking to Hibiki and Miku about love comes to mind. At the same time, the story is simple enough that there's never any time crunch or dangling plot threads, though the storytelling can be a bit janky at times, like the bit where Tsubasa wants to fight Hibiki, then it cuts forwards in time and then flashes back again. The other seasons are more spectacular but less tightly woven in comparison.

Overall I'm still happy to have watched it all though. It was fun. Beating the last boss not with a punch but with a hug is very Bikki.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The rainbow flower shenshou jing hug was a better executed version of the same thing though.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

You can never have too many hugs

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Hi I finally finished this too and also did the thing like other sad people where I looked back on my life and it got a lot better in the past 7 years. :unsmith: that's my story, bye

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The mobile game is getting a global English release.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

That's absolutely excellent, but oh no that means I have to start over

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Oh nooo I'm gonna play it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

OHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now I have to actually stop caring about my JP account and play the version I can read because the cutscenes seem fun!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I had like 3/4 autoscorers on JP, too

and sadly not the only one that matters

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Goodbye level 70 synchro.

pls goons do not spend money on XDU.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
But I have Google cash from that survey app

Speaking of which I sure hope Android gets this poo poo at the same time

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The game is out. It's really cool finally seeing everything in English.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm so glad

Make sure to level a lot of your Best Girl Chris'

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 14, 2020

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Here's my friend code folks 328889946

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Some people to add would be good, my support screen is/was stuck and wouldn't update. I needed around with the game on JP and basically had it worked out, so hopefully I'll be more inclined to stick around since I can get more out of the stories. Some of the event stuff seemed to have some fantastic nonsense going by the visuals alone.

Friend ID is 204037261

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I tried putting in my name (Anthony) and it told me it was inappropriate. tf?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I tried putting in my name (Anthony) and it told me it was inappropriate. tf?

It might be an overzealous word filter-like it might have picked up the ho in your name :shrug:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Guess they're borrowing Dark Souls' word filter.

Also, uhhhhhhh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Can't wait to get Miku as a unit so I can pair them up in game to complete the happy couple

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Guess they're borrowing Dark Souls' word filter.

Also, uhhhhhhh:

You know, the funny thing about that scene is that it occurs before Hibiki activates her symphogear for the first time :mmmhmm:

Also I wonder if there's any way to report typos to the translation staff to fix?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe she's just drunk

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Hibiki doing her Connery impressions again.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I watched the whole series over the past couple of weeks. My review is that I'm way too in love with it to give it a sober review just yet. It consistently made me tear up with joy at least once per season. I have a very specific weakness for climactic showdowns between magical girls and final bosses, which it exploits with uncanny precision.

Is there a responsible way of listening to the songs that doesn't involve ordering potentially dozens of CDs from Japan? The OPs are all on Spotify, but none of the character songs are, that I could see.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FractalSandwich posted:

I watched the whole series over the past couple of weeks. My review is that I'm way too in love with it to give it a sober review just yet. It consistently made me tear up with joy at least once per season. I have a very specific weakness for climactic showdowns between magical girls and final bosses, which it exploits with uncanny precision.

Is there a responsible way of listening to the songs that doesn't involve ordering potentially dozens of CDs from Japan? The OPs are all on Spotify, but none of the character songs are, that I could see.

Download the phone game, Spmphogear DX. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the songs are in there, though you'll have to unlock some of them. There's an english release now, and there's a bunch of alternative universe/what if stories that are really cool and interesting to give you more content to chew through with the characters, which is really fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

the game has most of the songs as unlockable, yeah, plus some new songs. some of the writing in the mobile game is pretty decent, too. terrible gameplay tho

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

the game has most of the songs as unlockable, yeah, plus some new songs. some of the writing in the mobile game is pretty decent, too. terrible gameplay tho

It really is a shame, everything about it is really nice except the combat.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's probably the weakest of the Mobage's I've played but I'm going to keep doing events cause crazy AU's are like my thing and the Miku event was just amazing

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man. That's a tough sell. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll check it out.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Kinda wish they just copied FGO cuz the only thing stopping me from playing that 24/7 is running out of AP.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

XDU Global is already goddamned dead

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of XDU crossover events

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1264136558736748544

Hyped for Fate and Tsubasa team up though really should of been StrikerS for Subaru to team up or fight Hibiki

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1277154362394120192

Hibiki finally proposed! :kimchi:

Now I really wish the mobile game wasn't a chore to play and actually caught on in English

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/status/1291449540155826176?s=19

I never expected to get to own a physical release, hopefully they get the licenses for the rest of the seasons too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh poo poo, gonna have to pick that up.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I owe it to this crazy series to at least buy the first, hypest, season. I also have a Chris keychain and a symphogear mug.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, as long as it's not ridiculously expensive I'll probably buy it as a gift to myself for the holidays.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1305694568608706560

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1305695419331092481

Discotek knows who their audience is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gamers_no_gema/status/1305523029426937857

I'm hoping i don't have to pay Ebay prices to get one of these