Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Miku better get a gear again or else I'll riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I just want her XDU special gear animated and also her and Hibiki to punch things at their wedding

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Happy Symphogear day, battle songs are subbed on Crunchyroll :woop:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

Combo attack for Hibiki and Maria was good, and that's definitely going to be Fine somehow.

Maybe this is all to tie into XDU's timeline than...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The opening and direction this season seems to be a bit higher as the ship action scene had all sorts of neat visual flair

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To be honest it's not a bad localization choice and pretty on brand for Kirika

Also it's not just the animation that's got some extra polish but the direction also got some extra touch well. The action scenes/concert stuff all interesting layouts and tricks usually saved for movies like Nanoha or big Precure mid season/end of season fights

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Least shocking main villain reveal ever but happy for it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was thinking if they wanted to at least explain Millarc's actions in the concert attack than They could have the concert attack be done on the orders of Fudo in exchange for blood

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Wasn't expecting powered up form this episode but its welcome. Also looks like the main plot is gonna be SONG vs the government with what ever the heck Fudou is as the main bad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If the final episode isn't 15 minutes of the main cast punching bad dad I'll be super upset

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Still going to be worried for the next week even though I'm pretty sure how it turns out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Miku is a main character in the mobage so she should be save right? RIGHT? She should be until Fudou sticks the gauntlet on her

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I love Symphogear but it's rushed pace to get to fights always short changes a lot of neat character stuff which is why I will probably rank it behind Nanoha which usually gets the time for neat character stuff

Also Miku is okay but I like 100% more worried for her now :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Worry for Miku is growing also Autorscorers back yay though I hope not just for one episode also Elfnein mad!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/michiyo_murase/status/1162774834184511488?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I swear the staff has a list of things that fans have requested and are just using it to plot this season

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just lean even more into grandpa being a super villain show!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of figured Miku would of got her Mobage gear this way but it still sucks. But Carol and Elfnein best team
Also Symmetrical docking is back baby

Having to wait a week is mean

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Noble Red has a weird dynamic in that you want them to lose to Symphogears cause they have been totally evil to them but you still want them to come out okay in the end or help beat the bad guy cause they are such under dogs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Befriend shem-ha so that It has a part of grandads beating

I really expect this to get wrapped up in 2 episodes given the original one only last 2 episodes and this season has had a brisk pace and also heck yeah everyone needs to beat up Fudou

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fudou's been an rear end from the start though and everyone really wanted him to be taken down a peg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next episode preview is up and Grandpa's smile is infectious

https://www.symphogear-xv.com/next/XVnext09.php

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bad dad being back kinda of dragged this episode down. Would of been happy if he didn't come back

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Symphogear vs Nanoha vs Precure in a world cup of hockey k please thanks

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Well I think at the end of this episode that the only member of Noble Red that's going to get a chance to turn is Elza. She got a befriend-ing speech from Shirabe and Kiraka, and also before the fight said that she would follow what Vanessa feels is right not knowing that Vanessa herself is too far gone (her line to Hibiki that everyone must become monsters to belong is a good sign that Vanessa is like Millarc in that she can't be saved)

Also Kiraka and Shiraba are totally great Soul Calibur edits here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One side of the moon has a Precure fight happening and one side has a Symphogear fight waiting to happen. Don't be on the moon!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The info dump felt very much like an info dump in a jrpg but the final fight and Stereo Frakensteiner by Millarc was cool

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

I had to stop halfway through this episode to muse how this all might work when they get around to putting Symphogear in Super Robot Wars.

Given we just had Rayearth in Nanoha and Symphogear have to be included in a SRW sok right?!?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Noble Red is so incompetent and constantly getting dunked on you almost feel sorry for them.

Then you remember they murdered 70,000 people just for kicks and you're like naaaaah.

They're certainly an interesting villain trio to follow, that's for sure.

I suspect while they won't die Millaarc and Vanessa will end up in Jail or in space Jail. The only I still getting a full face turn is Elsa

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

I think noble red just killed a ton of people as a weak callback to season 1 and that plot point would have been better off dropped because it wasnt needed for tsubasas character arc and it just made noble red hard to click with, and it feels like the writing has already forgotten about it

Yeah, I get the feeling it's this. Symphogear is about big moments and sometimes the small moments get lost which feels like is what happened to Noble Red

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I liked the ending but series was messy as all Symphogears tend to be. I also wish we got more of an epilogue and that makes some of the wasted time in earlier episodes stand out more

But Hibiki/Miku strong and this also pretty much sets up the mobage plot too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I got my wish of Miku in mobage gear and fighting even if they waited a bit too long for my tastes so I was happy

Actually the ending felt like a Precure ending in that they had to rush stuff and welp a lot stuff for the non main cast didn't get enough time. Hope we get movies and stuff just isn't left to the mobage that coward Kidani won't release in English

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The third season is still the weakest by far thanks to bad dad and too much Ver. Carol really couldn't save it from those flaws

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bad Dad is terrible and this seasons attempts to redeem him fell completely flat for me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/CassKaasan/status/1178036571116720128

Nana Mizuki's powers are strong

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Noble Red had a interesting hook, which is Human's who became monsters trying to become human again. While on that journey they got tempted with the power of monsters and some decided to become full monsters for a bit. It's just the show didn't spend much time on it cause it had so much it had to do this season (which is one of the main issues I have with the season)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Can't wait to get Miku as a unit so I can pair them up in game to complete the happy couple

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's probably the weakest of the Mobage's I've played but I'm going to keep doing events cause crazy AU's are like my thing and the Miku event was just amazing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of XDU crossover events

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1264136558736748544

Hyped for Fate and Tsubasa team up though really should of been StrikerS for Subaru to team up or fight Hibiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/YameteTomete/status/1277154362394120192

Hibiki finally proposed! :kimchi:

Now I really wish the mobile game wasn't a chore to play and actually caught on in English