Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

E: Also Hibiki the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

EdgyCoffeeMug posted:

confession: i've used symphogear as workout music on more than one occasion.

No shame

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That's definitely up there with AXZ's first ep for raw satisfaction. God I love Symphogear. Choreography was great, love the new songs, Hibiki's new henshin is ridiculously badass.

Miku definitely still feels like she's just a burden on Hibiki et all and that is 100000 percent going to be one of the last hurdles we have to clear.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Combo attack for Hibiki and Maria was good, and that's definitely going to be Fine somehow.

Oh I kinda assumed it was Prologue Man, but that definitely makes more sense.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jyudo_fu/status/1147542596878659587

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's really cool to see how good the production was in this ep so soon after rewatching S1. Show's come a long way from those mildly janky days - now we're probably not quite at the level of technical proficiency of something like Mob Psycho or Fire Force, but we're sure holding our own all right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That episode was extremely good and also I hate it.

Leave Tsubasa alone you motherfuckers, she was having a great date with Maria and everything.

The production values continue to shine, too. The performance scene and the fight right after were both excellent.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 13, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also it's probably reasonably safe to assume that Milaarc isn't going to be making much of a face-turn after this, right? Show can be pretty forgiving, sure, but it's never been forgiving enough to cover "I murdered a stadium full of 100 thousand people in order to cause one person emotional trauma".

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Every second Evil Grampa Kazanari spends on screen leaves me more convinced that he's gonna be our True Villain.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anime delays are (basically) good, I've decided.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tweet with slight spoilers: https://twitter.com/zoidzero1/status/1150165846720950274

What the hell did they do in Kirika's scrapped henshin?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I gotta say, I do appreciate this season immediately slamming its cards on the table and going "hey, this season's gonna have a lot of Tsubasa content motherfuckers." Feels like she hasn't done much of substance since S1, outside of GX's Bad Dad Adventures.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Millaarc's actions here....might be the most vile single act any villain's committed in the series to date? Like other villains might have more cumulative blood or pain on their hands, but as far as one big shot goes, Millaarc's gotta at least be the worst we've seen from anyone besides Adam, and Adam got punched until he exploded.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Adam did also not kill innocents on screen to spite the heroes for fun.

He was an implied pedophile and serial fedora wearer, tho :v:

To be very slightly fair to Millaarc, I imagine her goal was to make Tsubasa vulnerable to whatever her mind-whammy thing is. Maybe they're trying to read her mind, or make a sleeper agent out of her, or neutralize an enemy she outright said she can't beat in a straight fight. I'm sure it'll come back up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dzhay posted:

On villains: other than Adam, they've pretty much all got to do a last-minute heroic sacrifice type thing. Even Carol, who probably had the highest kill count (though she did fry her brain first).

And Maria/Kirika/Shirabe, ofc.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

Milaarc sounds too much like Kasumi from BanG Dream! and it's very disturbing.

That's because she is, in fact, Kasumi from BanG Dream.

It is with great regret that I must announce that Kasumi is now cancelled for war crimes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

I knew that already. My point is that she sounds exactly like Kasumi doing monstrous and horrific things, as opposed to Aoi Yuuki, which I can more easily parse as being distinct from other characters she plays like Madoka and Iris.

Oh lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, it's probably mostly a thematic thing, if it's intentional at all. Can't possibly be the same person unless they're being liberal as gently caress with their portrayal here, it's been like 2 years at most.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/M_hisashi/status/1151511441796526081

This fanart is amazing and also upsetting

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Today's episode was pretty fun. Bit of a breather relative to the first two, which suits me just fine after how much adrenaline those two kicked up.

The end-of-episode reveal wasn't remotely surprising aside from the fact that we've gotten to it already.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let Maria do the honors, IMO

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought she was a Frankenstein, not a Vampire

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Noble Red is the name of their group, so Millarc at least fits.

Ohhh, I initially thought Vanessa was nicknaming herself, but that makes sense.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Presumably the attack was on grand dad's orders to get under Tsubasa's skin, as that's just about the only way I feel they can try to justify mercing that one girl in such an over the top way. Which if they do go that route I'm not sure how I feel about that because, it's still just way too much of a crazy amount of death for them to go "well it was under orders, so...". It's never like, been a huge problem but how cavalier Symphogear has often been with civilian casualties has always bothered me to a certain extent.

It wouldn't be enough to justify Milaarc, like, suddenly being everyone's friend in 6 eps or whatever, but it's enough to make me feel at least a little bad for her if we assume Evil Grandad is coercing her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really hope that this is all leading to Racism being the True Final Boss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I don't know if the show will follow up on this or not but there was a really good shot of Miku looking quite aghast at the news reporting of the casualties, then to her overhearing Hibiki's bubbly telephone conversation*, almost with a "how can you be so cheerful / how is this just accepted as normal" sort of reaction.

*It was tell her mother that she was still alive though so it'd be make sense that she'd try to cheer her up

Yeah I don't really think that was the angle at all. Putting on a front and not letting her hurt show has been a part of Bikky's character since day one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I really do wonder why anyone keeps going to those concerts when nothing but bad poo poo keeps happening at them.

She had a good concert midway through S1! And I don't think anyone died at her shows in G (FIS specifically promised not to harm anyone as long as they all played ball with their announcement, and kept to it) or GX (attack happened after the show).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah I'm begining to think that Noble Red might turn Face after all. They've already been pretty soundly beaten and Fudou's already seemingly revealed himself both to the audience and the Gears.

Very curious to see what next episode brings.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe Miku's going to become a villain because Hibiki can't stay faithful even in a fight. :negative:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Maria also has the coolest attacks, and I noticed that her transformation had the season 1 silhouette thing as well.

They're all supposed to have that, it's just been trimmed from a few because of runtime concerns IIRC. Gonna be back in the BD releases.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Easily my second favorite after Bikky's.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Welp, can't believe Miku's loving dead, big RIP

Strong episode, lots going on and I like most of it. Granpa Dad's moving slightly slower and more cautiously than I expected him to but that's probably for the best. Tsubasa is Extremely Cool even when Extremely Not Okay. Hibiki is a bad girlfriend but she's trying to do better.

My Big Official Symphogear XV Henshin Ranking:
1.)Tsubasa
2.)Hibiki
3.)Maria
4.)Chris
5.)Kirika
6.)Shirabe

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpiritusNox15/status/1157731451732922371

So good...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Symphogear Experience

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Obviously at the end there Carol woke up and killed that Vampire.

Okay I'm pretty sure you're joking here but something like this would actually super own now that I think of it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah it's the Chateau - although I also thought it was the remains of Kadangir at first glance.

In other news I watched the episode again and I think this is Tsubasa's best song since S1 by a pretty hefty margin. The enka background chants are so good...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Sandman posted:

So how many more episodes until a living Custodian shows up? Kind of seems like they should be more of a presence than a dust pile and a fancy bracelet if they're supposed to be the Biggest Bads of the Franchise.

I'm not entirely sure Fudou isn't one - or something close to one, at least. Remember they had that scene with him grabbing Milaarc to establish him as supernaturally strong, and then when you throw in his ominous lines about reincarnation and poo poo and there's plenty of reason to think he's some sort of Freaky Space Person.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

and we know Fudo was alive during World War 2

Oh, I'd forgotten that specific detail.

Makes his character rather more pointed, doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Such an unbalanced relationship...