Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, didn't the promo material basically say that Vanessa was completely in over her head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I've been playing God Eater 3, and I have to ask - how much cross-pollination is there between that franchise and Symphogear? Because it feels extremely Symphogear.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Definitely getting the impression that Millaarc has nominated herself as her team's designated war criminal. She feels like she's decided that she's definitely a monster, but her friends don't have to be.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Nanoha StrikerS (which was a significant inspiration for Symphogear) also does it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

You know, thinking about this season so far, it's really bold of an anime made in 2019 to have the primary antagonist be quite literally an ultra-radical Japanese nationalist/militarist. It's absolutely not a new theme in anime but it's rarely so on the nose.

I liked how that one scientist in the lab Noble Red raided did that big mad-scientist rant about how it was the American dream to murder gods, and it placed him firmly on the side of the good guys.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sindai posted:

Agree with everyone on there being too many main characters for a franchise with one cour seasons.

But more importantly, did that guy actually say "show me the end of the world" while looking at Chris's butt and if so, why

He clearly believes that Chris has a world-tier end, and hell,

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This seems like setup so Miku and Hibiki can deliver a combination attack with a display of friendship so platonic that it gets banned for obscenity in several countries.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I would assume Tsubasa has to factor in somewhere, but I sure can't figure out how

Not ruling out that her creepy dad is going to try bodyjacking her.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/max_tevo/status/1165947679064645632?s=21

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given we just had Rayearth in Nanoha and Symphogear have to be included in a SRW sok right?!?

Rayearth is just a more shoujo Dunbine. It's not off the beaten track in the same way, that, say, Cowboy Bebop is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

iospace posted:

Hibiki wants her girlfriend back.

Yesterday.

But she's still going to grab Chris inappropriately in the meantime.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

That and we've got a dangling plot point of "the villain is an immortal memetic virus corrupting all of humanity" and Shenshojing's entire thing is purifying things, so....

Hibiki and Miku are going to do a Unison, and it will be one of the gayest scenes ever animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
There have actually been a couple of shows with on-screen gay kisses that weren't overtly advertised as yuri. Bodacious Space Pirates and Sword Art Online Alternative come to mind.