Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I was hoping for more S1 callbacks, but not like that :stare:

It's a bit of a change in formula that it's the second episode that really nails you to the chair instead of the action-packed first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I don't really know anything about hockey, but I'd say:

Shirabe - Maria - Tsubasa
Kirika - Hibiki
Chris

Shirabe and Tsubasa are both fast, Shirabe is a skilled skater but also very lightweight, Maria is the largest and heaviest of the team and probably a competent enough skater.
Kirika and Hibiki are two blonde idiots who don't mind throwing themselves at the opponent but I wouldn't trust them to be very accurate when shooting.
Chris is the least athletic of the group so she gets the fat kid position. Though to be fair to her she did manage to barely keep up with the others in the G training montage.

But again, I don't really know much anything about hockey.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
To be honest, ever since season 2 the series has had trouble with wanting to do too much stuff in one season. It's why the first season is still my favorite, it's just so tight(except for the bit where they decided to let Hibiki live after having killed her off in the first episode, obviously). Every scene has purpose, even if you don't realize it at first - "Ryoko" talking to Hibiki and Miku about love comes to mind. At the same time, the story is simple enough that there's never any time crunch or dangling plot threads, though the storytelling can be a bit janky at times, like the bit where Tsubasa wants to fight Hibiki, then it cuts forwards in time and then flashes back again. The other seasons are more spectacular but less tightly woven in comparison.

Overall I'm still happy to have watched it all though. It was fun. Beating the last boss not with a punch but with a hug is very Bikki.