Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
strongly suspect that people who get enjoyment from hurting animals when they can get away with it generally have the same mentality toward humans and should probably be thrown into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this is the undercover expose i want to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANHjRWShHvE

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

If you can recognize that it is cruel to drag and hit them you should also be able to recognize that it is cruel to slaughter them. scooby doo running sound effect plays as brain immediately scrambles to rationalise that part away.
its possible to kill an animal via utterly painless methods or through means that are so fast there is no opportunity for the animal to suffer
get personal politics out of here

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 8, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

Is killing something that would rather live not cruel in and of itself, even if not especially painful?

Do you think capitalist industry would bother to reliably achieve such carefully executed murder? Even in terms of how the human workers are treated it seems like one of the least ethical or regulated industries.
having children is abuse. end life

yes. male chicks are killed by hundreds a day falling asleep in a co2 chamber. the captive bolt pistol that can kill something virtually instantly has been the blockbuster movie accessory of choice for the past decade. everyone but you knows about these things probably

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 8, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

Actively killing something and reproducing despite the inevitability of death are incredibly, overwhelmingly and obviously different. If your morality genuinely couldn't distinguish between giving birth and murdering a child you would be completely dysfunctional.
im talking to the guy who both conflates all killing with torture and who apparently doesnt understand how to use context well enough to relate what i said to what i was responding to and instead takes it in isolation

Moon Atari posted:

Literally every bit of footage that has ever emerged from slaughter houses looks bad
good footage doesnt leak just like cars not crashing doesnt make the news

Moon Atari posted:

I'm not even advocating veganism, just moral honesty. It's weak ethical character to lie to yourself or accept cheap comforting fantasy like you're a kid believing your parents when they tell you your dog went to live on a nice farm somewhere.
you could advocate moral honesty and call people out about almost anything in any thread instead of jumping on this thread with your veganism stuff. in denying that you just now surrendered moral honesty and ethical character

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Put all cows in the electric chair
whoa whoa slow down edison

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

sweet geek swag posted:

That was an elephant that edison killed. I guess it was like a big cow.
thank you for this useful correction but how did you get the reference what with it being an elephant not a cow?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

sweet geek swag posted:

:rolleyes:

I was being glib. I just like reminding people the Edison was a tremendous rear end in a top hat who electrocuted an elephant.
i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we need those cattle to eat more vegetables. im getting vitamin deficiencies over here