Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CrazyLoon posted:

Some of the poo poo he pulled off with hamon is completely Looney Tunes (not to mention poo poo like his grenade trick), but his final fight in Battle Tendency will forever be my favorite final boss fight, because rather than being an asspull I found it to be hilariously insane luck + shittalking like a pro.

Hamon is no crazier than any of the poo poo Stands do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Who What Now posted:

Hamon is no crazier than any of the poo poo Stands do.

There's always some kind of flimsy reasoning that I can stretch (very heavily) for why Stands do their poo poo TBH, once it's explained what each stand can do and your mind is within that frame of reference. But please explain to me how hamon can link up falling icicles within a split second in a wide radius into a solid line, onto which a falling Joseph can grab and not slide off into the chasm like a dumbass. Cause I can't think of a single force affected by hamon as capable of doing that lmao.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Water is especially conductive of Hamon, so frozen water would be easily manipulateble too

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

So after watching Jojo I thought that Guile from Street Fighter was inspired by von Stroheim... But apparently the inspiration for him was Polnareff?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It was 100% Stroheim, Capcom just doesn't want to admit they based him off of a Nazi

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm a JoJo

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Putty posted:

Let's cut to the chase here does a horse have a stand.
No, but the horse is a key element to defeating the bad guy. Like, they couldn't have done it with a high shelf or a car. They specifically needed the horse to win.

Jon Joe posted:

I'm a JoJo
Allow me to greet you in the language of your people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzD1Ko7fFeo&t=85s

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's fun to look at JoJo discussions because most of the time people are imagining they'd have awesome stands like Despacito or All Star or Mambo no 5 or something. Bet most of them would get stuff like Why Don't You Get a Job.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My Stand would be「Beat It」and it's stand power would be to jerk my enemies off.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
this seasons intros/outros & music are dog poo poo compared to previous seasons...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My stand would be one of those "I get your soul if I win this game" stands but it only works for some lovely euro game about scandavian trade that no one actually plays

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
「I Like Big Butts」

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfAyOFUdEY

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's fun to look at JoJo discussions because most of the time people are imagining they'd have awesome stands like Despacito or All Star or Mambo no 5 or something. Bet most of them would get stuff like Why Don't You Get a Job.
「ALL  I  CAN  DO  IS  CRY」

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

wane tendo posted:

this seasons intros/outros & music are dog poo poo compared to previous seasons...

The lack of 3D makes me feel the production value went up, but I agree the music isn't superb.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

most of them would be the dudes who get hit by the magic stand arrow thing and just die like they got shot by a regular arrow

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I really liked the fighting gold opening I thought it was a good Bond homage

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
this part tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLyRpGKWXRs

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Stefan Prodan posted:

I really liked the fighting gold opening I thought it was a good Bond homage

I get that, but the violins and the refrain honestly remind me more of the music played at those older Formula One racing vids or such. Everytime the guy says 'Fighting Gold' I swear I can hear a racecar drive by in my head or at least see NumberOnePoster's AV.

Also... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA0CR08-H7k

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 12, 2019

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
also, music might be up to taste tbh, since it's more modern-sounding than previous ones, but the sound design is easily the best of any of the seasons.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the one with young joseph was the best one

number two i think, with the oily musclegods

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its funny the guy who makes it went from being into huge muscle men to twinks

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jose posted:

its funny the guy who makes it went from being into huge muscle men to twinks

He's following what the market wants

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

CrazyLoon posted:

also, music might be up to taste tbh, since it's more modern-sounding than previous ones, but the sound design is easily the best of any of the seasons.

Yeah I like Fighting Gold but not in the same way or scale as for example Bloody Stream. They're both good but I prefer the latter in terms of style.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

muscles are better than twinks

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just started watching it a couple weeks ago and finally got to season 3 with Jotaro. I actually liked season 1 so I was pleased to hear it only gets better from there. Making a sympathetic Nazi in season 2 was questionable but it was originally written in the 90s so whatever, I guess.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Detective No. 27 posted:

Making a sympathetic Nazi in season 2 was questionable but it was originally written in the 90s so whatever, I guess.

Sekai Ichiiiiii

but yea...the series is p adamant that as bad as nazis are (as demonstrated in Mexico), ancient vampire gods are still worse, which might disqualify that season from viewing for a lot of peeps here.

Not me tho, 2nd favorite season of all to be sure.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i wish to be as strong as joseph, and cry so incredibly manly when my gay true love dies because bubbles dont beat vampire

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

muscles are better than twinks

What about muscle twinks?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Who What Now posted:

What about muscle twinks?

no stubble no strong jawline no likey

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
posting this guy's pretty good jojo custom title for this jojo thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=177605

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
young Joseph is one of the best JoJos. He's outclassed in every fight he gets into so he wins by bullshitting.

The best JoJo series is 4 tho. Shame the comic never had a great translation (what a beautiful duwang!) but the anime is fuckin tight. And I hate anime.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
speaking of part 4, its the series where the author transitioned from muscleman to twink. Phone posting so no pics but it's worth comparing drawings of Josuke at the start of his story to him at the end.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Stefan Prodan posted:

posting this guy's pretty good jojo custom title for this jojo thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=177605

Thank you

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm convinced JoJo's bizarre adventure doesn't actually exist, and it's just one long calvinball style in-joke that the rest of the internet is in on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
alien or stand user?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Okuyasu is the best sidekick, he is a pure and special boy and I love him like a retarded son.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

alien or stand user?

he's a mindwiped Kars that crash landed back to Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWreHiN_E-Q