Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

A minor plot point that I love is that in between parts 1 and 2 a zombie managed to become a high ranking officer in the RAF with no one noticing.

we're talking British military leadership here, probly fit right in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Where did the pillar men get all those vampires? Did Kars make Wammu hand out fliers to prospective vampire?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Wired Beck is not exactly a reliable source of information, but it's assumed that Straits, who's the very first opponent of Joseph, turning into a vampire after his initial encounter and fascination with Dio is likely responsible for most of them, then when the Pillar Men got resurrected they just flocked to them. But yea, it's kinda not explained too well at all and Araki likely forgot.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 23, 2019

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Awaken My Masters!

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I thought part 1 was dull and part 2 was just okay. But holy poo poo is part 3 great. I like that they keep it somewhat grounded by showing how loving weird the characters are compared to average people.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CrazyLoon posted:

Wired Beck is not exactly a reliable source of information, but it's assumed that Straits, who's the very first opponent of Joseph, turning into a vampire after his initial encounter and fascination with Dio is likely responsible for most of them, then when the Pillar Men got resurrected they just flocked to them. But yea, it's kinda not explained too well at all and Araki likely forgot.
The objectively best moments are when the reader realizes Araki forgot something. Except when he doesn't and Jotaro dies the exact same way the book says he does, a decade after the fact

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I thought part 1 was dull and part 2 was just okay. But holy poo poo is part 3 great. I like that they keep it somewhat grounded by showing how loving weird the characters are compared to average people.

remember where kakyoin had a magic paintbrush that could hurt people

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/kungyami/status/1142440646088757248

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://twitter.com/lautaro_martyn/status/1112860717521272840?s=19

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CrazyLoon posted:

For all his style, Araki was not a perfect writer before SBR.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Where did the pillar men get all those vampires? Did Kars make Wammu hand out fliers to prospective vampire?

They had stone masks they probably just made them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
look no further than dio's coffin at the start of part 3. keeping all the details consistent obviously isn't araki's biggest priority. it's not really a big deal most of the time.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

How To Enjoy Fist of the North Star

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Remember when Jotaro gets The World and then proceeds to get his rear end kicked by every single villain in part 4 including a stand using rat?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Remember when Jotaro gets The World and then proceeds to get his rear end kicked by every single villain in part 4 including a stand using rat?

...and then ended part 4 by essentially killstealing (I know it was actually the ambulance, but shut up) the final boss from Koichi, who could've easily kept him pinned while Joskue got himself together to Dora him. The rat episode was cool tho.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jotaro's just not very good at using time stop. however, three seconds of stopped time also aren't nearly as useful for him as they were for dio. having a short range stand matters a lot less when you are superhumanly fast. jotaro simply can't move anywhere in that span of time, so he's limited to using it defensively unless someone comes into star platinum's range. that's pretty much his win condition regardless of time stop.

it does kind of suck that this means he gets chumped over and over throughout part 4 and to a lesser extent in 6, though.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I still refuse to believe that Joseph would ever lose in a game of cheating.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Shadow0 posted:

I still refuse to believe that Joseph would ever lose in a game of cheating.

Young Joseph, never...but old Joseph that's past his prime is...well...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I read part 7 its good.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

It's tradition to show up in the next series and then lose every fight, out of curtesy, to the next generation

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Putty posted:

I read part 7 its good.

despite part 6 being the next part and part 8 being ongoing, part 7 is the one that's been getting everyone's attention
the comments sections for fleetwood mack's tusk and for dirty deeds done dirt cheap and ball breaker seem far more jojofied than part 6 or part 8 related songs.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

*the mods lurk in the shadows, hanzo steel at the ready, waiting for someone to say anime is for pedophiles*

wouldnt that just entice the mods to watch anime

edit: i got so excited to make this joke i didnt even realize theres 7 pages and people already beating me to the punch....

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 11, 2019

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

awaken my monsters!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to watch JoJo's Normal Adventures first and then level up if I like it

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

despite part 6 being the next part and part 8 being ongoing, part 7 is the one that's been getting everyone's attention
the comments sections for fleetwood mack's tusk and for dirty deeds done dirt cheap and ball breaker seem far more jojofied than part 6 or part 8 related songs.

I don't know anything about part 6 except westerners don't like it that much

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hemingway To Go! posted:

the comments sections for fleetwood mack's tusk and for dirty deeds done dirt cheap Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price and ball breaker seem far more jojofied than part 6 or part 8 related songs.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Part six is incredible and I won't hear otherwise.

I think with a lot of parts there's a feeling out process where one doesn't know if the part'll be good or not until one particular jojofight just clicks.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
"part 6 is bad" is a meme and people who say that will say they liked it all along once it gets animated

not sure about part 8, poo poo's weird

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I'm not much involved in the fan scene, memes run through my fingers like the sands of time.

I'm expecting a lot of op/ed columns from forbes or Kotaku or whatever praising part 6's inclusive primarily female cast to the predominantly male centric JoJo universe. I say it like it's a bad thing, but only from the misguided perspective of a guy who read the manga ages ago (as in "you should know this already, writer!", the sort you probably shouldn't listen to ranting anyway)

Part 8 continues to baffle me. While I just said there's always a moment where things come together, it hasn't really arrived. My opinion is that the longer chapters are messing with the flow of things.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It was always Part 5 I heard was bad, but then it turns out that was just because the original English translation was really bad and now that it's got a modicum of effort in it's English release people like it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Putty posted:

I don't know anything about part 6 except westerners don't like it that much

its great op and thye probably just hate the jojo is a woman

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I have a buddy who's one of the few people who dislikes part 7, though he likes the final stretch; he said something along the lines of "Ironically it got better after they killed off the best character"

He also really likes part 6 except for the ending

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

its great op and thye probably just hate the jojo is a woman

Jolene is the second best JoJo behind young Joseph

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Hemingway To Go! posted:

not sure about part 8, poo poo's weird

I need to finish part 8 but the Paper Moon King arc was :wtc: enough to make me drop it when I first tried to read it. I've heard it gets better immediately after that once they introduce the Rock Humans, so maybe I should give it another shot.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

So did Wim Hof nick his hyperventilation breathing technique from baron zeppeli or what

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So does everyone pretend this terrible poo poo is good as a meme or are there really that many mentally ill people on the internet

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ElGroucho posted:

So does everyone pretend this terrible poo poo is good as a meme or are there really that many mentally ill people on the internet

Depends on how good the meme is, my friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNphfuykGY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ElGroucho posted:

Have you ever considered that the ones who get irrationally angry at things may be the mentally ill ones lmao got em