Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That sounds really cool. In French or an English translation (I don’t speak French but it does sound cool enough to check out a good translation. A friend gave me a pile of used books for Christmas and one of them was a late 19th century French novel called against nature I’ve been working my way through. Not sure how I feel about it but it’s interesting and I’ve never really engaged with stuff from that time and place. It has a cool little bit about a bejeweled and gilded turtle though

translated by guy wernham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

translated by guy wernham

Thanks. I’ll check it out

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I don't even have a clear idea of what the post-left is beyond "Greenwald and I think Max Blumenthal are considered parts of it, and it has something to do with being whiny about identity politics." I think that the ideas behind it (to the extent that they even coherently exist) are generally dumb, but can't conceive of thinking it matters (since they're still less dumb and dumb in a less meaningful/harmful way than literally any mainstream ideology).

IMO the people bringing it up are doing so because they've been conditioned by internet/twitter discourse into constantly feeling the need to explain/defend themselves to liberals. So they have to bring up the "post-left" so they can make sure the liberals realize that they're not one of those people, they're a good leftist who cares about social justice!

Glenn greenwald and max Blumenthal aren't post left. The post left is all those crees and dickheads who were never leftists but pretend they were so they can go on about how they had to leave the left because of woke ideology. People who go around saying poo poo like "I used to be a leftist but I refused to agree we should abolish gender and make families illegal". It's not an ideology, it's a grift in the actual sense of the word

Agreed that it doesn't matter at all though. They're preaching to an audience of sad pepes, no one who matters gives a poo poo

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 20:39 on Jan 24, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Turning trad because you saw a bunch of pepe memes ftw

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I thought post-left was like the peter coffin/aimee terese/red scare lot? Just people angling for attention and/or thiel money by making the most provocative takes possible

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Dignity posted:

I thought post-left was like the peter coffin/aimee terese/red scare lot? Just people angling for attention and/or thiel money by making the most provocative takes possible

Yeah basically. It's a specific genre of those types

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

some plague rats posted:

Glenn greenwald and max Blumenthal aren't post left. The post left is all those crees and dickheads who were never leftists but pretend they were so they can go on about how they had to leave the left because of woke ideology. People who go around saying poo poo like "I used to be a leftist but I refused to agree we should abolish gender and make families illegal". It's not an ideology, it's a grift in the actual sense of the word

Agreed that it doesn't matter at all though. They're preaching to an audience of sad pepes, no one who matters gives a poo poo

Is there something particularly unique about a Canadian indigenous people that makes them particularly drawn to the post left?

I know you meant creeps but it made me lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
widepeepoTrad

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
so would Matt Yglesias be post-left?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

no

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

so would Matt Yglesias be post-left?

Matty is just a dumbass with an over abundance of confidence. I don’t think he’s any different than any of the other notable liberal establishment talking heads really. Definitely not post left or really any ideology other than attention

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

No Dignity posted:

yeah i think it's basically (formerly or current) self-IDed leftists going soft reactionary

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Smythe posted:

this was an incredible cumtown bit

So dark and depressing

Smythe posted:

heres another pic of tat guy which is raising a lot of questions

This is Jiminy Glick, right?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is there something particularly unique about a Canadian indigenous people that makes them particularly drawn to the post left?

I know you meant creeps but it made me lol

actually, having recently found myself bedeviled by wendigos,

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

some plague rats posted:

actually, having recently found myself bedeviled by wendigos,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLt98WxrYAw

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Dasha went on Charlie XCXs podcast and now all the pop stans are gunning for her

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ok

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wizard Master posted:

@NiggaferLopez

lol twitter

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah Dasha is a huge piece of poo poo, we get it. can you just get it over with already, Wizard Master, so we don’t have to hear about her anymore?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
wizard master please cancel dasha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
with a hot shovel

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Nick lost that ibm commercial for less

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

charli xcx has a podcast?

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Pod drat America does good interviews. This is my semi-weekly Alex Ptak plug

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Doc Fission posted:

Alex Ptak is so unpleasant

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Doc Fission posted:

Jake Flores podcast? No thank you.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

seinfeld was a good show. very funny that they literally had to put the main cast on trial for being horrible dickheads in the finale because that wasn't getting through to people somehow.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

this wasn’t in the script btw

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Doc Fission posted:

i listened to an ep for the interview with vijay prashad but:

crepeface posted:

8 minutes into the intro banter of pod drat america and it is absolutely brutal.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Post more wizard Master. It is the only reason I bookmarked this thread. Thank you for your service.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

lol

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
jiminy glick mf

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
So much make sense when you realize how much this guy raised America, is that picture really real?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

slave to my cravings posted:

wizard master please cancel dasha

thatd own

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
will what the gently caress did you do to your mic, did adam come over and use it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shipon posted:

will what the gently caress did you do to your mic, did adam come over and use it

lol was just about to say this.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Jake Flores podcast? No thank you.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

No Dignity posted:

Is this what the post left is? If so, thank you for clarifying.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yeah. They post, then everyone left! :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Doc Fission posted:

I'd rather listen to Pod Save America.