Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
a russian politician being a nationalist shitbag is kinda a given but it's funny to see libs contort to ignore or outright excuse his antisemitism or that cockroach video because "it's complicated"
edit: or worse, that he's being insincere and only cynically using nationalist rhetoric

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Feb 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

Honest Thief posted:

a russian politician being a nationalist shitbag is kinda a given but it's funny to see libs contort to ignore or outright excuse his antisemitism or that cockroach video because "it's complicated"
edit: or worse, that he's being insincere and only cynically using nationalist rhetoric

Maddow stanning for this fucker radicalized my mom and saved her from msnbc

But I had to save it on her teevee after she watched it, show her who this fucker was, and then replay the segment for her. There's some kind of goldfish memory going on. She was a top grade lawyer, argued in front of the supreme court, had to rent the tux with tails for it, but somehow she falls for msnbc.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

they've been kicking the can down the road on the Ukraine for a decade at this point

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Pretending to be a nazi to own the oligarchs.
In any case I'm sure Yeltsin 2.0 is on the up and up, really. If the West wants him in charge he has to be good right?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I will not respect Navalny until he is found at 2am on the White House lawn in his pants, unbelievably drunk and trying to order a pizza

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

in the current political climate it’s hard enough to unite americans on any single topic, so i doubt sending “our boys” overseas to die for an island where tvs come from is going to work

Popular American sentiment has nothing to do with it, the last 20 years have made that abundantly clear. If a Chinese invasion Fleet approached Taiwan I don't see how the US Navy and the PLAN don't shoot it out since that's what the 7th Fleet is there to do, it's not like us not bombing Russia after their totally not an invasion of Ukraine. It's technically a country that we've said we'd helped defend for the past 70+ years. If the US didn't fo something than NATO is worthless (it is worthless but not to the NATSEC ghouls) since it calls into question the reliability of an American alliance. To these people's thinking not attacking a Chinese invasion force is the end of the American Empire, a thing they don't want to happen.

And there isn't going to be any "Going over there" because either the PLAN gets sunk or we lose a carrier taskforce than nukes are going to fly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

KomradeX posted:

Popular American sentiment has nothing to do with it, the last 20 years have made that abundantly clear. If a Chinese invasion Fleet approached Taiwan I don't see how the US Navy and the PLAN don't shoot it out since that's what the 7th Fleet is there to do, it's not like us not bombing Russia after their totally not an invasion of Ukraine. It's technically a country that we've said we'd helped defend for the past 70+ years. If the US didn't fo something than NATO is worthless (it is worthless but not to the NATSEC ghouls) since it calls into question the reliability of an American alliance. To these people's thinking not attacking a Chinese invasion force is the end of the American Empire, a thing they don't want to happen.

And there isn't going to be any "Going over there" because either the PLAN gets sunk or we lose a carrier taskforce than nukes are going to fly

That sounds really bad for business.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
China isn't going to invade Taiwan, not until their economy is robust and self-sustaining enough to survive mostly as an import-based economy and can effectively replace America as global economic hegemon. Why would they give that up over what they see as a tiny rebellious island when they have far more to gain by signing trade deals with the rest of the world.

MEGA THREAD RETARD posted:

Maddow stanning for this fucker radicalized my mom and saved her from msnbc

But I had to save it on her teevee after she watched it, show her who this fucker was, and then replay the segment for her. There's some kind of goldfish memory going on. She was a top grade lawyer, argued in front of the supreme court, had to rent the tux with tails for it, but somehow she falls for msnbc.

Well-educated intelligent people are really, really good at reasoning their way into absolute bullshit.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Centrist Committee posted:

lol chapo doing ad reads now

Is this why Liam introduced the last WTYP with an ad read for Bread & Roses as a "CSPAM alternative"?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Skulk Hogan posted:

I hope this guys wife leaves him for a libertarian.

lol I bet your alone and sad. Maybe get a haircut? could do wonders.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Harton posted:

lol I bet your alone and sad. Maybe get a haircut? could do wonders.

please do not again wish death upon other posters during this pandemic

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

That sounds really bad for business.

That never stopped a war before

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Shipon posted:

China isn't going to invade Taiwan, not until their economy is robust and self-sustaining enough to survive mostly as an import-based economy and can effectively replace America as global economic hegemon. Why would they give that up over what they see as a tiny rebellious island when they have far more to gain by signing trade deals with the rest of the world.

Yeahi probably not, but I eas just talking about how the Foreign Policy guys with a straight face would say the US wouldn't fo something if that happened. If China is crossing the straits under thise conditions the US as a global power had already waned . I kirst mean to expect the US to do nothing as the way things are right now I think is disconnected from the reality of American Empire

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

shirts and skins posted:

Is this why Liam introduced the last WTYP with an ad read for Bread & Roses as a "CSPAM alternative"?

lmbo

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

KomradeX posted:

taiwan would be under SEATO not NATO

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shirts and skins posted:

:laffo:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Someone should introduce donoteat to rhizzone instead.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

on youtube I found that the accounts that post Cum Town clips have started podcasts about the Cum Town community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X7DgMutwV4

not watched this vid but i think the subreddit got taken over by all the O and A guys and theyre all just being racist and waiting for nick to post cringe so they can ruin his life

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Yossarian-22 posted:

Staking about the brave position that Chinese treatment of Xinjiang Uyghurs is probably really bad but also that there aren't a million being detained itt

Yeah, I think that's the heart of it. The total denialism and focus on Zenz is really weird because originally China said that there weren't any camps, and then after more and more evidence came out the party line changed to "okay there are camps but they're good actually" which I think kinda moves the conversation beyond "Zenz is making it up."

This also comes after Chen Quanguo arrived in Xinjiang after doing a little demo version of the camps back when he worked in the TAR, interning returning Tibetan pilgrims who had gone to attend the kalachakra teachings in India. It's like hundreds of septuagenarian Tibetan farmers being held incommunicado in a camp for weeks or months while the benevolent Party corrects their mistaken feudal superstitions and reminds them about the glorious embrace of the motherland.

also lol that Uyghur graveyards are getting demolished at the same time and Mongols are protesting for Mongol language education and even loving Yanbian is seeing their ethnic autonomy rolled back and we're supposed to think that this is some rogue researcher making it up and not a clear wave of han chauvinist retrenchment under Xi.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Yossarian-22 posted:

Staking about the brave position that Chinese treatment of Xinjiang Uyghurs is probably really bad but also that there aren't a million being detained itt

this is where they ended up on RWN

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Shipon posted:

i've eaten at least two probes over questioning that huckster nazi

Shipon posted:

the genocide stuff i flat out don't believe because it comes almost entirely from one guy who works at a place that claims Nazi soldier deaths are victims of communism. and lol at saying china has dystopian surveillance when we know full well what the CIA and NSA have been doing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol how the gently caress was that probatable.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mila kunis posted:

lol how the gently caress was that probatable.

he's not the only one

uninterrupted posted:

the evidence of china being lovely comes from the same people which, again, said saddam had nukes and morales lost his election, and are filled with obvious wild lies about more than 7 million uyghurs being killed and that weird hair story that floated around, mostly originated from a lunatic evangelical that makes Ahmed Chalabi sound like a level headed reasonable subject matter expert.

consider why you’re so quick to say “well something must be happening” based on a pile of articles from people drooling for war with China

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

that one came with a forum ban too

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
"genocide denying ccp shill" holy poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam mods got real antsy because ppl whined in qcs so theyve been leaning towards the D&D side ever since.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Homeless Friend posted:

cspam mods got real antsy because ppl whined in qcs so theyve been leaning towards the D&D side ever since.

I think R Guy was planning on leaving cspam anyways but the whole QCS arc where D&D people called him a genocide denier was the last straw.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Id trust the people who said iraq had wmds too

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think R Guy was planning on leaving cspam anyways but the whole QCS arc where D&D people called him a genocide denier was the last straw.

lol i think i was at work when that qcs thread went down or I would have 100% been a true shill for the CCP and extolled the virtues of uyghur reeducation to piss off the mods/caremad folks

e: thats right i was on my phone, but then more work and by the time i got out it was over :rip:

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Mar 1, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

people still bring that up like its an own on us lol. well, it absolutely is, but they say 'wow cspam had a genocide denier admin' and not 'lmfao cspam has mods who think black book poo poo is real'. now that i say it though, the dipshit mods believe every other cointelpro thing, so not that hard to imagine.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i give it a few months before unironically referencing victims of communism garbage and antisemitism bans for supporting jeremy corbyn

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he's not the only one

that one came with a forum ban too

he got forum banned from cspam for that??????
flavius what the gently caress are you doing you cringe moron return your buttons and go to d&d

e: critical support for r guyovich

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

would be nice to get a list of State Dept propaganda it's probateable to challenge here in C-SPAM

Flavius is the worst loving mod in the this forum, why would you want to continue modding a place where nobody respects or wants you I just don't get it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QUEER FRASIER posted:

would be nice to get a list of State Dept propaganda it's probateable to challenge here in C-SPAM

Flavius is the worst loving mod in the this forum, why would you want to continue modding a place where nobody respects or wants you I just don't get it

Well you see, much like the other gaggle of moron mods we have, he was a thread sweetie from one of those abominable megathreads full of doomposting, so its the rest of us who are bad and not the toxic sewer he crawled out of.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
r guy also got did dirty for pointing out the holodomor being a famine and not an intentional genocide, which is a thing that isn't remotely a fringe or extremist position

like academics still argue about it, it isn't anywhere close to "9-11 was holograms" or anything

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I posted the same stuff at the same time and yet the hysteria brigade in this subforum never seems to remember that.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I hate you so much flavius you stupid buttfucker

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm gay

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

Well you see, much like the other gaggle of moron mods we have, he was a thread sweetie from one of those abominable megathreads full of doomposting, so its the rest of us who are bad and not the toxic sewer he crawled out of.

lol yeah

mods we also have:

- the guy that spammed power rangers gifs from tumblr and posted like a stroke victim from turning off autocorrect

- the guy that spent hours reproducing shitposts of trump misspellings with a fountain pen and posting literally hundreds of twitter embeds a day

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

User was banned for this post. Society is so hosed up

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i wouldn't single out mods from posters considering we had people like taintrunner posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

shrike82 posted:

i wouldn't single out mods from posters considering we had people like taintrunner posting

what does this even mean