Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Can’t believe people bring up twitter in the thread for podcasts that are incomprehensible without it

How about this, no twitter posts except those that:

-Relate directly to the topic of a podcast or episode
-Relate directly to the podcast itself
-Are made by someone involved in the production of a podcast (hosts, producers, writers, sound people, etc.)

Would that work? Keep out the helldumping while still letting people post twitter news and info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1147186518768803840?s=19

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

mila kunis posted:

too much loving bakunin talk on the revolutions podcast, get to the good bits already

I dont mind it, for one thing it was kind of interesting hearing bakunin berating marx for electoralism and how they incorporated each others ideas.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

mila kunis posted:

i guess i just dont understand anarchism. throwing away the state and 'authoritarianism' without a few generations of dismantling current social relations is just going to lead to a power vaccum thats filled with private interests like oligarchs, warlords and militias. organized beats disorganized everytime and the state is the embodiment of organized power used against your enemies, because if you dont they absolutely will do the same to you

I agree, Bakunin seems unwilling to consider the possibility of an army undoing all of anarchism's work and is overly idealistic in his views on human motivations.

That said it is interesting to hear his perspective on peasants as a revolutionary class, his idea that property confiscation is the real key to neutralizing the ruling class, and how to handle the religious question.

Hes more interesting as a foil to marx than as a thinker in his own right.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
There was some ancom youtuber that announced they were no longer ancoms because they had "discovered" the truth of fascism "but not the bad kind".

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/CitizenDK/status/1148638892788244480?s=19

Found it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Gripweed posted:

that dude has less than 2,000 subscribers. Why does anyone care about him?

Cause its super easy to dunk on him on twitter and your podcast?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you can use that five bucks on radio war nerd instead

Just subscribed to it myself and started with the Inca episode. Im alreat feeling good about my purchase.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Amber is fine if a bit abrasive.

Anna on the other hand is mostly just acting out to get attention and trying to ascribe some grander political ideology other than "pay attention to me" to her is a waste of time.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Shakenbaker posted:

Reporting back from the older RWN on LaRouche: did y'all know that Karl Marx worked with the republicans during the American civil war to prevent the US from being controlled by England?

I want a LotR-length series of movies about LaRouche now because my god it's just bonkers poo poo all the way down

Just listened to the same episode and im starting to suspect everything Ive ever heard about trotskyist wreckers is true.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

wasn't Karl Marx in communication with Lincoln during the Civil War?

I think he wrote him letters but who knows if Lincoln ever saw them, I'm sure even in those days a lot of people sent unsolicited correspondence to the president.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I dont know why we have to stick to calling people fascist when right wing ideology has so many more crazy varieties.

I wanna start accusing people of being monarchists and neofeudalists.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

anyway it's cool that chapo interviewed williamson and yang before gravel and probably won't at all. bet it means something but im not sure what yet

You do know Gravel himself thinks Michael Bloomberg should be the next president right?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

freckle posted:

lol link?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/04/mike-gravels-unlikely-democratic-presidential-campaign/586837/

quote:

Despite his political differences with the former New York mayor, Gravel thinks Michael Bloomberg should change his mind and run, pegging him as the best chance to beat Trump.)

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

you're right, one stupid opinion disqualifies him from an interview. so i'm glad they're only talking to non-insane people like marianne williamson and andrew yang

Not what im saying but ok

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Victory Position posted:

*blindly throwing darts, attempting to discern the next center of irony poisoning*

aah, good old... Scranton, PA

Im there right now and it sucks worse but in different ways

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

how much of it is because people won't shut up about The Office and how much of it is because they play up its blue collar background?

Its an ex mining town, Joe Biden is from here and its run by the mafia. You can pretty much let your imagination run from there

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

well I’m sure Orb Mother and Silicon Valley Dumbass are such invaluable contributions to the discourse then.

Considering the Silicon Valley Dumbass was interviewed specifically to poke holes in his platform and peel off supporters there is far more practical reasons to interview Yang than Gravel, especially since it is now extremely clear that Gravel is not getting on the debate stage no matter what.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I understand why they interviewed Yang but I think there is a good discussion to be had about whether they accomplished what they wanted to with the interview.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Listened to the Jeffrey Epstein power hour hosted by Nick and Matt and now I want them to have a podcast together

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Nice Red Scare subtweet

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Percelus posted:

because he discovered weed and descartes like most people did when they were 16?

I dont think you quite understand the point of that tweet, hes making fun of the guy hes replying to

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mr Interweb posted:

started listening to the Revolutions podcast, and it''s pretty good so far. though i do find it a bit odd that someone who's into marx and has been doing this for a few years now has yet to talk about the russian revolution.

Be warned that Duncan is not a marxist, hes a liberal and thats gonna color his analysis a little early on. Hes been drifting leftward in his analysis since the Haitian revolution and Trump's election though and even willing to seriously engage with the ideas of left wing revolutionaries more than you would expect from a liberal.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah a bunch of seasons in a row have the eternal sadness of the Marquis de Laffayette as a recurring subplot.

Also that weird french admiral who bounced from the american to french revolutions only to end up in the Haitian revolution where he fed people to dogs

Edit: Also Napoleon

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

peep the replies to this for Good Faith, Sincere criticisms

https://twitter.com/ZugIslander/status/1157484726338424834

These replies feel extremely astroturfed

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

necrophilia defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YK8cXKcF7w

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

Is True Anon still happening or did the deep state get to them?

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1158913112931618821

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
We're at a point where nick has a more measured and grounded take on Epstein than matt.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

He was going for a Baudrillard-type take. "Jeffrey Epstein", for all intents and purposes, is just a name that's meant to individualize the human trafficking network he ostensibly ran. Whenever ever a transaction needed to happen, "Epstein" would be one of the names on whatever documents needed to be produced. That doesn't mean that Jeffrey Epstein wasn't killed by whichever assassin got to him first, but he wasn't necessarily "Jeffrey Epstein".

I think this is the take that makes the most sense, given how obviously he was groomed for the position and his multiple rich benefactors.

Now that doesn't mean that he was some meat puppet who had no will of his own, he very obviously was into it and genuinely socialized with the rich and powerful. In the grand scheme of things though hes just an upscaled and more illicit version of the DC madame.

As an aside I was wondering why Trump is acting the way he is in regards to the Epstein stuff and I think I have the answer: He thinks Qanon is real.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

I just want to see Biden and Trump debate, it's just unfair that that reality be potentially closed to us.

just go to any nursing home for the same effect

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Martian Manfucker posted:

Anna is guilty of being the worst thing: boring.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

the longer chapo goes without posting the epstein suicide megapod the more i am inclined to think they're running things by their CIA handlers tbh

Crossing my fingers that they get Nick on the pod for it. Not only because I want Nick on Chapo but because his take on everything is the closest to my own.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im pretty sure Amber's point was that they needed to pull up from the navel gazing over his death and the masonic ritual stuff. She was getting into it as much as anyone when they went through that Fatherly article and talked about Les Wexner's glowing article.

Feel free to make fun of her for being baffled by a Wisconsin accent though, that was weird.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Helsing posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent podcast discussions of Jeffrey Epstein? I was initially excited for TrueAnon but based on the free episodes so far the hosts seem too lazy to bother doing any research beyond reading the same widely available articles that everyone who cares about this issue has already read. Anyone know if there are any podcasts with actual investigative journalists who have at least dedicated an episode to this topic?

Grubstaker's latest premium ep is pretty good for this but they cover all billionaires, not just Epstein.

They also had Donoteat01 on their latest free ep and talked about it a bit

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

The honeymoon phase is over with trueanon.

Edit: that 15 minutes near the end before the igor reading series was good and I would like more of that with some research.

When they drop the act and they actually confront how hosed up this all is was one of the better moments on the show. I do hope they grow beyond reading the 4-5 weekly Epstein articles but Liz and Brace have good dynamic as well as genuine horror at all this poo poo.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Was just about to post this lol

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MizPiz posted:

I knew that constantly derailing this thread with 40k bullshit would payoff

:same:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Tzeentch is the literal god of Revolutions

AnEdgelord