Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

I had to stop listening to Dan Carlin after the millionth time he had to stop and rant about libertarianism.

“The government, like all governments, was greedy and dumb. They were greedy and dumb and made stupid rules because that’s all governments do. All governments become bad because the power corrupts them into wasting money.”

Listening to his completley incoherant ramblings on his recent politics pod was good for a laugh at least. Just a superb example of a pudding-brained belief in america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
This nostalgia poo poo sucks rear end, its gunna suck to listen to 30 year olds whining about how the new jackass fails to live up to the mantle of the original

Why do people think anything will recapture their youth?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

N. Senada posted:

watched this today based on your rec. it was solid. I gave up on the show during series 2, but that last season is good stuff

The show has pretty much defined U.K perceptions of WWI, which is pretty great because all the tories get incredibly mad that don't think their grandad lord Nonce the III was a hero for getting 10 million people killled at the somme

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

KomradeX posted:

Yeah but when has a South American coup ever lived up to the logic given for the coup and wasnt a blatant grab by reactionaries, though I don't get why the constant delays for the election when they could just rig the vote

It can be worthwhile to reiterate on this stuff to remind less jaded people.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Xaris posted:

also caught up on ghost stories, it's good. im also in the same way that true crime loving sucks dick and is boring as poo poo but i would say the real difference is poo poo like jeffrey dahmer or w/e is mostly just boring and uninteresting disconnected whereas years of lead crime is more an actual socio-historically relevant and actual conspiratorial because there's strings going every which way and that's actually interesting. i dont think you have much to worry about becoming true-crime adjacent

Reading up on serial killers is pretty instructive on how little of a poo poo cops give about minorities, sex workers, and queer people, seeing as most of the killers were so loving dumb that they only got away with it for so long because no effort at all was put into solving their murders.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
IranContrapoints

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I've heard Ramsay is also a prick in real life, but I might have him and Jamie Oliver mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I thought it was a metaphor about the dangers of fishing farms