Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I guess I’m taking crazy pills because I thought that was a stellar show. The ending was flat but let’s be real, we know this isn’t a sign of a new pattern.

Also after the match the post show commentary is really selling checking on Okada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just watched the opener and I just have to say I really appreciate Umino still selling a standard Dirty Deeds (I'm still calling it that, it's a great name) like a a goddamn dead fish like three full minutes later.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The show was good but the tag title match was a boring rematch for the 8,000th time (not saying it was bad, just nothing new) and the Ibushi/Naito match lost a lot of people on the stupid apron German spot and subsequent head drops.

Without the German spot it would have been business as usual, but it just looked like a horrific botch and the replay didn't help.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It was a good show; just the semi-main was a terrible match and the main event isn't necessarily what I hoped for - Jericho as wrestler doesn't really work and you need the smoke and mirrors with him. No objection to the finish though; you need finishes like that occasionally to help sell near falls in later matches plus its the same thing that he beat Omega in the first fall of last years match with which I thought was pretty cool. Plus if Jericho is losing all of these matches you can't just beat him clean as a sheet every time!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Back when Nakamura ran the CHAOS faction, that was his nickname for YOSHI-HASHI.

Because he came back from his excursion to Mexico with a fondness for the cuisine.

I liked that show a lot and assumed they were building to Tana/Jericho when they pointed him out on commentary, but I didn't expect the build to go quite that way.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

cams posted:

jericho would literally die if he worked the g1

You could have him work 3-4 actual matches against the people he actually wants/needs to work, then have all his other matches end in DQ immediately as the first thing he does is low blow opponents in front of the ref/do the tables and chairs thing/other dq-able offence stuff. End the match immediately then let him screw around for 10 minutes. Kinda like the Yano 'let some people have the night off' thing, but a different kind of entertainment.

Dunno how much this would suck, but that's an in-character way to book Jericho in the G1 I guess! It was my prediction after he won the IC belt last year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We really don't need another G1 full of guys intentionally DQing themselves.

If you gotta bend over backwards to protect a guy's booking then just don't put him in the tournament.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just watched the opener and I just have to say I really appreciate Umino still selling a standard Dirty Deeds (I'm still calling it that, it's a great name) like a a goddamn dead fish like three full minutes later.

Shota Umino is really goddamn great and he's only gonna get better :hai:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1137762268471369728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright the show's over, back to your regularly scheduled thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878948