Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best sandwich?
This poll is closed.
Reuben 101 36.33%
Cubano 58 20.86%
Goku 45 16.19%
I'm a dumb gay retard and also im stupid 74 26.62%
Total: 278 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Super Waffle posted:

God drat, this sounds good

EDIT - I found a company that makes sandwich-themed shirts, so that you can display your love of sandwiches out in public: http://delifreshthreads.com/

I got your shirt right here you son of a GUN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Big Beef City posted:

I got your shirt right here you son of a GUN

Give me a link YOU COWARD

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Here.

Ohmy god

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 11, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Roma's are paste tomatoes. You've been lied to, friend.

They are very wrong and very stupid.

My dad grows romas and they're always a deep red and better than the other tomatoes he grows. They probably use them in paste because again, they have a very strong tomato taste so when people buy paste they want it to taste like tomatoes. Also, I've never seen a non-juicy roma. And if they are less juicy (?) then that means less dilution and again, they have a stronger tomato taste.

My taste buds don't lie. WHOEVER WROTE THAT LIES.

edit: There is one possible cause of my awesome opinions. I'm not actually eating what I think are roma tomatoes. But I'm pretty sure. My dad grows big ones, not 3" ones. More like 5".

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 11, 2019

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:eyepop:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They are very wrong and very stupid.

My dad grows romas and they're always a deep red and better than the other tomatoes he grows. They probably use them in paste because again, they have a very strong tomato taste so when people buy paste they want it to taste like tomatoes. Also, I've never seen a non-juicy roma. And if they are less juicy (?) then that means less dilution and again, they have a stronger tomato taste.

My taste buds don't lie. WHOEVER WROTE THAT LIES.

edit: There is one possible cause of my awesome opinions. I'm not actually eating what I think are roma tomatoes. But I'm pretty sure. My dad grows big ones, not 3" ones. More like 5".

Sounds like you've gone and mixed up Roma and Beefsteak

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sid Vicious posted:

Sounds like you've gone and mixed up Roma and Beefsteak

Definitely not beefsteak. Those things are huge, like the size of a baseball/softball, and have almost no flavor. They're like a light red/pink color.

I meant length by the 3" not the diameter.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Surprisingly no, but I have to assume our arteries are in the same shape

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
8 inch italian hot all the way ey yi yi woooo!!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arrhythmia posted:

It's obviously the Reuben

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Definitely not beefsteak. Those things are huge, like the size of a baseball/softball, and have almost no flavor. They're like a light red/pink color.

I meant length by the 3" not the diameter.

3" mentioned in that article is probably your standard grocery store roma, I've experienced beefsteak and roma varieties being much larger and juicier in the garden

which leads me to the BLT. the best sandwich I personally ever had was:

-fresh thick cut bacon from a local farmer
-fresh beefsteak tomato out of the garden
-FRESH spinach out of the garden
-homemade bread
-quality MAYO

like holy poo poo,...

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 11, 2019

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I make the best Subway sandwich by removing it from the wrapper and throwing it right in the garbage

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RocktheCaulk posted:

I make the best Subway sandwich by removing it from the wrapper and throwing it right in the garbage

This but shove it directly in my anus

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

His rear end is pure garbage, so if you do you're technically not littering.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

dunno if 'best sandwich' but certainly 'tasty sandwich'

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mozi posted:

dunno if 'best sandwich' but certainly 'tasty sandwich'

A/k/a “how to ruin a white shirt in one bite”

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

RocktheCaulk posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People rightly poo poo all over Subway for being the worst fast food sub place and that's fine.
A couple months ago I had to drive on down to my folks place about an hour or so away to give them something, and when I got there, they said "Hey stick around your dad's getting Subway", and to myself, I thought "You're making GBS threads me, no, why would I do that." but whatever.

My dad pops in with it and I'm expecting your normal floppy garbage rear end pile of poo poo, right?

Without any exaggeration at all, the sandwiches he got looked, and I'm not loving kidding, BETTER than what you'd see in a Subway tv ad or photo shoot.
I mean even the black olives were placed properly on these sandwiches and everything was put together properly and the bread was perfectly baked and cut. It no poo poo looked like it was fake, prop food. If I didn't see them come in wrapped in Subway wrappers and ask them about it, I would have said they were lying to me. I have never seen something like that before.

I mean I know fast food places franchise out and the quality varies from some places to another, especially as you go across the country and what not, but I mean...it was weird.
When I mentioned to my folks that this was not what I was expecting, they seemed pretty surprised and said "Oh, well this is the GOOD subway in town", oh. Well, ok mom.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
1. Shawarma and/or Doner
2. Philly Cheesesteak
3. Falafel
4. Cuban
5. Patty Melt and/or Pastrami Reuben and/or Corned Beef Reuben
6. Nashville Hot Fried Chicken BLTA Club
7. Smoked Pulled Pork with BBQ and Coleslaw
8. Monte Cristo
9. Coney Chili Cheese Dogs
10. Italian Primanti style Panini

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Gatts posted:

1. Shawarma and/or Doner
2. Philly Cheesesteak
3. Falafel
4. Cuban
5. Patty Melt and/or Pastrami Reuben and/or Corned Beef Reuben
6. Nashville Hot Fried Chicken BLTA Club
7. Smoked Pulled Pork with BBQ and Coleslaw
8. Monte Cristo
9. Coney Chili Cheese Dogs
10. Italian Primanti style Panini

I could nitpick the need for more than just pickles on the Nashville Hot, or the ranking of Falafel -- maybe start a debate about hot dog toppings or if these are all sandwiches. But gently caress it -- good work -- you know your sandwiches. :respek:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

The best sandwich I've ever had is the Reuben from Zingermans in Ann Arbor. It costs way too much but its incredible.

:hf: fellow Zingermans doer. I learned how to make pimento cheese because of a sammich I had from there.

And gently caress yes it was expensive

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
That one sandwich in spanglish

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I could nitpick the need for more than just pickles on the Nashville Hot, or the ranking of Falafel -- maybe start a debate about hot dog toppings or if these are all sandwiches. But gently caress it -- good work -- you know your sandwiches. :respek:

*Hi Five* man. As a Pakistani origin person, I give respect to the Pakistani Brad Pitt.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

People rightly poo poo all over Subway for being the worst fast food sub place and that's fine.
A couple months ago I had to drive on down to my folks place about an hour or so away to give them something, and when I got there, they said "Hey stick around your dad's getting Subway", and to myself, I thought "You're making GBS threads me, no, why would I do that." but whatever.

My dad pops in with it and I'm expecting your normal floppy garbage rear end pile of poo poo, right?

Without any exaggeration at all, the sandwiches he got looked, and I'm not loving kidding, BETTER than what you'd see in a Subway tv ad or photo shoot.
I mean even the black olives were placed properly on these sandwiches and everything was put together properly and the bread was perfectly baked and cut. It no poo poo looked like it was fake, prop food. If I didn't see them come in wrapped in Subway wrappers and ask them about it, I would have said they were lying to me. I have never seen something like that before.

I mean I know fast food places franchise out and the quality varies from some places to another, especially as you go across the country and what not, but I mean...it was weird.
When I mentioned to my folks that this was not what I was expecting, they seemed pretty surprised and said "Oh, well this is the GOOD subway in town", oh. Well, ok mom.

Thnaks you bbc

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This is, because this is not a thread it's a sandwich

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
does döner count as a sandwich? if so, that

if not, then either a schnitzelsemmel or käseleberkäsesemmel

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Gatts posted:

*Hi Five* man. As a Pakistani origin person, I give respect to the Pakistani Brad Pitt.

Oh I'm 100% a midwestern Jewish dude appropriating your culture -- my username comes from a lovely CNN headline. Thus why I've been posting gigantor pastrami sandwiches in this thread.

Perhaps the key to peace between our peoples lies in a sandwich.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i know its not a subway meatball but thats what im about to get

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Perhaps the key to peace between our peoples lies in a sandwich.

Look to the cookiesandwich

E. Also, yea, that ranking above is pretty legit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

i know its not a subway meatball but thats what im about to get

Meatball is always the right choice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Reuben. Marbled rye. Corned beef. Sauerkraut smothered in baby swiss on a hot flat top. Russian dressing on the side for dipping.

Roma tomatoes have denser flesh than beefsteaks and other tomatoes good for slicing. That's why they're not a 'juicy' tomato.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
local lunch spot does a Super BLT

its a regular BLT but with cream cheese instead of mayo. its real good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Something involving French cuisine. So cheese on a shrimp roll I guess?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Big Beef City posted:

people tend to get out of subway what they put in wrt their choices. if you just order whatever's on the promo poster and all the veggies, congrats you're no different from the Supersize Me guy and you've got the lousy sandwich to prove it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Gazpacho posted:

people tend to get out of subway what they put in wrt their choices. if you just order whatever's on the promo poster and all the veggies, congrats you're no different from the Supersize Me guy and you've got the lousy sandwich to prove it

"Mayonnaise please. A little more. A little more. A little more.

Okay, now ranch dressing..."

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Reuben, but a really well made clubhouse with fresh ingredients comes a close second.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

What is this sadness sandwich? It should look like this at minimum:

with something like this as ideal:

Also, I hope McChicken guy is at least getting hot 'n spicy McChickens as god intended

There's a difference between a Reuben and just eating corned beef you lunatic

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I dunno, I mean if you've ever had amazing hand sliced pastrami at a NY deli then its pretty much gently caress everything else and just get all the meat into my mouth right now

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Pastrami with egg salad on marbled rye

I'm moist just thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Pastrami with egg salad on marbled rye

I'm moist just thinking about it